June 22, 2024, 04:34:47 AM

Author Topic: Who is the fastest footballer in the Premier League - Ronaldo, Lennon or Jones?  (Read 7787 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
i feel based on the criteria used to judge speed, Kaka woulda leave out everybody on this list..

I remember going to the game between brazil and argentina at the emirates.. and watch kaka pick up that ball by his 18 and carry messi for a run all the way to the argentina 18 then score..

he deceptively fast and dont look it when he running..

Nah he's look it too.....Especially live & in person...man iz gallop like a gazelle.

Eto'o look like he have some toes too...

They should match them up against the EPL's fastest and see where they come in.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
I'm of the belief that those who don't know...or wanna act like they do, always run to stats. Johnson supposedly faster than Defoe...so what...Defoe might be better over a certain distance...and thaz not factorin him turnin a defender or anything. Who really cares at the end of the day??? Zidane was slow, Del Piero slow, Yorke slow, Messi fast, Ronaldo fast, etc etc. They all top class players to those who know football.
You could be fast with no control or ability so dash way who quick or slow or any of that. Next will b who share d most beat in 90 minutes or some other nonsense, I c yesterday Fabregas leadin in assists and thing...wha would be the case if he was sendin all dem ball to Heskey and Alibey in front dey.
Think about it...bless
It's only kinky the 1st time

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
My question is over what distance?

it makes a big difference if this is measured over 10 yards or 40 yards.

over a short distance people with a long stide may have an advantage.

Yuh post compound tata dey KND
Agreed! Generally speaking fellas with a short stride will have an advantage over the shorter (say 10 yds) distance.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
That list is weird, there are too many names that are missing that should be there!!

firstly, Aaron Lennon should be higher up!

Where are Martins, Agbonlahor, Walcott?  Somehow, if Martins and Johnson going for a ball, i cannot see Johnson beating him to it!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
I have to agree wth Andre there no way Walcott , martins and Lennon won't be higher up in that list KJ speed is deceptive because he's a big powerful lad  but he isnt what you would call explosive I remember when he was playing for connection and meh boy tell meh he watch a game where Cornell pick up one against from about just inside the opposing half and smoke past him..... but then again that was a few years back an Cornell hadn't injured himself yet.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 03:25:21 PM by Ngozi »

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
i remember reading that Clichy and Cole were the fastest at Arsenal when Henry was there. So dem two must be dam quick
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Palos is right, shorter people have the quicker burst of speed... look at the 1996 100m finals...(mens)

When I ran indoors here, most of the best D1 sprinters were not the tallest but those who could explode the quickest... ;D
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 06:29:15 PM by forever trini »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Palos is right, shorter people have the quicker burst of speed... look at the 1996 100m finals...(mens)

When I ran indoors here, most of the best D1 sprinters were not the tallest but those who could explode the quickest... ;

Yeah forever Trini.....but what you're saying there is opposite to what KND said....read it again and see

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
yeah...but who is the fastest coach in de EPL..
Keane? Southgate?
Can pure bad mind will Fergie past Wenger. Would Rafa Benitez show up..or would he acually try to rotate himself out of an individual event  ???

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

When I ran indoors here, most of the best D1 sprinters were not the tallest but those who could explode the quickest... ;

Yeah forever Trini.....but what you're saying there is opposite to what KND said....read it again and see

Yeah I see,

Kicker- with due respect I do not agree with that list of players. I find that that grease face boy is not that fast, and I am a Man U fan, and if Avery was playing that cross over he always doing would have ended him up in the Hospital.

I find that list is all about publicity... and omits some very fast players in the premiership. I remember a few years ago, there was a discussion of the new striker like Drogba, and how powerful and quick he was to the ball, and now, where is his name??? And Andy Johnson, please, you could have added Crouch to that list because Andy will be there and you are guaranteed for a spectacular miss.... If they were fast then Overmars, Shearer, Cole, Wright, Phillips, Speed, Giggs and Henry should have been in the Olympics...

the phenom would own all ah dem in my opinion in his barca days... I also agree that Kaka is fast.

just my 2 cents...
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 09:17:21 PM by forever trini »

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
yeah...but who is the fastest coach in de EPL..
Keane? Southgate?
Can pure bad mind will Fergie past Wenger. Would Rafa Benitez show up..or would he acually try to rotate himself out of an individual event  ???

Any coach from Newcastle, because dey so desperate to win something and anything  :rotfl:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Yeah I see,

Kicker- with due respect I do not agree with that list of players. I find that that grease face boy is not that fast, and I am a Man U fan, and if Avery was playing that cross over he always doing would have ended him up in the Hospital.

Hoss my bad, I just realized that I totally mis-read your post...didn't notice you were agreeing with Palos that KND was talkin' tata.... :beermug:

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Its all one love bredda  ;D

Ah waiting till Glenn start on dem case... ;D and birchall loose de belly!

giggsy11

Who cares whois the fastest? Isn't it more important what they can do with the ball versus being able to run fast? F^ck SWP is fast but he cah control the ball when he is running fast and ends up running it out of bounds!

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
If they were fast then Overmars, Shearer, Cole, Wright, Phillips, Speed, Giggs and Henry should have been in the Olympics...

I read (back in the days when Giggs first break into the ManU team at 17/18) that he actually ran 10.1 in the hundred and was supposed to represent the UK in the Olympics..but like many other youngsters he was forced to make a career choice.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Who cares whois the fastest? Isn't it more important what they can do with the ball versus being able to run fast? F^ck SWP is fast but he cah control the ball when he is running fast and ends up running it out of bounds!

giggsy..u taking this a lil too seriously

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
So they clock Ronaldo one time going quickly to the ball, how's does that measure up to anyone else? maybe that day he went faster than usual, maybe the day they clock the other guys they weren't on point. There are to many factors to control for. Look at Germany vs Portugal in the WC see how many time ROnaldo ran past a defender. Even better look at Portugal vs Italy last Friendly, where was that speed when they was getting spanked?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
If they were fast then Overmars, Shearer, Cole, Wright, Phillips, Speed, Giggs and Henry should have been in the Olympics...

I read (back in the days when Giggs first break into the ManU team at 17/18) that he actually ran 10.1 in the hundred and was supposed to represent the UK in the Olympics..but like many other youngsters he was forced to make a career choice.

I'm glad he did and in 1999 he run through Assanal in 10.9 (j/K) in de FA cup and scored ah beauty, but that fact was ah good one Spidey and it ain't surprise me...  ;D

1]; } ?>