June 23, 2024, 01:13:10 PM

Author Topic: Panesar Magic As I Predicted....  (Read 3517 times)

TrinInfinite

Panesar Magic As I Predicted....
« on: May 19, 2007, 09:28:32 AM »
Like I predicted before the tests, Panesar would do well, as the report stated for this season the english county cricket wickets were flat and had alot of runs scored on them, very conducive to spin bowlers.

Like I predicted in an earlier post, since west indies are batting 2nd, they will face monty's spin on the 3rd day, all pitches deteriorate on the 3rd day for spin, especially with the wickets how they have been all season. Just as I predicted panesar would get a big wicket haul, hes headin for 5 wickets.

WHAT THE HELL THE SELECTORS AND COACH MOORE TALKING ABOUT, I AM MORE KNOWLEDGABLE THAN MOORE AND THE SELCTORS COMBINED. I COULD SELECT A BETTER TEAM THAN THESE IDIOTS.

Nuff said, I ent want any man tuh say I does boast and that bullshit but I have been right 95% of the time, so I dont need to say no more about the bias nature of the selectors, their excuses of not having a spinner in the side at all times and keeping back our cricket, just as King and now Moore is doing, sabotage, need I say more.

How come the english selectors and everyone else have the sense to choose a spinner but the west indies don't? They simply just don't want the spinner to outshine the pacemen, thats the selectors problem...They don't want a spinner to displace who they want to see on the team..

God is de BOSS...

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Panesar Magic As I Predicted....
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 12:16:07 PM »
In general, any decent spinner will do well vs the Non-Trinis and Guyanese. 

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 07:02:40 PM »
Dred, anyone could have predicted Penasar would do well... he's a quaility spinner bowling against a poor team.

plain and simple.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 08:16:19 PM »
Quality Spinner at de Test Level is not playing in what his 14th Test?

http://www.cricketarchive.co.uk/Archive/Players/10/10641/t_Bowling_by_Season.html

I say decent and I will judge him over time when he plays some more against Pakistan, India and Sri Lanka.  Dat will determine his "Quality."

TrinInfinite

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 10:28:32 PM »
Dred, anyone could have predicted Penasar would do well... he's a quaility spinner bowling against a poor team.

plain and simple.

quality whey? schupsss, panesar hasnt even mastered turning the ball both ways, but hes quality? ??? mohammed has more deliveries than panesar... so what u call mohammed? plus mohammed could turn the ball both ways, i watched the test 2day, they had 3 fielders and de keeper around the batsmen when panesar was bowling, if u watch de regionals you would see when a guy like mohammed has that kind of support, how well he bowls, de more aggresive de field, the better you get 2 see mohammed and how quality he is..

God is de BOSS....

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2007, 10:55:35 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/tms/2007/05/panesar_shines_after_hoggard_b.shtml

See Talking Point.  Those lbw wickets were gifts by the umpire or not?  Lemme hear from allyuh.  We already had ah blatant lbw turned down against Taylor...a few drop catches...next thing yuh know man score century.  The umpires need to be more consistent.  I not interested in watershed or landmark moments in modern umpiring.  Let the players play.  Ah doh want to even hear de umpire name in any match description involving controversy.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 12:19:03 PM by Savannah boy »

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 12:24:58 PM »
Yuh cyah turn round and call Mohammed quality when he played less Tests and first class cricket than Panesar.  I jes have a problem with the word quality when men jes cutting dey teeth at Test level.  I ok with words like talented and a man having real potential but let we ease up with quality nah until dey gain more experience and a longer track record.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2007, 01:05:04 PM »
Pansear ent no great spinner. yes we all acknowledge that we needed a spinner in the team but if they had picked hinds u woulda get vex and start ah next why dey didnt pic mohammed thread.
mohammed is a decent enough spinner and sav boy rightly said he eh have neough test experience to eb called great. hopefully next series they pic him or hinds.

also as sav boy pointed out dem dubious...nah lemem doh suga coat it dem dotish decisions eh help de situation eh figures woulnda be that good if dem umpire and dem didnt make dem dotish calls.
WI bowlers balled eratic as far i as coulda tell and only had spurts of good spells and not alld e bowlers bowlled well in tandem.
i eh think d e batsmen as a team did badly at all. yes we lacking a spinner but dais still far fromd e biggest problem WI have
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline RRamdin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2007, 03:17:58 PM »
Firstly Panesar is a good bowler, his test record so far proves that. As he gets older he can only get better. Secondly Panesar is what you call a flight bowler, he depends more on variations in flight and speed rather than big turn; and anyway he can spin the ball the other way, I believe he did that to remove Collymore today. Thirdly, although I am not entirely convinced by Mohammeds credentials as an international class spinner I believe we wrong not to select any kind of spinner as it is very very obvious that our bowling attack lacks variety. As the most successful spinner in first-class cricket he should have been picked. And finally, i have watched all of the cricket so far and let me tell you when panesar took his wickets the pitch was not in any way highly condusive to spin bowling. It was a combination of good bowling and poor west indian batting. All 5 of the lbw's the batsmen did not get forward enough. plain and simple. The pitch was becoming more condusive to spin today when Gayle was bowling and no doubt will be good for it tomorrow.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2007, 05:48:40 AM »

plain and simple.

quality whey? schupsss, panesar hasnt even mastered turning the ball both ways, but hes quality? ??? mohammed has more deliveries than panesar... so what u call mohammed? plus mohammed could turn the ball both ways, i watched the test 2day, they had 3 fielders and de keeper around the batsmen when panesar was bowling, if u watch de regionals you would see when a guy like mohammed has that kind of support, how well he bowls, de more aggresive de field, the better you get 2 see mohammed and how quality he is..

God is de BOSS....

stewps. Honestly... I dont even have time to deal with you... just go on circinfo and compare dey stats yuh big idiot.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline RRamdin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2007, 11:25:21 AM »

plain and simple.

God is de BOSS....

stewps. Honestly... I dont even have time to deal with you... just go on circinfo and compare dey stats yuh big idiot.

Well said.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2007, 01:07:52 PM »
Monty famous for the arm ball which comes straight or it can sometimes change directions because it is supposed to land on the seam of the ball.  Our batsmen need to catch up.  If Monty arm ball bothering us so and not too long ago Shane Warne's Flipper used to give us problems, we have to improve our technique.  These are not new deliveries.  Lara's feast on great spinners protected us in the past from the Doosra and all these spin variations.  I am very interested to see how we handle them East Asians now.  Bravo seems to be using his feet and attacking spin like Lara used to.  Dat's a good sign.  I have questions about Ganga's 1st innings dismissal.  Umpire Rauf looking to making history with all those lbw calls.  5 in an innings is a bit much and is something that has happened so scantly in both first class and Test cricket.  It is indeed a very, very rare occurrence.  Is our technique bad or is umpire Rauf playing the ass?  It could be both.  Is this the reason so many spinners take so many wickets in our domestic cricket.

Offline Remie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2007, 02:31:07 PM »
What happened was that Ganga, Sarwan, Morton, Collymore all played for turn that just wasnt there for the lbws and Devon Smith the same for the bowled. The good thing is that it can be easily corrected by just using the bat and not padding up to straight balls! I dont expect to see these guys getting dismissed the same way again, and hopefully they will learn. Maybe they listened to all the hype about Panesar and thought he would have turned more. But the good thing is we have got a draw and in the next games they should be clued up.

Panesar cannot spin the ball both ways. The balls for the lbws for right handers were just arm balls as Savannah Boy said and just went on with the arm, they didnt spin. But they were all lbw.

When the tv appeals system comes in (which will be experimented in the 20/20 World Cup in October i believe) a lot more of these lbw shouts will be given out. A lot of batsmen have got away with murder over the years.

Dont kill me, but i have seen Chris Gayle have a number of lbws turned down against left handers like Graham Thorpe when they were plumb when he goes around the wicket, left handers play for the turn- there is none, and are hit in line. I feel the umpires just feel its easier to give West Indians out than to give a traditional white mans country batsmen out- and i am no racist- i just telling the truth. But Rauf was still correct to give Panesar those 5 lbws.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 03:00:20 PM by Remie »

Offline RRamdin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2007, 03:59:45 PM »
I'm still sure i saw the ball turn the other way for collymore's dismissal. Maybe it was fluke but I'm sure thats what happened.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2007, 04:07:12 PM »
I'm still sure i saw the ball turn the other way for collymore's dismissal. Maybe it was fluke but I'm sure thats what happened.

check what savannah write - if the ball landing on the seam, it could explain what you saw.

Offline RRamdin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2007, 04:07:20 PM »
Also to answer Remies point, I still dont like to use these "conspiracy theories" as an excuse for our defeats over the years. Last year I seem to remember Rudi Koertzen turned down appeal after appeal from England against...I think it was Sri Lanka. Or maybe the umpires are just biased against us or maybe that rudi koertzen is a shit umpire...or both.

And to Savannah boys point u r right, it was poor technique of playing spin bowling that cost us those 5 lbws.

Offline Remie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2007, 01:25:18 AM »
Also to answer Remies point, I still dont like to use these "conspiracy theories" as an excuse for our defeats over the years. Last year I seem to remember Rudi Koertzen turned down appeal after appeal from England against...I think it was Sri Lanka. Or maybe the umpires are just biased against us or maybe that rudi koertzen is a shit umpire...or both.

And to Savannah boys point u r right, it was poor technique of playing spin bowling that cost us those 5 lbws.

Its not an excuse for our defeats. We have been a poor team for the last 10 years yes. But i call a spade a spade. If i see something unjust happening i will say it. It is naive to think that all umpires find it the same to give a West Indian out than an Australian or English. It is far easier to give a West Indian out than an Australian or English because of all the media and high power figures from these countries in the ICC. These umpires want to stay in the elite panel so any favour of decisions on the whole will go to the Australians and English when West Indies are playing them. There may be the odd decision that doesnt follow this theory but on the whole i believe its true. Im not talking about Asian countries versus them, im talking about West Indies versus them.

Hopefully when the tv appeals come into play West Indies will be intelligent enough to use these properly and then we will not have to worry about any umpiring biases. I know that over the last 5 years when West Indies play a traditional white mans country i always hope that Aleem Dar and Simon Taufel are the umpires because they are the only 2 who call it straight down the line with hardly any bias. All the other umpires are shit and bias for and against certain teams because they are not good enough to make correct calls.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 04:51:09 AM by Remie »

TrinInfinite

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2007, 08:08:23 AM »

Its not an excuse for our defeats. We have been a poor team for the last 10 years yes. But i call a spade a spade. If i see something unjust happening i will say it. It is naive to think that all umpires find it the same to give a West Indian out than an Australian or English. It is far easier to give a West Indian out than an Australian or English because of all the media and high power figures from these countries in the ICC. These umpires want to stay in the elite panel so any favour of decisions on the whole will go to the Australians and English when West Indies are playing them. There may be the odd decision that doesnt follow this theory but on the whole i believe its true. Im not talking about Asian countries versus them, im talking about West Indies versus them.

Hopefully when the tv appeals come into play West Indies will be intelligent enough to use these properly and then we will not have to worry about any umpiring biases. I know that over the last 5 years when West Indies play a traditional white mans country i always hope that Aleem Dar and Simon Taufel are the umpires because they are the only 2 who call it straight down the line with hardly any bias. All the other umpires are shit and bias for and against certain teams because they are not good enough to make correct calls.

taufel and bowden..... dar has given some horrendous decisions b4 breds, i cant support him atall after seeing many times he has robbed the west indies.. bowden is a little more just, but we need more umpires like taufel...

God is de BOSS...

Offline Remie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2007, 08:50:30 AM »

taufel and bowden..... dar has given some horrendous decisions b4 breds, i cant support him atall after seeing many times he has robbed the west indies.. bowden is a little more just, but we need more umpires like taufel...

God is de BOSS...

When Dar first started he was really good, but yes in recent times he has made a few shockers but he still gives the decisions based on what he sees on the pitch rather than reputations and countries. And therefore if an umpire goes on that basis i can accept it when he gives a bad decision like the Tait-Chanderpaul decision. It was wrong but umpires make mistakes. As long as they have good intentions i can accept them.

I dont trust Bowden at all. Next time he does a West Indies versus Australia, South Africa or England take a closer look at Bowden's decisions. He acts like hes friendly and a joker to all the players but every decision thats close he would give in favour of Australia, South Africa and England. If we are playing Pakistan or another Asian country then we would get more equal decisions. But its not just Bowden. Its Koertzen, Harper, Benson, Jerling, previously Sheperd and even some Asian umpires like Rauf getting in on the act to improve their status in the panel.

I cannot wait for the tv appeals system to come in and stop this trend.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 08:52:13 AM by Remie »

1]; } ?>