June 26, 2024, 07:52:14 AM

Author Topic: Football talk about again Gally on I9.95 local vs foreign  (Read 8460 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Football talk about again Gally on I9.95 local vs foreign
« on: September 30, 2006, 04:26:36 PM »
they talking about wim interview edgar vidale there
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Football talk about again Gally on I9.95 local vs foreign
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 04:31:47 PM »
Edgar Vidale

He dint know if  WHIM really thinking we have to qualify duh south Africa purely by Local players.
they send wim to a coaching course in europe
theY say anton more advance then wim CAUSE HE DID HIGH CLASS COACHING COURSE

Gally
Gally want to know what gap he is talking about. coaches alway comming here and using them remarks is disrespectful
Gally   nothing new has developed in football since the 80 this was talkign with coaches back in 1992 in a course in germany

Ken butcher
TD was suspended  no structure ,the administrators involved in the operators of football.seem like lincoln seems has been parked aside.. Wim Looking at his track record for now. Wim  tiger is outdated

buggy haynes
Bugs say he would have leave if he was LP
they warner is not paying  any more of the coaches salary after this month.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 04:46:44 PM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 04:47:16 PM »
Gally just said it again. "Football has not changed any since the 80s"

He said it once before on this show. I know enough about football to know this is totally false.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 08:04:52 AM by Jah Gol »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2006, 04:49:35 PM »
Boy Andre sweeting talk Wim LAST WEEK to bring Gally and them analyze his comments and tear him apart..

Edgar we destroyed them motivations of coachs in trinidad..they make us ashamed in the WC.. It seems gally wants a local national team badly.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 04:52:34 PM by triniman »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2006, 04:52:54 PM »
Vidale just say if he had a say, Gally would have been the coach in front of Whim.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 04:54:35 PM by Jah Gol »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2006, 05:05:49 PM »
I really want to know vidale expectations in the WC of our team . Expect from around the world say we played well he say we get embarrassed

i neva know they did that in the rainy season gally
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 05:17:49 PM by triniman »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2006, 05:10:13 PM »
I really want to know vidale expectations in the WC of our team . Experst from around the world say we played well he say we get embarrassed
Them fellas is clowns. Only shit does come out of Gally mouth.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2006, 05:10:51 PM »
I lose respect for Gally when he behaves like this.  He did it to Beenhakker before but is smelling more blood as Wim is more soft spoken and Gally feeling big since reaching the First Citizen's Cup. Just sowing division to try and steal a job when comess break out. Actually investing in us failing so he can be king of the jungle. As usual, big belly (and totally outdated) Vidale always using Gally as the bandwagon to ride on. Waste of time. I am concerned though about Lincoln.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2006, 05:27:08 PM »
Boy you could make a whole case a wine with all dem sour grapes on dat show.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2006, 05:39:20 PM »
Boy you could make a whole case a wine with all dem sour grapes on dat show.

:rotfl:

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2006, 05:41:46 PM »

Ok now they going on to the Latapy question.

Brace yuhself.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2006, 05:50:21 PM »
Vidale doh under stand wim .. trinidad was made not to look good.
leo was not impressed with the level of technical ability of our players

gally say why we did not put on latapy when england was on the backheal  :rotfl:. He say that beckham goal  would not possible would have been possible if latapy was on the field he..  he look in his crystal ball . a coach trying to undermine a coach
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 06:01:26 PM by triniman »

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2006, 05:54:59 PM »

i would not be surprised that the Coaches for TnT in Germany had a "Special Advisor" (if ya ketch where I really comin from  :devil: ) telling dem what to do, how to do it, and when to do it.

JMHO
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 06:11:13 PM by RedHowler »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2006, 05:56:31 PM »
Vidale doh under stand wim .. trinidad was made not to look good.
leo was not impressed with the level of technical ability of our players
Neither am I. There are few exceptions.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2006, 06:02:09 PM »
lord Andre say it will have a part 2 live commentary next Saturday and Wednesday
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 06:05:58 PM by triniman »

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2006, 06:25:13 PM »
Ah go geh pong fot this but ,ah kinda see where gally coming from with the england latapy comment .I was thimking after England made those subs that the momentum shifting rapidly ,we have to do someting ,bring on latas mho ,beenie did noting  :'(, lennon take over ,and we lose .
As for everyting else ,gally seems to have entered the rat race ,shame he could"ve gone down as our greatest coach,them boys planning sumting  :thinking: .
Poor Wim coulda been chillin in poland ,close to home ,and he getting caught in a silly power struggle ,ah see why beenie bust it.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2006, 06:29:36 PM »
I was thimking after England made those subs that the momentum shifting rapidly ,we have to do someting ,bring on latas mho ,beenie did noting  :'(, lennon take over ,and we lose
Looking at how Latas come on in de third game and tings change, I agree wid dat.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Sentinel

• Full Warrior
  • Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2006, 07:51:59 PM »
Sometimes I wonder....the more these experts try to sound knowledgable....is the more ignorant dey sound.  Dem ego strokers!

We have a way of getting stuck in the past....whether it be negative...or until most recently...the "surprising results" we experienced at WC 2006.  All ah dem who have the answers....FAILED.  The one bright spot we achieved....they trying to mess it up...instead of learning, emulating, initiating and implementing.   

Oh gawd...please leave the Latapy issue alone nah.  Move on to bigger and brighter things.  Find out where the next Latapy or Yorke may be hiding. Oh yeah...if Latapy came on earlier...we probably coulda win world cup too....please! But then again...the sole purpose for their criticisms is to validate why we should choose a local coach.

To be honest, I really thought that admin could have given Gally another chance...cause he came sooooo close to achieving something meaningful.  However, by attacking other "foreign..."successful " coaches is not the answer.  Dey sounding "xenophobic" spitefull and prehistoric!   

Another thing.......any adjustment you make in terms of a team's tactical play....would have consequences in terms of the results attained.  Sure we would all love to see us demonstrate our "god given skills" that they continue to refer to....score many goals...and win!  We "coulda" play more offensive....sacrificing defense, and also get totally embarrassed with a ton of goals in we backside too, as we have all witnessed for so many years.  Then dey go criticize again!

Oh gawd....instead of building on what we achieved most recently...the haters continue to downplay success...in the hope that they can achieve and surpass our surprising success.  Yeah we reach (like dat is a normal ting for we)...but we coulda...and woulda....and shoulda!

Yeah...dey want to hear that Mr. So and So is the first local coach to reach world cup.  Nothing wrong wid dat but learn how to do it.....then DO IT nah!  With the misguided negative approach...they destined to fail...again and again and again!

The biggest concern I have though...is with administration and the ("fast food"- "bandaid") approach to reaching the top.  I have to agree that we must develop the programs necessary to teach local players and coaches alike,  the right techniques and attitude to achieving success at the modern game.  Lets face it....de admin not supporting local players or coaches.  Ah could neva blame the coaches like (Coops, SH, Shabazz etc.) from plying their trades elsewhere.  I could neva blame the players, (Yorke, Latas, Stern etc.) from doing deh do!

I firmly believe we do have the talents in all fields...but these talents have to be harnessed, nurtured and developed for us to achieve the success we know we achieve.

But then again...the "fast food" approach continue to plague us...De administration won't see beyond dey nose, cause dey sole purpose is to benefit short term, within "their" short lifetimes.

The only fighting dong any and all efforts to long-term national planning or organization.  Dey just get rid of another bright spot in "Lincoln".  Guess you really cyah teach ole dawgs new tricks! 

Luv U T&T!

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2006, 08:04:47 PM »
Sometimes I wonder....the more these experts try to sound knowledgable....is the more ignorant dey sound.  Dem ego strokers!

We have a way of getting stuck in the past....whether it be negative...or until most recently...the "surprising results" we experienced at WC 2006.  All ah dem who have the answers....FAILED.  The one bright spot we achieved....they trying to mess it up...instead of learning, emulating, initiating and implementing.   

Oh gawd...please leave the Latapy issue alone nah.  Move on to bigger and brighter things.  Find out where the next Latapy or Yorke may be hiding. Oh yeah...if Latapy came on earlier...we probably coulda win world cup too....please! But then again...the sole purpose for their criticisms is to validate why we should choose a local coach.

To be honest, I really thought that admin could have given Gally another chance...cause he came sooooo close to achieving something meaningful.  However, by attacking other "foreign..."successful " coaches is not the answer.  Dey sounding "xenophobic" spitefull and prehistoric!   

Another thing.......any adjustment you make in terms of a team's tactical play....would have consequences in terms of the results attained.  Sure we would all love to see us demonstrate our "god given skills" that they continue to refer to....score many goals...and win!  We "coulda" play more offensive....sacrificing defense, and also get totally embarrassed with a ton of goals in we backside too, as we have all witnessed for so many years.  Then dey go criticize again!

Oh gawd....instead of building on what we achieved most recently...the haters continue to downplay success...in the hope that they can achieve and surpass our surprising success.  Yeah we reach (like dat is a normal ting for we)...but we coulda...and woulda....and shoulda!

Yeah...dey want to hear that Mr. So and So is the first local coach to reach world cup.  Nothing wrong wid dat but learn how to do it.....then DO IT nah!  With the misguided negative approach...they destined to fail...again and again and again!

The biggest concern I have though...is with administration and the ("fast food"- "bandaid") approach to reaching the top.  I have to agree that we must develop the programs necessary to teach local players and coaches alike,  the right techniques and attitude to achieving success at the modern game.  Lets face it....de admin not supporting local players or coaches.  Ah could neva blame the coaches like (Coops, SH, Shabazz etc.) from plying their trades elsewhere.  I could neva blame the players, (Yorke, Latas, Stern etc.) from doing deh do!

I firmly believe we do have the talents in all fields...but these talents have to be harnessed, nurtured and developed for us to achieve the success we know we achieve.

But then again...the "fast food" approach continue to plague us...De administration won't see beyond dey nose, cause dey sole purpose is to benefit short term, within "their" short lifetimes.

The only fighting dong any and all efforts to long-term national planning or organization.  Dey just get rid of another bright spot in "Lincoln".  Guess you really cyah teach ole dawgs new tricks! 

Luv U T&T!

Excellent Sentinel.  :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
You're on he ball. We as socawarriors are getting better and better in our ananlysis
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2006, 08:12:34 PM »
For those who missed the live broadcast, CLICK HERE to download. It is not the entire show as taping started a bit late.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2006, 10:19:55 PM »

Ways....we getting recorded shows now!!   :o
I go listen to this one on fast forward in WMP

Is Anil show on 102 supposed to be the other point of view from these guys?
I doh like that these guys are pushing their own agenda and you have no sense that the public agrees with what they are pushing.

The call in segment always seems to be an after thought with people cut off.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2006, 10:33:34 PM »
give all ah dem a under something squad to coach, and if they fail to take we to the world cup in that age group - tell dem hush dey A** for the next umteen years.  If they succeed, well dem presha in we tail.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2006, 10:36:47 PM »
in my earlier post I should have clarified that even if that had happened i doubt that we would have won the game but the tempo of the game PROBABLY would have changed with Latas playin.
Ok, back to reality now, thanks

give all ah dem a under something squad to coach, and if they fail to take we to the world cup in that age group - tell dem hush dey A** for the next umteen years.  If they succeed, well dem presha in we tail.
aye dat soundin like a good idea
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 10:45:33 PM by RedHowler »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2006, 10:46:29 PM »

Luv U T&T!

I completely agree with your comments...I heard the broadcast and these clowns will never change...Gally and Edgar are convinced that Beenhakker's game plan was to go to the world cup and play defensive..they said that we were a failure and they were embarassed by our lack off an attacking game plan...

The thing is we have tio understand that beenie only had a under a year to work with these guys and what he did, was take a bunch of indisciplined individuals and turn them into a decent unit of players that cooperated and played good discilplined defensive football...so wat if we eh play great attacking football, we have to understand the potential of the team, its my opinion that they played to there fullest capability at the world cup..if we went out and play attackin football and open up against England and Sweden and get a bag a goals.... dem same clowns wudda be the first ones to criticize, so leave them dey with dey stupid negative, sour selves....
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2006, 12:05:37 AM »
Will somebody please tell me why u guys those still listen to Vidale etal?

I in TNT and I eh bothering with these clowns.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2006, 12:24:14 AM »
Will somebody please tell me why u guys those still listen to Vidale etal?

I in TNT and I eh bothering with these clowns.

They keep getting PLENTY airtime.
Broken record.
They can't call them guest panelists anymore cuz they practically have a permanant spot on the show.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2006, 01:53:13 AM »
I can't beleive the kind of BS all of you writing here about what Gally and Vidale saying.
 I suppose the world is still flat.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2006, 07:41:00 AM »
For those who missed the live broadcast, CLICK HERE to download. It is not the entire show as taping started a bit late.

Thanks for this clip as usual ......

some basic questions  were ....
What is Wim´s role in fpptball in T&T ?
Is there a technical committee to evaluate Wim´s performance ?
Why are they advertising for a national coach ? Is Anton to be demoted ?
What has Wim been doing since he was appointed ?
What is lincoln´s role today ?
Aren´t these some of the same questons that have been raised on this forum ?
Why do some people get uptight when these questions are being raised ?
should we accept everything as given with no accountability ?
I read some of the comments on this thread and really i am disappointed ..... we are really bashing our local coaches who are just raising some issues that concern us all !
Can anyone say whether any local coach has ever received the kind of support that foreigners seem to get from the onset ? reminds me of the treatment of Gus Logie for the west indies !
I thi nk we are saying Beenie succeeded the locals failed so forget about the locals !
Let us deal with the issues and forget the personalities.... foreigners are needed if they have what the locals lack ! foreigners do not have  a right to dictate simply because they are foreigners ! Ken Butcher made a point that a new coach should not get a 4 year contract because things may not work out ...not because he is not good but the mix may not work ...,.
and you may have to compensate the coach if you have to get rid of him early.... you know not one comment was made on this issue on this thread !
Seems to me like some of us might be woives in sheep´s clothing here ..

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2006, 08:16:47 AM »
I can't beleive the kind of BS all of you writing here about what Gally and Vidale saying.
 I suppose the world is still flat.

Something have to wrong with the mental of these fellas on here. They cyar be even knowledgeable on certain topics at times.

I agreee with Gally one hundred percent when he attacking TTFF and dem cause they is a set of foolers for the dummy's appetite. They (forumites) claim to know so much and cyar even give a hand in TnT. Never before has a local coach been given any kind of credence or substancial support from the TTFF only 'mamaguy and gimmickry' and wettin everybody appetite(not mine) about ah imminent World Cup qualification. When I see changes for the better I will be moved to approval. Look Lincoln who doing so much for the football back home , he come back from he place in foreign to give he services to his homeland and wah dey do he....F..k him up treat him like ah lil boy. But you know what we not going noway withthat kind ah f..kry. Always spinnin top in mud. Never have ahset plan for the future always unprepared for ah match. Never have no time for smooth organisation. And lastly; Always throwing we ppl to wolves to be eaten.

That is wah Gally fighting and willing to be called fool and asshole from all ahalyuh blind bats so that hopefully one day those who can see further than they nose will jump out of their slumber.

KND did say after the qualification that we wasn't sure to see another qualification for a long time to come and he might very well be right.

Hold it dong !
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2006, 08:38:37 AM »

Thanks for this clip as usual ......
I read some of the comments on this thread and really i am disappointed ..... we are really bashing our local coaches who are just raising some issues that concern us all !

Boss them coaches (gally) has his own agenda he said he want to be the first local  coach to take the team to a world cup. Yuh hear he want to be first then he talk about back in 1992 he was chatting at a coaching seminar in germany or some where with coaches and they tell him nothing has changed since the 1980's. yes and this was in the early 1990's boy he think things still the same.

Can anyone say whether any local coach has ever received the kind of support that foreigners seem to get from the onset ? reminds me of the treatment of Gus Logie for the west indies !

Yes BSC had .And them questions they should put them to warner... about wim dont attack wim and try to undermine him.LP IS A Threat to warner and them yuh see that why .........  imagine them men have the nerve to talk how leo going to barbados to spend d  money he get paid  ! wha the arse if i wuking and in my off time  i can afford to go barbados and antigua for vactions  i will go....
« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 08:40:54 AM by triniman »

1]; } ?>