June 23, 2024, 12:50:59 PM

Author Topic: Hayden Tinto  (Read 23195 times)

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
Re: Carlos or Tinto?
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2009, 01:34:08 PM »
Carlos, how much time Tinto miss kick the bledy ball. I feel shame.

I prefer Carlos because of the experience, but other than that there is not much difference. Neither will hit and early ball and when they create space to dribble into they don't take advantage of that space. I hope Tinto work on the crosses. I t is simple, he trying to see where his ball going while striking, he need to focus more on the ball, also he needs to get his hips square to the inside of the field when crossing, if not he have to swing his leg around harder and further (beckham like).
Carlos I felt was caught in accepting his role as the FB. Again a serious warm up game would have exposed these little shortcomings.

tinto is d truth. he jus need a few more games to get a lil more polished. from where i was sittin in d stadium, tinto was continually gettin real pressure from dem costa ricans. yea he mis kick d ball a couple times but with a little more experience he go be one for d future
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2009, 02:16:09 PM »
Tinto showed potential and that's as positive as i can be.  Maybe potential is enough for some people but I prefer results.  He was handled by his marker most of the time and looked more dangerous when Carlos was close.  You could guess why.  But on breaks with 1v1 he failed.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 05:33:11 PM by Trini _2010 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2009, 05:53:18 PM »
I've been hearing about Tinto a while now. How old is he?
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2009, 05:54:33 PM »

Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2009, 06:08:01 PM »

Thanks breds. How come he still in the Pro league? Are these guys agents aggressive enough?

We really need to develop our back line. We have to start making a defensive mindset an attractive thing to our youth.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2009, 06:10:38 PM »
Nobody was taking on Tinto as the vision was just not there to see this li'l smally fellah in any imaginable foreign team. Big Mag has the scoop.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2009, 06:17:31 PM »

Thanks breds. How come he still in the Pro league? Are these guys agents aggressive enough?

We really need to develop our back line. We have to start making a defensive mindset an attractive thing to our youth.

He had trials the past couple years in the England and MLS but they were unsuccessful. With a bit more international exposure I am confident he will be flying out.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2009, 06:22:41 PM »
ah man kept saying that the ocassion 2 big 4 tinto.  alil more time around the national team and we will get to see his best
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2009, 06:25:03 PM »
Tinto, Roberts and some others is de future dread

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2009, 06:38:00 PM »
Tinto and Carlos would complement each other real nice on tha RW in the future. Obviously Carlos will overlap a couple time , so Tinto will play some RB.

Since we on this topic. Why was our left side looking cripple?  Most off our attacking came down from the right side.  Why Keon not playing?
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2009, 06:45:08 PM »
Tinto and Carlos would complement each other real nice on tha RW in the future. Obviously Carlos will overlap a couple time , so Tinto will play some RB.

Since we on this topic. Why was our left side looking cripple?  Most off our attacking came down from the right side.  Why Keon not playing?

Re: Paragraph 1: Couldn't agree with you more. There must also be a plan B incase either or both of them get injured, carded or become unavailable. I suspect a combo of Baptiste up and somebody else to be found, behind in de wing back.

Re: Paragraph 2: Keon, nice guy with great talents. But he would have been a potential disaster on the left midfield with his slow tracking back, with the extremely fast counterattacking Costa Ricans. Solution: play him in the middle where speed is not the most crucial thing, like how Yorke is used. (But NOT at the same time as Yorke). No more than 1 slowish player at a time.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 07:35:49 PM by dreamer »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2009, 07:32:45 PM »
I've said it several times before...Tinto like Shaun Wright Phillips. Loads of pace...trickery...buh his decision making eh the best. The thing is...he can get better with opportunities..buh....he doh get those often. He didnt play badly.....and i hoping it continues.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2009, 08:04:14 PM »
I wonder this is Tinto first cap. He have rel pace. and its hard to tackle him with out fouling him because of his height and body type. he will draw alot of free kicks for us like Messi now and Maradona used to do.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2009, 08:07:17 PM »
I wonder this is Tinto first cap. He have rel pace. and its hard to tackle him with out fouling him because of his height and body type. he will draw alot of free kicks for us like Messi now and Maradona used to do.

Well, he's a short man, an' Mexicans are short. Maybe they used to fast short players.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2009, 08:07:41 PM »
........ He have rel pace. and its hard to tackle him with out fouling him because of his height and body type. he will draw alot of free kicks for us like Messi now and Maradona used to do.

:beermug:

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2009, 08:08:36 PM »
Sold on Tinto as a permanent future attacking midfield star who deservedly got the #10 juzzy from coach Latas. What vision. Note Big Mag had been talking about Tinto a long time.

Jah Gol has been advocating for Tinto a long time as well.  I like what I saw last night.  

Also, peeps seemed to have forgotten that he played under Wim in the Digicel cup and looked very good since back then....who knows where he would have been in terms of international football if he apparently wasn't declared unwanted by the Dentist??   *sigh*
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2009, 08:13:52 PM »

When did Messi and Maradonna play for us   ???
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2009, 08:17:48 PM »

He has 7 caps...his first being under Wim in the 2007 Digicel Cup. He also played last year in the 0-0 draw against Guadeloupe at home, which was Maturana's first game as head coach of T&T.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2009, 08:21:55 PM »
They pull him off cause he was bun by the half, therefors I doubt he will start in Mexico cause if he cah make a 45 in Tobago, he not lasting in his first trip to the azteca.

With that said, he bun and he was miskicking as a result because he was obeying the coaches instructions to take on the man then get the ball in early...as was being practiced in training. Everytime he get the ball he had to run with it, he is not Carlos and he still learning. He get the #10 from the man himself, so the heir has been handpicked personally.

Give him time and he will only improve once Latas there with him
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2009, 08:39:28 PM »
Interesting.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2009, 08:50:11 PM »
Another thing to note is that the team was really picked with 3 defensive midfielders plus Tinto. Therfore, when defending, the team would basically switch from a 4-4-2 to a 4-3-3 with the midfilders tight in the middle. Spann would cover the right and Trent on the left with Yorke in the middle (in a V shape).

Carlos though, was playing like a RB would in a 4-4-2 waiting for the right midfieler to help him and thus his positioning was bad (especially on the first goal). I not blaming him though, he is a midfielder and it is not easy to just learn a new position with new tactics and not make a few lapses in judgement, just at this level every mistake u basically pay for. This made Tinto have more work to do than he was supposed to have as his job was to kill them in the attacking third and Latas probably didn't want him expending too much energy on the defensive end, otherwise he woulda pick a genuine left mid too and have both of them tracking back, rather than play Noel in the role he did.

So when judging Carlos and Tinto we have to remember the roles they were asked to play for the team...and both did very well with what they were supposed to do.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2009, 09:39:36 PM »

D man was in d Digi Cup team of 07 cyah remember d coach name doh
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2009, 09:54:55 PM »
Cyd Gray or Nigel Daniel

Let Carlos play RW... but since cyd nor danny there Carlos will have to take one for the team

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2009, 10:00:35 PM »
Cyd Gray or Nigel Daniel

Let Carlos play RW... but since cyd nor danny there Carlos will have to take one for the team

CYD GRAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2009, 01:58:32 AM »
Hey I know Tinto has potential, but we dont have time to wait for him to improve into the player we want. This is final round of WC qualifying, you going to give him the next four or five games to improve?? cause by then campain done !!..if thats the case then we have ah liability in our starting line up that will always be exposed by the opposition...and keep in mind we talking bout the same tinto who did not cross well, miskicked the ball and was BUN by the end of the first half..so allyuh tell meh how many more crucial WC qualifying games this professional league player needs to fix this??

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2009, 06:03:00 AM »
Hey I know Tinto has potential, but we dont have time to wait for him to improve into the player we want. This is final round of WC qualifying, you going to give him the next four or five games to improve?? cause by then campain done !!..if thats the case then we have ah liability in our starting line up that will always be exposed by the opposition...and keep in mind we talking bout the same tinto who did not cross well, miskicked the ball and was BUN by the end of the first half..so allyuh tell meh how many more crucial WC qualifying games this professional league player needs to fix this??

All kinda goat play d last yr if he was selected b4 he might ah learn sumting when Latas did join d squad. B4 Jamal eh was than Mats.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2009, 06:38:50 AM »
Hey I know Tinto has potential, but we dont have time to wait for him to improve into the player we want.

I understand your point... but have you failed to realise that outside of Carlos there is no creativity on this side? We could send tinto to learn in the PFL but who do you expect to come in and provide chances for us?

Carlose can't do it on his own as has been shown in every WCQ game we play so far from Bermuda come up. This is the first game the strikers were given any kind of service. How quickly allyuh forget the kick and hope of the corbeaux brand. This is the first time the side had any sort of flair since 2005! yes, that is partly down to Latas but it is also down to Tinto.

He is also the only player who is capable of exciting the crowd. This is the first time you hear ppl saying "ooh" and "aah" for the whole campaign and getting excited when the ball at his feet. And he did the same when he made his debut in the Digicel Cup. He is and exciting player. Besides, you really expect him to develop more away from latas ? What better teacher is there for him, in Trinidad and Tobago?

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2009, 07:00:12 AM »
I had neva seen Tinto play until the practice session and the man stood out there too...he has a lot of potential he just needs to settle down ah little and get some more composure but he is a good addition to the team...with that said I still think that a 4-4-2 system is better for us because on 1 of the goals Carlos was way up front and was scrambling to get back to help out the RB position and couldn't do it...we asking too much of Carlos in a 3-5-2 when he goes forward because nobody picking up the slack when he make the overlapping runs...I think a natural back should be used like maybe Cyd Gray or from what I'm hearing Nigel Daniel is a great option...or call  Julius James into the camp to try out.At this point it hard for us to qualify but it aint impossible ...this is the best we have played in a longtime ...and the fellas seem to have a positive vibe on the team..Jones had the best game for us in a while ...so if we make a couple changes and sure up the back line we still maybe in this thing!!!...GO WARRIORS!!! ;D

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2009, 09:33:06 AM »
Trent was our best midfielder yesterday !dwight won't last 30 mins in mxco city !play trent in front birchl or theobald in the midle !

Dat goat as deze jackasses an dem label him? :D

1]; } ?>