Swansea sources are linking Town striker Jason Scotland with a move back to the Liberty Stadium.
Scotland enjoyed a hugely successful two-year spell with the Swans between 2007 and 2009, netting 52 goals in 91 starts and 14 sub appearances.
The 31-year-old joined the Blues from Wigan for a fee understood to be in the region of £750,000 in the summer and has scored seven times in 22 starts and six substitute appearances. He is contracted to the Blues until the summer of 2012.
The Swans, who were interested in signing their former player in the summer before his move to Portman Road, yesterday allowed ex-Town frontman Shefki Kuqi to leave by mutual consent and Scotland may be seen as the man to replace the Finnish international in their squad, given his previous success playing in their lone striker’s role.
Last week, Blues boss Paul Jewell said he had no plans to allow any of the current squad to move on, although that could change if the right offer came in for players he doesn’t see as integral to his plans going forward.
Meanwhile, Town were amongst a long list of clubs represented at Bournemouth’s Dean Court on Saturday to watch the Cherries defeat fellow League One high flyers Brighton 1-0. Crystal Palace, Watford, Bristol City, QPR, Middlesbrough, Norwich and Cardiff are also reported to have sent scouts, while Scunthorpe have been eyeing Bournemouth players at previous games.
The Lincolnshire club, along with Palace, are said to be chasing defender Jason Pearce, the Cherries skipper, and midfielder Marvin Bartley.
Watford have been linked with keeper Shwan Jalal, while midfielders Marc Pugh, Liam Feeney and Anton Robinson are also understood to be those interesting other clubs