Former University of South Florida men’s soccer standout Kevon Neaves has signed a professional contract with the Swedish second division soccer club Koping FF.
Neaves, a midfielder from Petit Valley, Trinidad, played for USF from 2005-08 and recorded 13 goals and 19 assists for 45 career points. Last year he finished third on the team in points with 10 on three goals and four assists.
For his efforts during the 2008 campaign, Neaves was a All-BIG EAST Conference first team selection and was also named to the National Soccer Coaches Association of America (NSCAA) All-Northeast Region Team.
The Bulls finished this past season as the 2008 BIG EAST Champions, including a perfect 8-0-2 record at home. During the NCAA tournament, the Bulls beat Harvard, 2-1, in the second round, and then defeated UNC Greensboro, 3-1 in penalty kick’s, in the Sweet 16 to advance to the NCAA Elite Eight.
Köping FF refer INTERNATIONAL
By Josefin Sven Berg (magazin24.se)
June 25, 2009
The July 13 arrival Kevon Neaves from Trinidad / Tobago to Sweden - to play with Köping FF. - He is a class player who we hope to be able to lift the other offensive players in the squad, so that we begin to produce more goals, "says Håkan Thoreson in KFF to Magazin24.
Måltorkan has been great for Köping FF during spring in the Division 2 South Svealand. This was the club's board to start discussing measures during its previous meeting.
– Now that we finally took us to the division two, we do not want to go out directly, "says Håkan Thoreson, who is a member of KFF's board. Therefore we felt that we should try to do something.
Said and done - Monday July 13, the potential solution.
Magazin24 can now reveal that he named Kevon Neaves and almost from the University of South Florida in the USA. Originally, the 23-year-old Neaves from Trinidad / Tobago, where he played numerous games for the U20 and U23 teams. He has also had time to play with a squad, but because of their schooling in the U.S. has only been three matches.
- I would describe myself as a very strong and physical player with good shots and ball control, "says Neaves to Magazin24 at a slightly crackly phone line. What I can bring more games ahead and hopefully many more goals.
"Does the least Superettan class"
Even Håkan Thoreson in KFF mention the offensive benefits of Kevon Neaves:
- He is a class player who we hope to be able to lift the other offensive players in the squad, so that we begin to produce more goals, "says Thoreson. The idea is not that he will come in and do everything yourself, but lead to the other and lift them.
Given that Neaves under Thoreson "at least Superettan class", you must of course ask how KFF afford to take such a player?
- Most of the money was already in the budget to do something like this if needed, "says Håkan Thoreson.
Test Player in a month
The July 13 arrival, therefore, Kevon Neaves to Sweden and Köping. Thoreson says Neaves has been a so-called tourist visa for one month, then he can try to play with the KFF. If everything feels right then so he may a visa that allows at least he can stay the rest of the season.
- It will be great fun to come to Sweden and Köping, I have heard very good on you, "said a noticeably happy Kevon Neaves.
KFF took the help of agent Dark
It is football agent and köpingsbon Patrick Mörk who found Kevon Neaves to KFF.
- They contacted me for help in strengthening - I have previously contributed to the KFF had Polish Slawomir Mayak and Andy Kelly, "says Patrick Dark.
Mayak came to Köping in the early 90s and took the team to serieseger in division four, before he returned to Poland as the A squad - and among other things, played the World Cup qualifier against Sweden.
Andy Kelly went on from KFF to Landskrona, which then was a allsvenskt law.
How far Kevon Neaves can go remains to be seen - but it is clear in any case, the målglade midfield from Trinidad / Tobago arrive in Sweden July 13, to start playing with Köping FF in division two.