June 26, 2024, 07:59:21 AM

Author Topic: hmmmmm we neighbours up north wha break dey bank for Sven  (Read 13504 times)

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: hmmmmm we neighbours up north wha break dey bank for Sven
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2006, 10:08:04 AM »
This feeling like ah nuclear arms race between Pakistan and India.  India test theirs and then Pakistan followed shortly with their own tests.  All of this is becasue of the fact that the name Jamaica has been replaced with Trinidad on the lips of many football fans worldwide.  We need to keep the momentum going.  There is no time to waste.  We need to get an answer from Beenie soon.  Look how Jamaica chasing big name coach now that they see it worked for us.  The race for 2010 has started!

Jamaica chasing big name coach now that we see it worked for you? What? Jamaica went to Brazil in 1994 and came back with former under 20 coach Rene Simoes. Alot of countries around the world has since then modelede their program off Jamaica's, inlcuding T&T. and Lazaroni, arguably teh biggest coach to coach in teh caribbean came to Jamaica long before Beenhakker came. Remebetr that Lazaroni, liek Beenhakker, coached at real madrid..and also coached the Brazilian nation side.

Since the 1970s, Asian and African teams have been using the services of foreign coaches such as Parreira(Brazil-Kuwait,UAE), Jose Faria (Brazil-Morocco), Vidinic(Yugoslavia-Morocco, Zaire).

Also there are several examples of European/South American coaches coaching other European/South american teams, a few examples are Fernando Bauza(Spain) who coached Chile in 1962, Otto Gloria(Brazil) coached Portugal in 1966.

There are endless other examples I can't remember, my point is nobody model anything after Jamaica.

You misunderstood my points, why am I not surprised.

After Jamaica qualified for France 98, and subsequently was awarded FIFA's most improved team for that year, A study was made into the system used by Jamaica, and I guarantee you that your very own T&T tried to go the route Jamaica went immediately after that (hiring former TD Simoes). I recall also Burrell coming in for some stick when he made a speach in T&T saying that T&T will never qualify for the world cup unless thay took the approach Jamaica took.

His words came to past.

please explain what system/approach?...is hiring a foreign coach a system?

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2006, 10:09:01 AM »
never realised we had so much hatred for JA on dis board  :rotfl:

All d best, RF, I hope Jamaica do well and we both make it in 2010 :beermug:

when it comes to football, T&T supporters still have a "tabanca" going on for Jamaica's football. Even with th erecent quaklification of teh T&T team for the world cup, men here still getting serious horrors.  ;D

TrinInfinite

« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2006, 10:09:59 AM »
we didnt follow no yardman theory bredda, tt have more sensible people than ja, hush yuh mouth nah, since 74 we had a foreign coach, he was english, so ja adopted our approach, hush yuh ass nah schupsssssssss

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2006, 10:12:48 AM »
This feeling like ah nuclear arms race between Pakistan and India.  India test theirs and then Pakistan followed shortly with their own tests.  All of this is becasue of the fact that the name Jamaica has been replaced with Trinidad on the lips of many football fans worldwide.  We need to keep the momentum going.  There is no time to waste.  We need to get an answer from Beenie soon.  Look how Jamaica chasing big name coach now that they see it worked for us.  The race for 2010 has started!

Jamaica chasing big name coach now that we see it worked for you? What? Jamaica went to Brazil in 1994 and came back with former under 20 coach Rene Simoes. Alot of countries around the world has since then modelede their program off Jamaica's, inlcuding T&T. and Lazaroni, arguably teh biggest coach to coach in teh caribbean came to Jamaica long before Beenhakker came. Remebetr that Lazaroni, liek Beenhakker, coached at real madrid..and also coached the Brazilian nation side.

Since the 1970s, Asian and African teams have been using the services of foreign coaches such as Parreira(Brazil-Kuwait,UAE), Jose Faria (Brazil-Morocco), Vidinic(Yugoslavia-Morocco, Zaire).

Also there are several examples of European/South American coaches coaching other European/South american teams, a few examples are Fernando Bauza(Spain) who coached Chile in 1962, Otto Gloria(Brazil) coached Portugal in 1966.

There are endless other examples I can't remember, my point is nobody model anything after Jamaica.

After Jamaica qualified for France 98, and subsequently was awarded FIFA's most improved team for that year, A study was made into the system used by Jamaica, and I guarantee you that your very own T&T tried to go the route Jamaica went immediately after that (hiring former TD Simoes). I recall also Burrell coming in for some stick when he made a speach in T&T saying that T&T will never qualify for the world cup unless thay took the approach Jamaica took.

His words came to past.

FYI, when Jamaica qualified for France, it wasnt just Simoes who was hired to do the job. He took with him no less than 5 other individuals, ranging from goal-keeping coach, physical trainer, Masseuse, and a nutritionist. He devised a system of regular international games, regular trainibng camps in Brazil. He hired a psychologist to work with the team, etc etc. He broought in walter gamma to oversee the youth programme, teh results of that later started to show, with the under-17 and under-20 teams attending world cup finals immediately after the sucess of the senior team.

FIFA sent delegates to Jamaica of a fact-finding mission, this is something that made the media headlines in Jamaica. I believe an article still exists on FIFA.com.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2006, 10:14:12 AM »
we didnt follow no yardman theory bredda, tt have more sensible people than ja, hush yuh mouth nah, since 74 we had a foreign coach, he was english, so ja adopted our approach, hush yuh ass nah schupsssssssss

OK, you didnt follow the yardmen. Jack Warbner brought in a foreign coach to replace Bertille, something that Burrell has been advising him to do for years.  ;D

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2006, 10:16:17 AM »

OK, you didnt follow the yardmen. Jack Warbner brought in a foreign coach to replace Bertille, something that Burrell has been advising him to do for years.  ;D

RF you real jokey yes.
Burrell advise JACK    :rotfl:

TrinInfinite

« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2006, 10:16:24 AM »

OK, you didnt follow the yardmen. Jack Warbner brought in a foreign coach to replace Bertille, something that Burrell has been advising him to do for years. ;D

before bertille we had foreign coaches, wat de hell are u talkin about, allyuh ja men juss like tuh try tuh rile up trinis but ur not making sense, burrell didnt advise shit, b4 burell trini had foreign coaches :o

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2006, 10:19:29 AM »
Lets look at Jamaica's policy...

1. Hire a foreign coach

2. Hire a foreign team - Almost de whole side talking, "mates, lads, gaffer", not "bomboclat"

3. Kick anything that moves football

4. Play for as much draw as possible in de qualifiers

We didn't follow dat bredda...

Our whole side was local based, not no my grandfather outside woman was born in Jamaica so I could get a passport and a bligh..

Our population smaller than Jamaica and we still churn out more big players...

Jamaica was the first team from the Caribbean and to make the World Cup and credit for that but definitely no tabanca here...

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2006, 10:21:47 AM »

His words came to past.

FYI, when Jamaica qualified for France, it wasnt just Simoes who was hired to do the job. He took with him no less than 5 other individuals, ranging from goal-keeping coach, physical trainer, Masseuse, and a nutritionist. He devised a system of regular international games, regular trainibng camps in Brazil. He hired a psychologist to work with the team, etc etc. He broought in walter gamma to oversee the youth programme, teh results of that later started to show, with the under-17 and under-20 teams attending world cup finals immediately after the sucess of the senior team.

FIFA sent delegates to Jamaica of a fact-finding mission, this is something that made the media headlines in Jamaica. I believe an article still exists on FIFA.com.

I can't comment on other teams that used foreign coaches and their approach to youth football development because I don't know, so you may be right about that aspect.  

As for the use of a full foreign technical staff (i.e. coach, psychologist, assistants,trainer, goalkeeping coach,etc.), most foreign coaches bring their own staff when they are hired so that is not anything new.  They prefer to work with people they are comfortable with.  This has many positive and negative effects.  One negative effect is the locals don't get an opportunity to learn from the foreign coach. One positive effect is having an entire staff sharing the same philosophy (worked together in the past and understand each other).

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2006, 10:32:32 AM »

btw RF Besides butch and chin WHICH CEO  making 6 million in JA
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2006, 10:40:46 AM »
Our whole side was local based, not no my grandfather outside woman was born in Jamaica so I could get a passport and a bligh..

Lawd man....when yuh statin tings...state dem correck nah.

Birchall was local based?  

Actually...if yuh want to get TECHNICAL.....90% of we team was foreign based

But we had 95% of we team local BORN

Birchall
Shaka
and Ian Cox

were not born in T&T
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

TrinInfinite

« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2006, 10:50:02 AM »

Birchall
Shaka
and Ian Cox

were not born in T&T

correct bredda but wat de man trying tuh say is JA recruit almost 100% foreign born as for trinidad, we dont, all our players born and grow in trinidad but ply their trade in foreign

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2006, 10:50:53 AM »

Birchall
Shaka
and Ian Cox

were not born in T&T

actually, that would mean only 87% of our team are local born :D

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2006, 10:56:00 AM »

Birchall
Shaka
and Ian Cox

were not born in T&T

correct bredda but wat de man trying tuh say is JA recruit almost 100% foreign born as for trinidad, we dont, all our players born and grow in trinidad but ply their trade in foreign

Ah know...but u done know how RF technical arready.  Now he lookin to say FIFA did come to "study Jamaica".  Steupes.  Mus be to study how de ass dem players does mistake de opposition players fuh de football so often fuss is only wile kick dey does pelt.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2006, 10:59:42 AM »

Birchall
Shaka
and Ian Cox

were not born in T&T

Yuh right.  Which jes reinforces my teacher's points that I should stay far away from anyting to do wit maths.

Offline Sentinel

• Full Warrior
  • Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2006, 11:04:52 AM »
Heyyyyyyyy...we not talking bout DOMINOES here!  although Mexican beating up on you know who!

Want history...ah go geh yuh it! I lived it....I was there!

Way back in the late 60's early 70's Dom Basil Mathews (Benedicts College) hired a Surinamese coach by the name of Augustus Wooter....from Suriname ....followed by Brunner from Brasil.....followed by  Verity...(English) Maroski (German)....and a host of others....Nobody in the Caribbean could advise we ah foreign!

Mexico get four....HAITI get five but reduced to 2-1 in favour of Haiti..Yes...we was ROBBED!

History says that we are Kings of the Caribbean......not some fly by night upstarts who took advantage of a particular situation that we invented!

Now some imposters go advise we bout ah foreign coach!  I was waiting to hear D shit.

Lawd....we even invented the Reggae beat....but....doh let me explashiate....the ole man old...but I could tell yuh bout history!

Go in yuh corner lyttle boys! and learn!  Dis is D Sentinel.

Luv U T&T!

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2006, 11:13:21 AM »
Heyyyyyyyy...we not talking bout DOMINOES here!  although Mexican beating up on you know who!
Way back in the late 60's early 70's Dom Basil Mathews (Benedicts College) hired a Surinamese coach by the name of Augustus Wooter....from Suriname ....followed by Brunner from Brasil.....followed by  Verity...(English) Maroski (German)....and a host of others....Nobody in the Caribbean could advise we ah foreign!
Mexico get four....HAITI get five but reduced to 2-1 in favour of Haiti..Yes...we was ROBBED!
History says that we are Kings of the Caribbean......not some fly by night upstarts who took advantage of a particular situation that we invented!
Now some imposters go advise we bout ah foreign coach!  I was waiting to hear D shit.
Lawd....we even invented the Reggae beat....but....doh let me explashiate....the ole man old...but I could tell yuh bout history!
Luv U T&T!

Pressha!!! HISTORY in dey klakow!!!  :salute:

ah learn someting today....and ah eh see explashiatre in years so yuh ketch mih

vb, triniman....doh let RF tie up allyuh head...not even John Issa makin dat kinda money

even if he have to make up some 'facts' RF just  defendin he land in de pissin contest...but he {Oops} too short to win
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 11:15:34 AM by Dutty »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2006, 11:46:50 AM »
Let me tell you what Jamaica is going to do to prepare for the World Cup.

They are going to hire John Barnes as TD. That will encourage a flood of British born Jamaicans to play for the team of there father's or mother's birth. That is how they are going to get players to make them better.Natural born Jamaicans who worked like slaves in the NPL will get left out in the cold as these men take there spots.

I believe John Barnes' father is Trini...I could be wrong but I think he is.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2006, 12:01:28 PM »
I know that is sacrilege to say this on a football website but, if true, that offer is obsene.  Truly obscene. I am all about keeping things in perspective and to offer a man $US5.4 million to coach Jamaica with all the problems that country has is incredible.  This would be true even if Trinidad was paying it.   To put this in perspective, the US Federation (the United states of America, yes that US) is reportedly offering Klinsmann $1.5 million to coach them. 

The ends might justify the means though. Like someone else said earlier, the kind of exposure that would give the country and the potential revenue from tourists etc may well be worth the spending, if they were to qualify for 2010.

Even though T&T is not big on tourism per se, we will have ,or should expect, massive tourists next year for Carnival and summer vacation.

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2006, 12:02:01 PM »

They are going to hire John Barnes as TD. That will encourage a flood of British born Jamaicans to play for the team of there father's or mother's birth. That is how they are going to get players to make them better.Natural born Jamaicans who worked like slaves in the NPL will get left out in the cold as these men take there spots.

According to the Jamaica Gleaner he was born in Jamaica
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 12:07:14 PM by marcpurcell »
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
  • Mighty Arsenal & Newcastle .
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2006, 12:26:44 PM »
dey jus want sven coz they think coz england beat dem 6 -0 he is a good coach.
in de paper it said they saw leo beenhakker with trinidad and tobago and since they have a better set of players they will do better with sven

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2006, 12:35:03 PM »

Birchall
Shaka
and Ian Cox

were not born in T&T

The fact that Shaka was born in England means nothing. He grew up in Trinidad. Played for St. Mary's College got a schlorship while playing for them. Trini true and true! That makes 91% :D
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 06, 2006, 12:55:20 PM »

Luv U T&T!

sanimanite

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 06, 2006, 01:05:35 PM »

According to the Jamaica Gleaner he was born in Jamaica

his dad is trini but live in jamaica
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline JabJab

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 06, 2006, 01:24:02 PM »
Why we worrying about what Jamaica doing???? If yuh have an exam and yer classmate talking about he go study 2 hours a night you care??? You know you just need to study as hard as possible to get de best grade!!!  Trini and Ja rivalry go way back and is not only football. We know what trini need to do to use this opportunity to take our football [across the board] to de next level. Doh get tie up in foolish talk about who do what in de past and who know more than who.
Fact 1: JA make it first in 98
Fact 2: JA have not made it again
Fact 3: If trini doh use this opportunity we will be relegated to talking about the good ole days of 2006 for the next set of years!! >:(

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 06, 2006, 01:44:36 PM »
I just heard on the radio that they also tracking Scolari, Klinsmann,Carlos Alberto and Barnes

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 06, 2006, 02:09:20 PM »
Why we worrying about what Jamaica doing???? If yuh have an exam and yer classmate talking about he go study 2 hours a night you care??? You know you just need to study as hard as possible to get de best grade!!!  Trini and Ja rivalry go way back and is not only football. We know what trini need to do to use this opportunity to take our football [across the board] to de next level. Doh get tie up in foolish talk about who do what in de past and who know more than who.
Fact 1: JA make it first in 98
Fact 2: JA have not made it again
Fact 3: If trini doh use this opportunity we will be relegated to talking about the good ole days of 2006 for the next set of years!! >:(

:applause:
My sentiments exactly!!...
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
  • Mighty Arsenal & Newcastle .
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 06, 2006, 04:46:59 PM »
BARNES  :rotfl: everytime isee him i laugh wat a legend . he get chants every time he seen in public barnsey barnsey

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 06, 2006, 06:37:15 PM »
I sorry that it is a rumour because Sven is a hound a shit hound.

Please answer did Haiti and Cuba play in the WC?

If yes then JA was the first English speaking country to qualify.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 07, 2006, 05:29:13 PM »
Portia sets sights on South Africa 2010

BY LEVAUGHN FLYNN, Staff Reporter

THE BRITISH JOURNALIST who reported yesterday that the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) is scouting several high-calibre coaches is standing by his story despite denials by local football officials.

Jason Burt, who works for The Independent newspaper in England, wrote that the JFF has plans to approach former England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson, Brazil's Carlos Alberto Parreira, Portugal's Luiz Felipe Scolari, Germany's Jurgen Klinsmann and former England manager Glenn Hoddle to run the national senior team.

Burt also wrote that the JFF would be willing to pay up to £3 million (JA$363m) annually to the successful coach with the help of the Government.

Speaking to STAR Sports yesterday via telephone from England, Burt insisted that the content of his story was accurate.

"I trust my source 100 per cent and would not write the story if I wasn't confident in my source," Burt said.

"The person who told me is involved in the whole process at a very important level and I wouldn't run the story if I wasn't sure."

JFF president Crenston Boxhill yesterday said there is interest in one of the five names mentioned but would not say which one.

"We haven't had any discus-sions with any of the coaches mentioned (but) there is some interest in one of the coaches." he said.

Burt said the most intriguing aspect of this story was the proposed salary of £3 million a year.

"When I first heard it I didn't believe it because that's a lot of money, and I found the figure very interesting." he said.

According to Burt, the Govern-ment, with the backing of Prime Minister Portia Simpson Miller, would help fund the coach's salary.

ACQUIRING COACH

The Prime Minister, who is in St. Kitts attending the CARICOM Heads of Government Con-ference, yesterday confirmed that she has spoken with Boxhill about acquiring a reputable coach to ensure the Reggae Boyz qualify for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.

"The Government wishes to assist in getting a good football coach so that in two years we can begin to see a difference, and we can qualify for South Africa in 2010." she said.

Mrs. Simpson Miller is also planning to travel to Brazil next week to meet with that country's president, Luiz Inicio Lula da Silva.

She said one of the topics for discussion would be Brazil's coaches and she mentioned the name Luiz Felipe Scolari, who this year took Portugal to the World Cup semi-final for the first time in 40 years.

"I am interested in Scolari, but am not sure if he is available. Many countries would love to have him and he may even be staying with Portugal. But it would be great if we could get him," the Prime Minister noted.

Meanwhile, Burt remains confident that his story is accurate despite Boxhill saying, "I don't know anything about what is in The Independent. I am hearing that for the first time."

"(If he says that) he is not telling the truth or doesn't know what's happening," Burt quipped.

"This may very well be a wish list, and I'd be surprised if any of the coaches end up in the job, but that is the proposal," he added.

-Staff reporter Ross Sheil contributed to this story.

1]; } ?>