June 28, 2024, 12:00:44 AM

Author Topic: Warrior Nation on Fans United show on ITV  (Read 4036 times)

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
Warrior Nation on Fans United show on ITV
« on: May 21, 2006, 11:01:25 AM »
Ok, I've contacted the production company that produced the show, asking if the clip with TT and Truetrini and FLi could be placed online for us or something.

Of course they said no, that they're trying to sell the entire series to TV stations across the world. So I guess you guys in the US and Canada may have to wait to see if any of your local channels pick up the series.

But on the up side, ITV2 is currently doing a re-run of the series, so they're about a month behind ITV1. So the lady said the episode with TT, episode #9, will be on in about 4 weeks. So those of you in the UK, watch out for that - ITV2 Wed nights around 11:30 or midnight.
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline sin

• wordspinner
  • Sr. Warrior
  • red GIRL from sando, kairi
    • View Profile
Re: Warrior Nation on Fans United show on ITV
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 11:05:28 AM »
I've got a contact or two at ITV; will see if I can get an 'unofficial' copy...
-be the change you wish to see-

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 11:06:54 AM »
Soca Pro was sent a copy of the programme from ITV on dvd. I have to get a copy from him and then I guess I can upload it and post the link on the forum. I didn't even get a chance to see it cuz I had a 9am exam the next morning and it showed at 11:30pm after the Chelsea v Barca final.

But I'll be checking ITV2 in thex next few weeks and I might DVR it  ;)
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 11:31:10 AM »
Soca Pro was sent a copy of the programme from ITV on dvd. I have to get a copy from him and then I guess I can upload it and post the link on the forum. I didn't even get a chance to see it cuz I had a 9am exam the next morning and it showed at 11:30pm after the Chelsea v Barca final.

But I'll be checking ITV2 in thex next few weeks and I might DVR it  ;)

Yes FLi, I have a copy of the DVD in my hands now. I will arrange to get some copies burnt within the next few days (don't have a DVD burner myself) and can post off one to you for you to upload. Alternatively you can come down to the Base Bar to collect it this coming Thursday when I'll be showing it before 10:30pm to those who come down early for the weekly lime. Note there is now Carib in the bar and Roti/BBQ in the kitchen courtesy of a Trini chef.

For those who are based in the UK/London who are not making it to one or any of the T&T games in Germany, I have arranged for ITV and possibly BBC as well to be covering T&T supporters watching the games live at the Base Bar on Saturday 10th June for T&T vs Sweden; Thursday 15th June for T&T vs England and will confirm soon if they also wish to come down to catch T&T fans watching the game live for T&T vs Paraguay.

The Warrior Nation will be large and in charge!

Now allyuh watch de World Cup ride!  ;D

P.S. FLi I hope you will let me have a copy of yuh trip to Germany after yuh become a Warrior Nation superstar and doh just brush me aside eh!!  ;)

« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 11:34:29 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline sin

• wordspinner
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2006, 11:33:52 AM »

Yes FLi, I have a copy of the DVD in my hands now. I will arrange to get some copies burnt within the next few days (don't have a DVD burner myself) and can post off one to you for you to upload. Alternatively you can come down to the Base Bar to collect it this coming Thursday when I'll be showing it before 10:30pm to those who come down early for the weekly lime. Note there is now Carib in the bar and Roti/BBQ in the kitchen courtesy of a Trini chef.

I have a DVD burner...

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2006, 11:34:15 AM »
Could you  put ah link here  fuh we tuh see?

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2006, 11:36:51 AM »

I have a DVD burner...

Sin if yuh in London we could link this evening self just call me on 07961 841 929 and we can arrange something! I think we should burn off at least 10-20 copies...I will contribute towards the cost of the blank DVDs!  8)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline sin

• wordspinner
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2006, 11:40:15 AM »
I have some DVD-Rs home; wouldn't mind contributing 10 or so to the WN cause. I hadda meet up some people in Angel this evening (8ish) so if you want you could bring the DVD and I'll burn them tonight and give you back the original this before Thursday.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2006, 11:50:40 AM »
I have some DVD-Rs home; wouldn't mind contributing 10 or so to the WN cause. I hadda meet up some people in Angel this evening (8ish) so if you want you could bring the DVD and I'll burn them tonight and give you back the original this before Thursday.

Okay that sound feasible! I have some soca liming plans for this evening. Will be travelling, tubing between South and north-west London so can try to link you in Angle but getting there for 8ish will be pushing it!

Call me anyway on my mobile digits 07961 841 929 and we can definitely arrange to meet.

I will definitely need original DVD and copies back by or before Thursday, the sooner the better. Thanks  :chilling:

Offline sin

• wordspinner
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2006, 12:16:49 PM »
Alright, am giving Socapro 5 copies. Just realised have used most of my others for 'backup' copies of certain hour-long US dramas (-west wing- -cough-). I'll have a copy on my computer anyway, so if any one the London based peoples want copies let me know and we could organise. No charge :)

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2006, 01:20:37 PM »
Alright, am giving Socapro 5 copies. Just realised have used most of my others for 'backup' copies of certain hour-long US dramas (-west wing- -cough-). I'll have a copy on my computer anyway, so if any one the London based peoples want copies let me know and we could organise. No charge :)
;D :angel: ;D

Offline sin

• wordspinner
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2006, 03:22:44 AM »
Ok, got the DVD from pro. Whole program is about 53 mins long, the clip on the Warriors about 14-15 minutes. They real focus on them PoisonUK girls boy  ;)

All in all was decent. Burnt a couple of DVDs for pro, but realise since that taking real long and everybody here have access to a computer VCDs might make more sense. So anybody UK-based who want a CD with the thing (either as a VCD or as an AVI file) just PM me with your mailing address and I will hook you up this week. Even better, if you know you coming to the Wales match Saturday let me know and I will bring enough copies then.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2006, 10:40:46 AM »
Ok, got the DVD from pro. Whole program is about 53 mins long, the clip on the Warriors about 14-15 minutes. They real focus on them PoisonUK girls boy  ;)

All in all was decent. Burnt a couple of DVDs for pro, but realise since that taking real long and everybody here have access to a computer VCDs might make more sense. So anybody UK-based who want a CD with the thing (either as a VCD or as an AVI file) just PM me with your mailing address and I will hook you up this week. Even better, if you know you coming to the Wales match Saturday let me know and I will bring enough copies then.

Can you upload the AVI for the rest of us? PM me if you need a place to upload to.

Offline FLi !

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2006, 03:09:04 PM »
Some stills I captured from the segment that comprised an interview with TT. My job was to smile and try not to crack up at his sh%^t talk.  :devil:

Really TT ?? lol

You want ME  to verify that ?

Maybe if I close my eyes, and I can't see anyone, no one can see me, Ostrich Concept  :D

sin would probably upload the actual footage a little later, it's less than 10 minutes on tnt though.  :thumbsup: Check out the Port Vale fans in the back.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 03:14:20 PM by FLi ! »

Offline sin

• wordspinner
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2006, 03:27:07 PM »
Yes yes, will edit it down to just the T&T part and will organise with eman to link my fellow forumites.

truetrini

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2006, 03:34:39 PM »
FL! why yuh so damn bad mind? :devil:

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2006, 04:08:47 PM »
 >:( Did you hear the misinformation by the show commentator about Chris being the one to score the goal to put T&T into the World Cup finals? I am sure I tried to correct them about that when they interviewed me at the Base Bar!

>:( Also the other misinformation being quoted by everyone about Chris being the 1st white player for T&T in 60's years?!

He could be the 1st one to score for us in a national jersey for 60's years but he is definitely not the 1st to play for us since then!

Tallman can you help?!

Its the duty of us Warrior Nation members to inform & educate, isn't it?!  ???

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2006, 04:14:01 PM »
Yes yes, will edit it down to just the T&T part and will organise with eman to link my fellow forumites.

Also try to feature the part featuring the English fans unveiling their BIG fag if you can. It made me wonder if our T&T BIG flag is of comparable size!

If so that will be a BIG deflator for the English fans during the T&T vs England game after all their efforts to bring out what they are hoping is the biggest flag for fans to display in Germany!  :devil:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 04:16:42 PM by Socapro »

Offline FLi !

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2006, 06:22:19 PM »

It was Birchall who said that thing about being the 1st white player in 60 years, so I really don't think you can blame the programme for that.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2006, 06:26:41 PM »

It was Birchall who said that thing about being the 1st white player in 60 years, so I really don't think you can blame the programme for that.

The commentator also said the same but I get your point! Chris & the various football commentators are only repeating what they've heard from what they believe are knowledgeable sources of information on T&T football! 
Btw what you doing up so late?!  ???

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2006, 06:30:46 PM »

Btw TT, what did you mean that we are going to party in Germany like its 1999!?
What's the significance of 1999 in relation to Trinis wanting to party more than at any other time?!

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2006, 12:55:35 AM »

Btw TT, what did you mean that we are going to party in Germany like its 1999!?
What's the significance of 1999 in relation to Trinis wanting to party more than at any other time?!

socapro, i think truetrini was making a play on that song "1999" by that artist who has no name (is it wanker?  :D )

oh, and about that England flag, i think it's waaaaaaay bigger. According to that show their flag is 100' x 60' whereas ours is 60' x 30'  >:(
Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

Offline FLi !

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2006, 05:13:23 AM »
The England Flag is Definitely the biggest in the World right now!

A colossal effort

Rippling in the wind

flag in perspective

« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 07:41:38 AM by FLi ! »

Offline sin

• wordspinner
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2006, 07:17:39 AM »
Peoples, the AVI rip kinda 'crackly', but other than that the quality okay.

1]; } ?>