June 23, 2024, 01:22:49 PM

Author Topic: Jamaica schoolboys keep Friendship Cup.  (Read 14033 times)

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jamaica schoolboys keep Friendship Cup.
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2006, 12:33:18 PM »
i heard about this screening
and i think i distinctly remember it being down south or something of that sort
and it was also on a game day
i think it was semis of intercol @ HSC
Fatima against St. Augustine

seems to make sense, Fatima and St. Augustine were two of the top four teams in the country.  zero players were selected from Fatima and only one player from St Augustine.   Remember St Augustine is the  back to back national league champions and Fatima was the defending intercol champions and eventual 2006 runners up. 

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2006, 12:38:13 PM »
i heard about this screening
and i think i distinctly remember it being down south or something of that sort
and it was also on a game day
i think it was semis of intercol @ HSC
Fatima against St. Augustine

seems to make sense, Fatima and St. Augustine were two of the top four teams in the country.  zero players were selected from Fatima and only one player from St Augustine.   Remember St Augustine is the  back to back national league champions and Fatima was the defending intercol champions and eventual 2006 runners up.  

Offline heete

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2006, 10:28:03 AM »
so then we wonder why they lost. Simply the best team was not selected

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2006, 12:17:58 PM »
lack of talent. 

Football (and footballers) in Trinidad and Tobago are just not as good as they used to be in generations past.

Plain talk bad manners.

Offline heete

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2006, 09:36:17 AM »
is not that. the passion that goes with football these days is not the same for instance the strike squad vs the soca warriors. to me people were far more passionate about the strike squad even though the soca warriors qualified. all kinds of people jump to like football for soca warriors at world cup and after world cup nuttin

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2006, 09:19:44 AM »
Ah bounce up Carpette in Piarco on Wednesday and he tell meh dat he didn't know about dis tournament until last minute and he didn't even know dey was playing fuh ah trophy. He say de Jamaican coach tell him dat dey was preparing fuh dese games for about three months.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2006, 10:13:06 AM »
Ah bounce up Carpette in Piarco on Wednesday and he tell meh dat he didn't know about dis tournament until last minute and he didn't even know dey was playing fuh ah trophy. He say de Jamaican coach tell him dat dey was preparing fuh dese games for about three months.

How could the Jamaica team be preparing for the all stars game for 3 months when the squad was selected only after the schoolboy footbal finalists were known the previous week? 

Better luck to your boyz next year...and perhaps the games will be staged in Jamaica for a change.

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2006, 10:41:06 AM »
Listen, until things change, truth is truth. 
T&T players are first class winners on all levels when it comes to getting second place.
Jamaicans have a much harder life (which is why they are all over the world  :rotfl:), so anything to get out, and they taking it seriously.  T&T people happy so they not taking it as seriously as they should... except for about 6 months before world cup as usual.  ::)

Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2006, 10:48:09 AM »
T&T people happy so they not taking it as seriously as they should... except for about 6 months before world cup as usual.  ::)

Thats the excuse of losers...no disrespect. I doubt very much if there is much deifference in the qaulity of living between footballers in Jamaica and those in Trinidad.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2006, 11:28:31 AM »

How could the Jamaica team be preparing for the all stars game for 3 months when the squad was selected only after the schoolboy footbal finalists were known the previous week? 

Better luck to your boyz next year...and perhaps the games will be staged in Jamaica for a change.

it was held there last year
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2006, 04:08:12 PM »
T&T people happy so they not taking it as seriously as they should... except for about 6 months before world cup as usual.  ::)

Thats the excuse of losers...no disrespect. I doubt very much if there is much deifference in the qaulity of living between footballers in Jamaica and those in Trinidad.

I'm not making any excuses.  T&T players (on every level) continue to lose because of the laissez-faire approach to everything... always a last minute - a minute ago - approach.

As far as living conditions are concerned, there is plenty difference between T&T and Jamaica - on the local player level, and I think that it drives the Jamaican players to perform down to the final whistle.  Additionally there is a level of national pride in Jamaicans that you don't find as easily inTrinis.  Previous to this World Cup T&T players would give up half way through a game - something that we saw glimses of in the first Bahrain game.  This is something that you never see Jamaica do - even when they were down by 5 against England, for example.

I think that at the current rate, if football is not taken seriously Jamaica will be in World Cup 2010, and T&T will be in ... T&T.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2006, 11:10:46 PM »

I'm not making any excuses.  T&T players (on every level) continue to lose because of the laissez-faire approach to everything... always a last minute - a minute ago - approach.

As far as living conditions are concerned, there is plenty difference between T&T and Jamaica - on the local player level, and I think that it drives the Jamaican players to perform down to the final whistle.  Additionally there is a level of national pride in Jamaicans that you don't find as easily inTrinis.  Previous to this World Cup T&T players would give up half way through a game - something that we saw glimses of in the first Bahrain game.  This is something that you never see Jamaica do - even when they were down by 5 against England, for example.

I think that at the current rate, if football is not taken seriously Jamaica will be in World Cup 2010, and T&T will be in ... T&T.
This is so much dotishness it eh funny. Sometimes allyuh does make me wonder.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2007, 11:26:28 AM »

This is so much dotishness it eh funny. Sometimes allyuh does make me wonder.

Objectively explain.

Offline Tillamawnin

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2007, 08:05:32 PM »
so pick ah team that should have been there nah.........dere was a screening and d best players from the screening got pick.......but the question is does d best players get pick from a screening??........the answer is NO!!!!!.....so maybe dais why d team was that way....dey didnt select the best players in the tournament from the league.....they selected the best players from screening

an article stated  stated  players interested call so and so and show up  ..plus  the JA under 20 coach the JA team
Man, you guys are such sore losers. Jamaica was invited to bring a team to play the best of your schoolboy football. We brought a team and we can only play whatever team you put in front of us to play. It is surprising that no one was complaining about your team not being the strongest before the game. It is just after losing you can now find the excuse that this was not an all star T&T schoolboy team. Whose fault is that?

Moreover, what if Jamaica had national players in their team?  The last time I checked our national players were also schoolboys and therefore qualified to be selected to the Jamaica All Star team. :loser:
There is nothing better than adversity. Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance the next time.

Malcolm X

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2007, 08:32:13 PM »
so pick ah team that should have been there nah.........dere was a screening and d best players from the screening got pick.......but the question is does d best players get pick from a screening??........the answer is NO!!!!!.....so maybe dais why d team was that way....dey didnt select the best players in the tournament from the league.....they selected the best players from screening

an article stated  stated  players interested call so and so and show up  ..plus  the JA under 20 coach the JA team
Man, you guys are such sore losers. Jamaica was invited to bring a team to play the best of your schoolboy football. We brought a team and we can only play whatever team you put in front of us to play. It is surprising that no one was complaining about your team not being the strongest before the game. It is just after losing you can now find the excuse that this was not an all star T&T schoolboy team. Whose fault is that?

Moreover, what if Jamaica had national players in their team?  The last time I checked our national players were also schoolboys and therefore qualified to be selected to the Jamaica All Star team. :loser:

who is a sore lose ryuh think i am stressing this game serious ltake your win
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

1]; } ?>