Wed, Sep

Bury lost experienced defender Matt barras just before kick-off, leaving them with only David Flitcroft to lead a very young Shakers' line-up. For Wrexham the highlight was the return of Carlos Edwards to competitive action, joining Dean Bennett in the Welsh team.

Early domination by Wrexham, as they hardly allowed the home side much possession, finally paid off on 17 minutes when Carlos Edwards marked his appearance with a great solo goal.

He collected the ball just over the half way line and ran all the way to the edge of the Bury box before despatching a low shot that deceived keeper Peter Collinge and came to rest in the back of the net.

Bury's first moment of danger came when Nicky Adams cut in off the left wing, buthis chip over Michael Jones was hit a little hard and the ball carried beyond the far post.

Shakers keeper Collinge kept the score down on 32 minutes when he blocked a close range effort from Dean Bennett, after Scott Green had headed down into his path following a corner.

Bennett broke into the home box on 37 minutes, drawing a defender to him and as he slipped a square pass for Jamie Reed to attack, a returning defender was able to block the youngster's effort away for a corner.

As half time approached and following a series of poor freekicks Roscoe laid the ball to Adams, who drove to the line crossed deep to the back post where Matt Hampson was able to finish from close range.

Wrexham came out in the second half and started to re-impose themselves on the game, like they had done in the first half.

The Reds retook the lead on the hour mark, as Edwards' corner was floated to the edge of the six-yard box and up rose centre half Gareth Evans to head home confidently.

Alex Smith looked to add a third when he took a pass from Mark Jones out wide and as he closed in on goal Colinge stood firm to make a good save with his feet.

Carlos though was the star of the show and his jinking runs down the left wing just served to remind the travelling Wrexham fans what we had been missing during the first half of the season.

The Reds made sure of their first win since Septejmebre when Jamie Reed finished a nice move by rounding the keeper and sliding the ball home on 75 minutes.

Bennett, Edwards and Green were all replaced on 78 minutes with Kieran Quinn, Matty Done and Marc Williams coming on.

Evans then crashed his header onto the Bury woodwork, after the keeper had made a fine save from Quinn to concede a corner.

Deep into injury time Jones forced the keeper into a save as he touched the ball onto the crossbar and behind for a corner.