June 22, 2024, 07:58:52 PM

Author Topic: Franklyn Simpson (Grenada's Coach is Trini?)  (Read 5074 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Franklyn Simpson (Grenada's Coach is Trini?)
« on: November 29, 2010, 06:08:53 PM »
jai john just say the man from barataria, its funny that we have coaches outside tt can coach a team to beating us or do well with other international sides, while we get the remnants of coaches but have the most talent.

seems as though its been pre-arranged that they keep tt down bc men getting big cuts
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 05:23:29 PM by Controversial »

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Franklyn Simpson (Greneda's Coach is Trini?)
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 06:21:55 PM »
jai john just say the man from barataria, its funny that we have coaches outside tt can coach a team to beating us or do well with other international sides, while we get the remnants of coaches but have the most talent.

seems as though its be pre-arranged that they keep tt down bc men getting big cuts

Coops know him too ...everybody in barataria from de old days know him as nath ...forgive de spelling ... long time now he associated with the grenada team . We have real ties with grenada you know ...Keith Fletcher represented T&t at youth level with latapy and shaka ...and dwight etc... and later played for Grenada senior team ...scored the winner fir Grenada vs T&T in an encounter between the teams.
I played some ball with him too ...in barataria ...  glad for de man ...even though he make we look bad . I now know how Argentinians must have felt when Chile beat them in qualifying with Bielsa as coach for Chile...but it happens and we go have to live with it.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 06:28:00 PM »

seems as though its be pre-arranged that they keep tt down bc men getting big cuts

Coops know him too ...everybody in barataria from de old days know him as nath ...forgive de spelling ... long time now he associated with the grenada team . We have real ties with grenada you know ...Keith Fletcher represented T&t at youth level with latapy and shaka ...and dwight etc... and later played for Grenada senior team ...scored the winner fir Grenada vs T&T in an encounter between the teams.
I played some ball with him too ...in barataria ...  glad for de man ...even though he make we look bad . I now know how Argentinians must have felt when Chile beat them in qualifying with Bielsa as coach for Chile...but it happens and we go have to live with it.

yes it does breds, argentina felt it when it happened  :D

happy he is doing well, the way posters speak on this board, you would swear there are no good tt coaches anywhere. which is a farce. sh being another coach who has done very well outside of tt.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 07:33:12 PM »
It seemz as though a coach does have a hell of a time trying to get a Trinbago National team to play as a team , indivdual skills they have but when its time  to play as a team it do not click , anytime we could get that right then  we will be ready . and then we will have to deal with jack because he might blacklist the team again . 
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 07:37:14 PM »
That no surprise, i sure this fella have grenadian roots which would not make it so bad for him, hek half of trinidad have grenadian roots.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 10:40:26 PM »
That no surprise, i sure this fella have grenadian roots which would not make it so bad for him, hek half of trinidad have grenadian roots.

:D eh doh leave out my great grandmother nation of vincy bro  8)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 03:16:52 AM »
Is this Franklyn Simpson aka Nat who use to play for Peterboro and then went to play with Paragon for a little while? Coops????

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 07:09:44 AM »
Is this Franklyn Simpson aka Nat who use to play for Peterboro and then went to play with Paragon for a little while? Coops????
       Yes,He also coached Peterboro later on with Chicken as their manager,he was a good friend of mine always giving each other chat.
        The last time i met him was when i went to Grenada some years ago as Coach with our national team to play in the Shell Cup,i was surprise to see he was living there and involved in Football big time.The tough part was we were beaten only for the Strike squad to reverse that in the finals and give us the first ever Shell Cup. From that time i look at these island teams differently,they have nothing to loose and they going to hurt you,when they beat teams like T&T is like they win the WC,nothing they do doh surprise me we does undersate those teams too much.     

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 10:03:41 AM »
       Yes,He also coached Peterboro later on with Chicken as their manager,he was a good friend of mine always giving each other chat.
        The last time i met him was when i went to Grenada some years ago as Coach with our national team to play in the Shell Cup,i was surprise to see he was living there and involved in Football big time.The tough part was we were beaten only for the Strike squad to reverse that in the finals and give us the first ever Shell Cup. From that time i look at these island teams differently,they have nothing to loose and they going to hurt you,when they beat teams like T&T is like they win the WC,nothing they do doh surprise me we does undersate those teams too much.     

Nat also coached and helped develop many of the top youths who played for Peterborough and John D (he was the assistant at JD for many years). He's a serious disciplinarian and sound technical and tactical teacher of the game.
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2010, 02:54:20 PM »
;D definitely all of Point Fortin.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2010, 04:42:55 PM »
I don't know if Nat has Grenadian parentage, but I think he is married to a Grenadian lady and has been living there quite a while now. He use to come to the US and do summer coaching clinics. Yes Nat is a die-hard ball jumbie. I know he a Kendall Tombs Walkes are real close. They use to play for D'Romans in the QPS also.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2010, 05:06:57 PM »
I don't know if Nat has Grenadian parentage, but I think he is married to a Grenadian lady and has been living there quite a while now. He use to come to the US and do summer coaching clinics. Yes Nat is a die-hard ball jumbie. I know he a Kendall Tombs Walkes are real close. They use to play for D'Romans in the QPS also.
         You are correct,that is the Nat we talking about,i used to be on those same Summer Soccer Camps with Kendall Walkes,that was my first exposure to coaching in the US,we had guys like Nat,Greyson,Carter etc just to name a few.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2010, 05:18:13 PM »
         You are correct,that is the Nat we talking about,i used to be on those same Summer Soccer Camps with Kendall Walkes,that was my first exposure to coaching in the US,we had guys like Nat,Greyson,Carter etc just to name a few.

too bad none of these individuals would never get to coach a national team for tt bc tt doesn't employ the best local coaches and has only ever once had 2 excellent foreign coaches.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2010, 05:20:34 PM »

too bad none of these individuals would never get to coach a national team for tt bc tt doesn't employ the best local coaches and has only ever once had 2 excellent foreign coaches.

At least spell the country's name correctly nah  ;D GRENADA!

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Franklyn Simpson (Grenada's Coach is Trini?)
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2010, 05:23:54 PM »

At least spell the country's name correctly nah  ;D GRENADA!

Big Up!

my bad dey breds, didnt even realize it :D

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2010, 05:30:40 PM »
Guys its clear we have quite a few local home grown T&T coaches who are way more qualified and experienced than Latapy, Nat just proved with Grenada that he is one of those!

Latas needs to go learn his trade and serve his apprenticeship with some club teams or lower age group national teams and WIN some titles before being given the responsibility of our senior national team as head coach. This job should only be given to a coach with a proven track record not novices like Latas in their first coaching job who are just embarking on learning their trade!

We must blame the TTFF for the crazy decision of offering Latas the job! We are not Argentina and don’t have their high quality of local players to help hide the deficiencies of a novice coach like Latas or Maradona!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2011, 03:17:04 PM »
Grenada just dumped their coach after their good showing in the Caribbean Cup (same thing happened last time, though the circumstances were slightly different as their manager was also a player in Anthony Modeste).  Mike Adams will be head coach, Phillip James is manager, not sure of the difference at national level.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2011, 07:21:41 PM »
Grenada just dumped their coach after their good showing in the Caribbean Cup (same thing happened last time, though the circumstances were slightly different as their manager was also a player in Anthony Modeste).  Mike Adams will be head coach, Phillip James is manager, not sure of the difference at national level.

I put the blame squarely on the shoulders of the PNM ...... I's ah trini ... ah trini !!  :rotfl:

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2011, 02:11:21 AM »

Yeah! and most of them doh have dey green card  :devil:
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2011, 02:13:47 AM »
Boy.. yuh know some real ball men
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2011, 04:31:54 AM »

Read the history of trinidad and tobago by dr eric williams, and you'll see that the labor force was increased in the early eighteen hundreds BC there was ah shortage of laborers on the plantations.

there were only 10,000 slaves on the island so the governor of the colony appealed to the crown, and in return they added 40,000 to the labor force from grenada and st vincent which being the main contributors, guyana and gudelelope contributing 10,000 in total.

so in reality, all of us have grenadain and vincy blood in we vein whether we like it or not. :devil:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2011, 12:18:14 PM »
Boy.. yuh know some real ball men

I know Tombs from youth football days in TT. He used to coach meh son in Pennsylvania. We go back a good while.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2011, 12:20:14 PM »

Read the history of trinidad and tobago by dr eric williams, and you'll see that the labor force was increased in the early eighteen hundreds BC there was ah shortage of laborers on the plantations.

there were only 10,000 slaves on the island so the governor of the colony appealed to the crown, and in return they added 40,000 to the labor force from grenada and st vincent which being the main contributors, guyana and gudelelope contributing 10,000 in total.

so in reality, all of us have grenadain and vincy blood in we vein whether we like it or not. :devil:
Don't forget Looshans, Bajans, Guyanese and Dominicans(the french ones).

1]; } ?>