June 27, 2024, 06:17:09 PM

Author Topic: pictures from Kaiserslautern  (Read 5269 times)

Offline michimausi

• myspace
pictures from Kaiserslautern
« on: June 29, 2006, 03:27:54 AM »
here is a link to view my pictures...

http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i184/michimausi/

please ignore the first 3 pictures...they are not recent.  I treid to delete them, but I guess I've done something wrong.  I'm not an internet genius...

I hope you enjoy them.
“Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.”

Offline ttcom

• us/trini/jamaican
Re: pictures from Kaiserslautern
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 09:29:59 AM »
nice pics. I didn't have a clue that all of that activity happen in k-town. I got there around 230pm. I guess happen before i got there.
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 11:02:10 AM »
here is a link to view my pictures...

http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i184/michimausi/

please ignore the first 3 pictures...they are not recent.  I treid to delete them, but I guess I've done something wrong.  I'm not an internet genius...

I hope you enjoy them.

Nice pics, I was there in the crowd at that Trini stage show in Kaiserslautern that featured Roy Cape Kaiso All Stars, Kess, Shurwayne, Calypso Rose & Iwer George before the match. A lot of people who were hanging on the main shopping street didn't realise that they had that show going on at the stage where the big screens were located. Folks definitely had a great time before the game, the atmosphere was similar to Carnival Tuesday in T&T except that most folks were wearing the T&T colours rather than Carnival costumes!  :chilling:

Looks like you had a great time that day just like most of the other folks in Kaiserslautern for the T&T game!  ;D
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 11:04:09 AM by Socapro »

Offline michimausi

• myspace
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 11:48:11 AM »
nice pics. I didn't have a clue that all of that activity happen in k-town. I got there around 230pm. I guess happen before i got there.

Not all the pictures are from the 20th, but most of them.  The carnival parade was from 12-2 pm.  The live act on stage began around 1830 pm.
The first pictures, however,  are not from the 20th, but on the 17th...there were 2 shows.
by the way, the (I believe second to last picture with me wearing the "be a plahah" shirt...the shirt was from Shurwayne...that's why I look so stupidly happy...  :)  He threw it out into the audience, and lucky me caught it...
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 12:21:20 PM by michimausi »
“Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.”

Offline Johpants

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 12:25:41 PM »
Cool pictures. You look like you had a great time.

Offline michimausi

• myspace
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 12:35:51 PM »
Cool pictures. You look like you had a great time.

Best time I've ever had here in "Dead-City-K-Town"!  Too bad it was a once-in-a-lifetime-situation...  :(  My boyfriend had to take all the pics, because I was too busy dancing, jumping and just having lots & lots of fun!!!  No time to hold a camera...

Offline davyjenny

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2006, 01:25:59 PM »
i mehself got to k-town around 1900 hrs with just enough time to deal with crowds and the walk from the train and some beers to the stadium.
good action in the city on that day.
the impossible lies in a person determination

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2006, 11:57:57 PM »

A lot of good photos --- thanks for sharing.

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2006, 01:59:12 AM »
is it jes me, or does dis ting look mad no ras?
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2006, 06:25:08 AM »

:devil:...

allyuh eh easy nah....leave de people an dem mah

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2006, 09:28:02 AM »

Offline SOBRIQUET

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2006, 10:54:07 AM »

:devil:...

allyuh eh easy nah....leave de people an dem mah

nah nah dred. ting like dem, yuh hadda show dem da scene. when last you feel a drop a water hit da skin?

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2006, 11:16:30 AM »

if that is not madness I doh know what is

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2006, 07:19:00 PM »
K-Town might be small by other "big city" standards, but it was definitely rockin' on the day of the 20th.  The Lavantille Rhythm Section alone was enough to bring that city to its feet.  Nice pics, young lady, good to see that you had such a great time.  I think that of the 32 countries that participated in this tournament, ours was the one that brought the most flavour to our games.  I was in a couple of cities aside from the ones where we played and the fans at those respective games didn't have nowhere near as colorful and lively a display as we did.  Not even the Brazilians.

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2006, 10:30:44 PM »
I was on a train coming from Cologne full of Swiss. I had to sit on the floor. I doh expect the Swiss to get on like we Trinis but San Juan cemetry had more life than that train.

We light up the WC. J'ca say they sorry they did not light up France like how we did.

Take a bow TNT.

Offline michimausi

• myspace
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2006, 07:20:48 AM »

The people who were there seemed to enjoy my madness...sorry if you find it too much, but I would see it as a compliment for T&T...

K-Town might be small by other "big city" standards, but it was definitely rockin' on the day of the 20th.  The Lavantille Rhythm Section alone was enough to bring that city to its feet.  Nice pics, young lady, good to see that you had such a great time.  I think that of the 32 countries that participated in this tournament, ours was the one that brought the most flavour to our games.  I was in a couple of cities aside from the ones where we played and the fans at those respective games didn't have nowhere near as colorful and lively a display as we did.  Not even the Brazilians.

Yes, T&T definitely brought the most flavour to the game and to Germany!  It was absolutely great...

Offline kandi_tt

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2006, 07:23:00 AM »

The people who were there seemed to enjoy my madness...sorry if you find it too much, but I would see it as a compliment for T&T...

K-Town might be small by other "big city" standards, but it was definitely rockin' on the day of the 20th. The Lavantille Rhythm Section alone was enough to bring that city to its feet. Nice pics, young lady, good to see that you had such a great time. I think that of the 32 countries that participated in this tournament, ours was the one that brought the most flavour to our games. I was in a couple of cities aside from the ones where we played and the fans at those respective games didn't have nowhere near as colorful and lively a display as we did. Not even the Brazilians.

Yes, T&T definitely brought the most flavour to the game and to Germany! It was absolutely great...

u should come to trini for carnival and u will see madness.... :)
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

Offline SOBRIQUET

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2006, 07:26:53 AM »

Yes, T&T definitely brought the most flavour to the game and to Germany!  It was absolutely great...

no hard feelings michi. great pics. good to see others enjoying our culture as much as we do. madness is gladness.. ;)

Offline michimausi

• myspace
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2006, 07:36:57 AM »
@ kandi_tt,
I would love to visit trini sometime.  Unfortunately unemployed for over 2 years...haven't got the money...but I'm sure my fiirst vacation (when I can afford one) will be in Trinidad & Tobago!  :)

@ SOBRIQUET,
don't worry...no hard feelings on my side.  :)  Of course, madness is gladness.  :)  Living here can be pretty depressing most of the time.  If you only knew how terribly BORING Kaiserslautern normally is...

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2006, 09:30:38 AM »
@ kandi_tt,
I would love to visit trini sometime.  Unfortunately unemployed for over 2 years...haven't got the money...but I'm sure my fiirst vacation (when I can afford one) will be in Trinidad & Tobago!  :)
@ SOBRIQUET,
don't worry...no hard feelings on my side.  :)  Of course, madness is gladness.  :)  Living here can be pretty depressing most of the time.  If you only knew how terribly BORING Kaiserslautern normally is...

;) I'll send you round trip (or maybe one way) airfare, don't worry. ;D :beermug: :devil:
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 09:36:14 AM by Pointman »

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2006, 09:34:57 AM »
@ kandi_tt,
@ SOBRIQUET,

;)I'll send you round trip (or maybe one way) airfare, don't worry. ;D :beermug: :devil:

Yes Casanova!

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2006, 09:41:37 AM »
I was on a train coming from Cologne full of Swiss. I had to sit on the floor. I doh expect the Swiss to get on like we Trinis but San Juan cemetry had more life than that train.

We light up the WC. J'ca say they sorry they did not light up France like how we did.Take a bow TNT.

They cyar do that like we...just not in their nature

I went to watch JA v USA in RFK Stadium when dey tied 1 all. De vibe just wasn't what it could have been if it was Trinbagonians in dey, D.C woulda still be talking bout we all now. :devil:

Offline michimausi

• myspace
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2006, 12:29:17 AM »
@ kandi_tt,
@ SOBRIQUET,

;) I'll send you round trip (or maybe one way) airfare, don't worry. ;D :beermug: :devil:

Oh yes...I'm sure you would also LOVE to pay for two more tickets...1 for my boyfriend & 1 for my 9-year-old son...?!?  You don't think I would go on a vacation without them, right?   :D :devil:

Offline rasajoy

Some nice photos.....
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2006, 05:42:28 AM »
Hi Guys,
I saw some nice photos of parade and welcome from home on www.triniview.com click on the album. I think it is really nice.

Check it out

http://www.triniview.com/album/

:angel:

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2006, 09:26:11 AM »
@ kandi_tt,
@ SOBRIQUET,

Oh yes...I'm sure you would also LOVE to pay for two more tickets...1 for my boyfriend & 1 for my 9-year-old son...?!?  You don't think I would go on a vacation without them, right?   :D :devil:

One ticket for just you... and your camera ;D
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 04:49:39 PM by Pointman »

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2006, 10:06:52 AM »
@ kandi_tt,

@ SOBRIQUET,

family yuh say 2 years without ah wuck

lardooooooo i wish ;D

yuh look cute too bad tho

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2006, 03:13:51 PM »

you will make me get fired today..i dying with laugh and mih boss watching me like I mad no ras.

Offline michimausi

• myspace
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2006, 01:06:33 AM »
@ kandi_tt,
@ SOBRIQUET,

One ticket for just you... and your camera ;D

Sorry, no go...no family, no vacation (I've never been apart from my boyfriend or son for longer than 10 days at once)...and the camera isn't mine, it belongs to my boyfriend...   :)

@ kandi_tt,

@ SOBRIQUET,

family yuh say 2 years without ah wuck

lardooooooo i wish ;D

yuh look cute too bad tho

Yes, it's very hard at the moment to get a job over here in Germany...especially at my age.  The older you are, the harder it is to get a job, and most of all when you have a child (or children).  I even got fired once, because I was a single mother at the time and couldn't work during the evening...Thank goodness my son isn't too young anymore...the older the children get, the more chances one has to get a decent job.  The first question they ask during a job interview is: "Do you have children?"...If the answer is yes, the next question is always, "How old?"...  It's pretty depressing, but I won't give up...

I don't know what your definition of cute is, but thanks for the compliment...When I look at my pics I wouldn't even TRY to compare myself to all of those Trini beauties I saw!!!  They're much more beautiful than us europeans... ;)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 01:49:53 AM by michimausi »