Town’s move for Wigan striker Jason Scotland is on hold while the Latics secure his replacement, according to reports in Lancashire.
Over the weekend, Blues boss Roy Keane said he was hopeful of signing Scotland in time for Saturday’s game at Crystal Palace.
However, Wigan manager Roberto Martinez is said to want to secure a replacement for Scotland before he’ll allow him to move on with Chelsea’s Franco di Santo a loan target.
The Latics face Chelsea at the weekend, so the Argentinian wouldn’t be able to play for Martinez’s side until the following week.
The Latics boss is also concerned about Victor Moses, who suffered an injury in the 4-0 weekend mauling by Blackpool.
Wigan confirmed that they had accepted an offer believed to be £750,000 from the Blues last week with the player subsequently holding talks with Town.