June 24, 2024, 06:11:14 AM

Poll

What formation do you think TRI should go with vs PAN.

4-4-2
21 (58.3%)
3-5-2
9 (25%)
4-3-3
3 (8.3%)
4-5-1
3 (8.3%)
Other.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: T&T vs Panama Thread.  (Read 36153 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
T&T vs Panama Thread.
« on: June 03, 2005, 04:19:55 AM »
As usual, any updates/scores on the game vs Panama will be posted here, this way, we can maintain the message board and not make it look to scrappy with un-necessary headlines and postings.

For the internet users, you can follow the game at these sites; SW Online, SW Online Live Chat, i955fm.com, fifaworldcup.com and Homeviewtnt.com to get live updates on the game.

Our die-hard locals posters such as Patriot, Andre, Cowen, Touches, Ironman and Triniwings (to name a few) will drop us a report or update as soon as time allows them to.

Panama Squad Name:

Goalkeepers:
Donaldo González (Maratón, Honduras), Jaime Penedo (Deportivo Árabe Unido).

Defenders:
Luis Moreno (Envigado, Colombia), José Mario Anthony Torres (Maratón, Honduras), Carlos Rivera (Deportivo Independiente Medellín, Colombia), Joel Jiménez (Plaza Amador), Joel Solanilla (Plaza Amador).

Midfielders:
Amilcar Henríquez (Deportivo Árabe Unido), Gustavo Avila (Deportivo Árabe Unido), Alberto Blanco (Alania, Rusia), Julio Medina III (Aguila, El Salvador), Gabriel Gómez (Tauro), Neftalí Díaz (Alianza), Ricardo Phillips (Tauro).

Forwards:
José Luis Garcés (San Francisco), Roberto Brown (San Francisco), Luis Tejada (Envigado, Colombia), Blas Pérez (Deportivo Cali, Colombia).

Probable Line-Up For Panama, 4-4-2.

D.Gonzalez (G), L.Moreno (D), J.Solanilla (D), J.Torres (D), C.Rivera (D), A.Blanco (M), G.Gómez (M), J.Medina III (M), R.Phillips (M), R.Brown (F), L.Tejada (F).

The Trinidad & Tobago final 18-man squad will be released later today:

Current Standings.

Good Luck Trinidad & Tobago Warriors.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2005, 07:30:02 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: T&T vs Panama Thread.
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 06:11:59 AM »
Hope for the best - Prepare for the worst.  All de best TNT!!!!!!! ah flying meh colours up here in de blasted cold!!!!!!!!  a win will change my disposition.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2005, 06:44:36 AM »
Big Up T&T !!!! Good Luck !!!!

3-5-2 vs Panama. we need to win this game fellas.

Ince                             

Charles                   Andrews                   Avery

Edwards       Birchall                 Whitley             Tiger

Yorke                               

John                  Jones                 

If we loosing, subs to follow.

Glasgow for Tiger.
Theobald for Whitley.
Sam for John.

We dont have to much fire power off the bench, Dwarika or Eve would have been ideal.

If we winning, subs to follow. 4-5-1 or 5-4-1.

Lawrence for Whitley, with Tallman dropping in defence.
Rojas for Birchall, moving Tiger as a defence midfielder with Rojas on the left wing back.
Rahim for John, leaving Yorke up front alone, Jones and Rahim dropping in center midfield.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2005, 07:15:20 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2005, 07:15:28 AM »
I not trying to cause any ruction here...but this clicking in shit is drive me crazy when u want quick updates on a game...is like we going backward for immediate info.

If that's the case maybe we can go back to the old warriors forum just for the game updates to get a quick thing..

No offense Flex.

I for one hope to be listening to the game on the radio...I eh have time to click in and out like dis...and wast time to look and see what ppl. writ b4 me.

I will post my updates on another forum...that can be viewed qucker.

Again - no offense Flex...but when u looking for quick info...this clicking in and scanning is real pull stones.

And I understand ur need for not wanting to mess up de board.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2005, 07:28:54 AM »
Well you is a dam ass in true VB, how hard is it to click on this thread and see updates ?? like yuh trying to pull others on your forum in a smart way or what, well I go tell you what, post updates (me eh know where u will get it from) on yuh forum and entertain yuhself. Flex added 5 options to get updates from and a chance to use one thread, how hard is that ?? he cant put direct links to the games unless is fifaworldcup (as he did) because the others like i955 not 100% sure to bring it and homeviewtnt is a paid site... yuh cunny.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2005, 07:30:43 AM by Flex »

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2005, 07:29:40 AM »
VB, it sounds like you should be placed on suicide watch  ;D.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2005, 07:32:29 AM »
Sam I'm a cunny who can spell and remember.

Others were fed up during the last WC encounter for the same constant clicking and scanning...

It eh hard...just more tedious...u are entitled to ur opinion and me to mine.

The difference is I don't think u are mindless dribbling fool for differing with me.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2005, 07:37:06 AM »
That is not an opinion !!!??!!! yuh was whining like a whore..

Who gives a f**k if you cant spell... me to..

PS: I hope I remember if that is de way yuh does spell whore.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2005, 07:58:29 AM »
The socawarriors.net chat room is an option.  No clikcing but it have a maximum capacity so some people will get leave out.

If people posting here you doh really have to click when you reading the board if yuh want to see updates....Just press Ctrl + R to refresh the page.  I think the old board used to refresh itself periodically.....cah remember.

I will check the old board, this one and the chat room to see the postings.

Whatever you'll doing just say on this board a lil before the game.

I just hear again on I955fm that they broadcasting the game.
Stuart Charles Fervier, Edgar Vidale, Alvin Henderson, Ken Butcher supposed to be on the broadcast  which start at 6:15pm.

Roger Boynes also supposed to be there on Sunday to talk about the new sports complex....not sure what time.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2005, 08:09:03 AM by dcs »

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2005, 08:19:10 AM »
The socawarriors.net chat room is an option.  No clikcing but it have a maximum capacity so some people will get leave out.

is there a way to increase the chatroom capacity?  It full up quick for the last 2 matches

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2005, 10:05:41 AM »
Good point VB.. a good idea would be to have a temp link to the old boad where scores could be seen without having to click and go through messages. real 4king time.

I not trying to cause any ruction here...but this clicking in shit is drive me crazy when u want quick updates on a game...is like we going backward for immediate info.

If that's the case maybe we can go back to the old warriors forum just for the game updates to get a quick thing..

No offense Flex.

I for one hope to be listening to the game on the radio...I eh have time to click in and out like dis...and wast time to look and see what ppl. writ b4 me.

I will post my updates on another forum...that can be viewed qucker.

Again - no offense Flex...but when u looking for quick info...this clicking in and scanning is real pull stones.

And I understand ur need for not wanting to mess up de board.

Peace,
VB

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2005, 10:07:02 AM »
From Tv 6 last night

They show us the side training and they say Beenie was playing a first 11 vs the rest.

I am assuming the first 11 wearing bibs....I see Yorke, John and Jones,Birchall, Edwards, Anton Pierre, Lawrence, Andrews,Avery and Whitley.

I ent see who the next midfielder was but I did see Tiger running down Edwards without a bib. So maybe theobold or Sam might get the left sided spot. Given he try both of them out in the last set of games.

Anyway we will see come tomorrow.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2005, 10:17:57 AM »
but you call 10 players (besides Ince) there already so it can't be Theobald or Sam on the left
Maybe Whitely on the left with Yorke/Birchall in the middle?  Jones/Stern striking
Or Jones on the left with Whitely/Birchall in the middle?  Yorke/Stern striking
Or a 4-3-3 with Yorke/Stern/Jones up front and Whitely on de left

But you sure it was Anton Pierre not Atiba?  I'm surprised at that

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2005, 10:55:05 AM »
From Tv 6 last night

They show us the side training and they say Beenie was playing a first 11 vs the rest.

I am assuming the first 11 wearing bibs....I see Yorke, John and Jones,Birchall, Edwards, Anton Pierre, Lawrence, Andrews,Avery and Whitley.

I ent see who the next midfielder was but I did see Tiger running down Edwards without a bib. So maybe theobold or Sam might get the left sided spot. Given he try both of them out in the last set of games.

Anyway we will see come tomorrow.

is there any way those subscribed to tv 6 can post the video on the site or no?this would be especially useful for watching highlights of the panama game.in fact, anyone with digital camera bring it if u can and take a few pics so we can see what the atmosphere was like.
ps-it aint hard to click the refresh button for updates vb,so dont let it bother you so much.you'd have to do the same thing on the old site too.
Hart for president

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2005, 11:59:03 AM »
Me eh care how the line up, or what system they play. Just defend solid, attack with purpose and put down an impressive performance. Get people excited about the team through performance on the day.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2005, 01:50:49 PM »
Big Up T&T !!!! Good Luck !!!!

3-5-2 vs Panama. we need to win this game fellas.

Ince                             

Charles                   Andrews                   Avery

Edwards       Birchall                 Whitley             Tiger

Yorke                               

John                  Jones                 

If we loosing, subs to follow.

Glasgow for Tiger.
Theobald for Whitley.
Sam for John.

We dont have to much fire power off the bench, Dwarika or Eve would have been ideal.

If we winning, subs to follow. 4-5-1 or 5-4-1.

Lawrence for Whitley, with Tallman dropping in defence.
Rojas for Birchall, moving Tiger as a defence midfielder with Rojas on the left wing back.
Rahim for John, leaving Yorke up front alone, Jones and Rahim dropping in center midfield.
totally agree with that lineup

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Viewing updates
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2005, 01:54:32 PM »

Good point VB.. a good idea would be to have a temp link to the old boad where scores could be seen without having to click and go through messages. real 4king time.

it aint hard to click the refresh button for updates vb,so dont let it bother you so much.you'd have to do the same thing on the old site too.

Suggestion:
You can change your personal settings to allow the most recent post within a topic, to show up first in the list. That way, you won't have to scroll through any messages. Just keep the topic open and refresh the screen at your leisure.

Follow these steps:
1. Click on your username or the following image:

2. Click on the Look and Layout Preferences link in the Modify Profile section.

3. Turn on the "Show most recent posts at the top" option.

4. Click on the "Change Profile" button to save your changes.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2005, 03:04:12 PM »
thanks dey tallest
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2005, 04:19:30 PM »
I like the 3-5-2 also...but it is all up to Beenie Man...

BIG UP SOCA WARRIORS!!! Best of luck gentlemen!

I also want to big up Darrel Brown in a muddah of a race tomorrow at the Pre-Fontaine Classic:

100 METERS
Justin Gatlin
Leonard Scott
Shawn Crawford
Asafa Powell (Jamaica)
Tim Montgomery
Kim Collins (St. Kitts)
Darrel Brown (Trinidad)
Michael Frater (Jamaica)

Big up T&T, ah luv yuh!

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2005, 05:20:00 PM »
interesting to know dat the same Jamaican ref ......officiated the 6-0game last time. He didden do ah bad job eeedah.....Tnt made his job easy dat day...but if the game is close we go jes have tuh see how it go....with ah Tnt win it go be real tempo in St. James wit We Beat goin orn...

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2005, 06:14:13 PM »
Tallest how do I post a picture to this screen. I have a few pictures from the team training tonight that I could post for you guys.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Displaying photos
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2005, 06:54:50 PM »
Tallest how do I post a picture to this screen. I have a few pictures from the team training tonight that I could post for you guys.

If you already have de pictures uploaded tuh de Internet den check dis post: http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=32.msg75#msg75
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2005, 07:21:24 PM »
Actually I dont have them uuploaded to any website so I guess I cant post them. Sorry about that.

Thanks anyway, but I can tell you that I saw the finishing drills and from the way it looked Jones, Edwards, Yorke, Tiger and Andrews looked very sharp and motivated.

Stern was fluffing shots and header left right and centre and so too was Sam ( who had only one good finish  but perhaps de best fuh de night) and just about everybody else hitting way over de bar and missing simple tap ins. I think they will be hearing it from Beenie tonight on that one time he ask Rojas to cross and send everybody to meet the cross and surprise the goalkeeper, yuh know Rojas put de ball straight in de keeper hands with he whole team waiting fuh de cross - he too get surprised. Anyway I am sure they will turn on de style tomorrow but they have to settle down and finish as cool as Yorke Jones and Dog was doing tonight. Rahim had one very slick finish too but that was all. Whitley and Birchall were struggling a bit with getting it past the keeper but Beenie and Jonk was trying to talk them into a more aggressive mood.

Most of them found de goalkeeper too often for Beenie man's liking and he was trying to get them to be more aggresive in the finishing without trying to look embarassed because the media was there. At one time de man called for two goals and had to wait a good while before de first one came. Jones looked menacing though like he really wants this and Yorke was cussin them urging them on and puttin down some cool finishing - de man look good boy like he could put two past them. I thnk Jones look like he ready to make a mark too and Stern must be thinking he cyan havetwo bad days in a row.

I also saw the Panawussies practice and only the short blonde midfielder medina was lookiing good and roberto brown looked okay, medina is a man to watch he has a very accurate cross and looks good on dead balls regardless of the distance but otherwise their team looks like all musclar and fit but very ordinary.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2005, 07:43:43 PM »
thanks for that info solo.maybe you can send the pics to tallest so he can post em if you dont know how to.
Hart for president

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2005, 02:32:25 AM »
T&T on the go for goals.
By: Jovan Ravello.

National football coach Leo Beenhakkar has said that a victory in today’s 2006 World Cup qualifier against Panama at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo is not important only for him but for the team as a whole.
Speaking following his team’s final training session ahead of today’s crucial match, scheduled to begin at 6:30pm, the Dutch coach revealed that the team’s philosophy has changed over the course of the five-day camp to focus more on a united effort. The team has worked very hard together since Monday to ensure that they do their best in today’s crucial match between the teams at the bottom of the standings, Panama are on two points while T&T have only managed one from a goalless draw with Costa Rica on March 30.
Beenhakkar said he used recent friendly internationals against Bermuda to monitor the team’s progress up to that point in order to mould the ideal combination.
He also disclosed that the team discussed their approach to today’s game at length and that he is confident in their ability to get the desired result.
Commenting on his recent drop in form, T&T striker Stern John said, “it hasn’t been easy for me but I think I’m professional enough to come out of it.
“To be fair I wasn’t in the best of shape and maybe my play was a bit sloppy against Bermuda because I just came off a long season and I wanted a break.
“I have worked my boots off in training and I think once we live up to expectations then things should go our way. The most important thing is for our game to be up and hopefully I can bag it when it matters this Saturday” John added.
Panama, arrived on Thursday evening and got a feel of the Hasely Crawford Stadium surface last afternoon while T&T coach Leo Beenhakker had a final look at his charges at about 6:30.
Former captain Russell Latapy was reported to be arriving here last evening to join the rest of T&T and show his support from the stands.
John, Yorke go for goal for Warriors.
By: Ian Prescott.

If coach Leo Beenhakker's pre-match build-up is anything to go by, then Stern John and Dwight Yorke are very likely to start up front for Trinidad and Tobago in today's CONCACAF World Cup qualifier against Panama at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.
The teams meet at 6.30 p.m. in what to date may be the single most crucial game of the qualifying campaign for both countries, who occupy the bottom two positions in the six-team CONCACAF standings.
Trinidad and Tobago, especially, need something from this home match, before flying off on Monday for another very important game against Mexico on Wednesday, which represents the Warriors' first overseas assignment under Dutchman Beenhakker.
National team manager Bruce Aanensen said this is a match that Trinidad and Tobago must win and is expecting at least a 2-0 victory, adding that Beenhakker is very satisfied with his charges.
"I think he (Beenhakker) is greatly satisfied, given the time he had to work with," said Aanensen. "He would have liked to have a week more, but he is generally pleased with the improvement the team has shown in the last two weeks. He has been able to do all he wanted given the time he had."
Today, hosts Trinidad and Tobago are likely to wear their traditional red strip, with the Panamanians likely to come out with their second strip of mainly white, with red and blue trimming.
A $100 entrance fee to the uncovered stands and double ($200) that for those entering the covered section of the stadium should not prevent a big crowd turning out to see what improvement the Warriors have made since Beenhakker officially took over from Bertille St Clair on May 1.
In the build-up to today's match, the coach paid special attention to former English Premier League strikers Yorke and John, using props to presumably demonstrate the positioning he would like to see them in relative to each other. Even during a final scrimmage between his players on Thursday, Beenhakker played the strikers together and while Yorke looked accomplished in his finishing, John was also fairly sharp after struggling to find his goal-scoring touch in two recent warm-ups against Bermuda.
Earlier, Beenhakker had Yorke and John working on corner-kicks, along with defenders Marvin Andrews and Dennis Lawrence.
Newcomer Christopher Birchall seems to be the designated dead ball specialist now that Angus Eve is no longer in the team. Under instructions from assistant coach Wim Rijserbergen, and later Beenhakker, Port Vale's Birchall put in several variations of the corner kick, following the guidance of the Dutch coaches who wanted the ball to be dropped in certain areas.
Beenhakker also had John and Yorke working on penalty kicks as well.
While the four big men concentrated on giving T&T an aerial threat, the rest of the team worked on passing and ball movement.
The Dutchman's build-up seems to indicate his plans also include Carlos Edwards, Aurtis Whitley, Avery John, Atiba Charles, Lawrence, Birchall, Andrews and goalkeeper Clayton Ince.
The one position that seems still up for grabs could be left midfield, where Leslie Fitzpatrick may just get the nod. Beenhakker, though, was not expected to name his final 18 until having a final look at his players at last night's training session at the HC Stadium.
The game is almost a must-win one for both teams. Panama have not won in their last six matches, but in this final round of qualifying, they have had home draws with Guatemala (0-0) and Mexico (1-1), while going down 2-1 away to Costa Rica.
Trinidad and Tobago's lone point came from a 0-0 draw with Costa Rica last time out, while they also lost 2-1 to the United States at home and 5-1 away to Guatemala. History favours Trinidad and Tobago, who have won twice and drawn two of the four meetings against Panama.
The Panamanians arrived in Trinidad on Thursday night and are staying at the Marriott Hotel, just outside the Stadium. They had their first look at the Hasely Crawford Stadium yesterday afternoon when they held a training session under overcast conditions.
The visitors are coming off a 1-1 draw with Venezuela in a friendly international on May 25 at the Estadio "Ol­mpico" Caraque in Caracas. A crowd of 15,000 saw Giancarlo Maldonado open the scoring for Venezuela in the fourth minute, but Roberto Brown notched the equaliser for the "Canaleros" 30 minutes later. The draw was Panama's sixth consecutive game without a victory, with the last success coming on February 19 against El Salvador (1-0) in Guatemala City.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2005, 04:56:16 AM »
Thanks for de report solo...ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Maradona7

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2005, 10:30:11 AM »
I think the best line up would be the 4-5-1 with Yorke on top alone with Stern watching the whole game from the bench. 5 in the mid would ensure limited space for Panama to move around. The fifth midfielder being Rahim. Birchall and Brent would be the best combo in the mid but the key for the rest of the tournament is someone needs to start scoring and if Dwight doesn't do it this game try someone else.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2005, 10:37:20 AM »
I think the best line up would be the 4-5-1 with Yorke on top alone with Stern watching the whole game from the bench. 5 in the mid would ensure limited space for Panama to move around. The fifth midfielder being Rahim. Birchall and Brent would be the best combo in the mid but the key for the rest of the tournament is someone needs to start scoring and if Dwight doesn't do it this game try someone else.

Playing with 1 forward sounds very defensive especially since we playing at home and in need of a win.  I understand your point about 5 men in the midfield, however the chosen 4 just have to step up to the max. The 4-5-1 system might be a very good idea for the Mexico game.

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2005, 10:45:09 AM »
nah we cah play with one upfront especially since we need to score and that isnt exactly our strong point lately

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2005, 12:03:19 PM »
From the way he looked last night, Yorke looks like he is ready to hit them really hard. De man was really serious and hard on his teammates boy especially the ones that missing and the crosses from the left (Tiger/Densil/Rojas). He was cussing them like deh owe him money.

I think that if he brings this same attitude into the game tonight i dont care where he plays, he looks like get bound to get one and ah hope he does ( well at least two would not be bad form him given that he owe we a few).

1]; } ?>