September 20, 2024, 09:18:43 PM

Poll

Is a Caribbean Pro Soccer League Feasible ?

Yes
17 (81%)
No
4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: What about a: CARIBBEAN PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE?  (Read 40733 times)

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What about a: CARIBBEAN PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE?
« Reply #150 on: August 17, 2024, 07:56:48 AM »
Cricket has shown we could have  regular interpaly among the islands -  Why  we have so many road blocks when in comes to football.
 I said it before, if we could have a Wesytindies Cricket team of teh best from the islands representing on teh world stage? what happen to putting together a  West Indies football team for World Cup?

People  living in thsi illusion that one day  yuh go see any one of these islands playing in the final 4 of world cup!!! delusionial thinking

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 18, 2024, 06:40:42 AM »
ABTrini,

That dream long gone when the federation dissolved in the early 60s. Actually I meant to say that ship has sailed its course.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2024, 07:48:48 AM by Deeks »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 18, 2024, 07:48:54 AM »
AB Trini, it is possible for the smaller islands. Islands like Jamaica, Haiti, and even Trinbago, won't buy into that because they believe that it is possible to make it to the world cup on their own.

I believe merging some of the islands to form a more competitive team was entertained before. For it to work it would make sense to put the islands that are closer and have more cultural ties together. Putting all the islands together will be a mess. I think 3 or 4 competitive teams can come out of merging some of the islands together.

Grenada and SVG

St Lucia and Dominica

SKN, Antigua and Barbuda and Montserrat

BVI, UVI Anguilla

Martinique and Guadeloupe (They will be a powerhouse)

Aruba and Bonaire (Curacao won't buy into joining. . All 3 used to compete as the Netherlands Antilles, they never had their Dutch players, if they reunited, they will also be a force)

Guyana and Suriname? Nope. They might be close in proximity. But culturally they are a bit different and it might not work.

Bahamas and Bermuda? Possibly.

Guyana and Barbados might work. But both will need to put their pride aside for this to happen. In fact all the nations will have to do that.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 18, 2024, 03:33:56 PM »
So this will be an annual discussion then...cool, cool, cool.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

1]; } ?>