Wed, Jul


Dream Team came from a goal down on Sunday to beat Boys Town 2-1 and stay unbeaten atop the Caribbean Welders Fishing Pond Football League standings.

The 2014 champions had to rely on a mistake from Boys Town to get back into the match after they found themselves trailing 1-0 in the first half. But they duly capitalised on their opponents’ generosity and struck twice courtesy set play luck and brilliance from midfielder Kern Diaz.

Boys Town started with pace and purpose in their play and should have took the lead in the first half but three bites at the cherry weren’t enough for their attackers. Isiah Smith, Teo Raymond and Marvin Brown all had excellent chances to open the scoring but somehow failed to hit the target. A low right sided cross whipped into the area found Smith lurking at the centre of the box but he failed to connect foot to ball.

Teo Raymond was however first to respond and met the ball first-time with his left but his shot was so bad it went straight to his team-mate Brown at the top of the box, but he side-footed his shot over bar in a comical sequence of play.

But Boys Town did not take too long to find the breakthrough, Smith latching on to a flick-on header, took just just two touches from a narrow angle on the left to settle himself and lash a left-footer through the goalie’s hands at the near post.

Boys Town were looking in full control and won a free kick just outside their penalty area as another Dream Team play broke down prematurely. But a moment of madness from defender Kelon Boatswain’s saw him try a short pass to midfielder Rion Moore which was easily intercepted. And with the attacker bearing down on goal, Boatswain had no choice to foul him and concede a free kick in a dangerous position.

Diaz went for power on the direct shot but his shot arrowed just wide of the post but straight to Andre Jordan who diverted the ball into the net from close range as the half ended 1-1. Immediately upon the resumption, Dream Team forward Patrick Parris, using his body to shield the ball, won a free kick for his team in another perilous spot. Diaz, going for guile this time, expertly curled the ball over the wall and into the net with the Boys Town goalie Dean Lopez unable to get around to make the stop.

The goal seemed to break the spirit of Boys Town but they still managed to create a few chances to find the equaliser but saw a Shayoon Primus effort cleared off the line and a last ditch tackle from Garcia stopping a marauding Moore as he was about to pull the trigger. Garcia stunningly almost made it 3-1 with a powerful shot from the defence that went over the ‘keeper and into the net but the referee blew for an infringement.

In Sunday’s other match, Express picked up their second win of the season while relegating Two Touch to their third straight defeat in a 2-1 result.

A first half double from Andell Allsop put Express on their way for three points. But Rellone Serrette halved the deficit with a well-taken goal, chipping the keeper after he was set free by Kareem “Wasa” Moyers. The goal made things interesting but it was not enough as Express held on for the win.

In other results, Take That and Cool It drew with Manzan United 1-1; Alliance were held by Dragon 1-1; Alescon FC beat SP Boys 3-2; Gremio beat El Carmen 45 4-1.