June 21, 2024, 12:09:49 AM

Author Topic: Marcelle and de Strike Squad  (Read 2598 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Marcelle and de Strike Squad
« on: August 09, 2005, 12:53:40 PM »
How come Marcelle wasn't in de mix fuh de Strike Squad ? jusme was asking dat question on de Quizz Time & Facts board. Anybody have de scoop?
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Re: Marcelle and de Strike Squad
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2005, 01:11:18 PM »
Ent marcelle in England and still a professional player. He sign with a team the other day, the rest of men is local fellas with a 9-5 wuk.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2005, 01:14:59 PM »
Ent marcelle in England and still a professional player. He sign with a team the other day, the rest of men is local fellas with a 9-5 wuk.

I eh talking about now, ah talking bout back in 1988/89.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2005, 01:21:26 PM »
Ohho my bad.....I thought you was talking about the fete match this weekend

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2005, 01:44:43 PM »
My scoop on it is that Gally wanted a local squad and refuse to consider players who would have contributed because they were playing abroad with the exception of Alibey who was playing college ball in the States which gave Gally some measure of control.Not only was Marcelle left out but Brian Haynes,David Nahkid and Veron Skinner to name just a few who could have surely make a meaningful contribution to the strike squad .

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2005, 02:08:41 PM »
I remember Marcelle father ouside TTT with a placard for them to call him to the team.

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2005, 04:54:35 PM »
I can't really recall ....but is Kerry Jamerson in that fete match on Sunday?
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2005, 05:10:05 PM »
I can't really recall ....but is Kerry Jamerson in that fete match on Sunday?

Yes, he in de squad.

T&T Strike Squad:
Michael Maurice, Clayton Morris, Brian Williams, Dexter Francis, Floyd Lawrence, Marvin Faustin, Dexter Cyrus, Hutson Charles, Larry Joseph, Leonson Lewis, Kelvin Jones, Maurice Alibey, Philbert Jones, Russel Munroe, Alvin Thomas, Kerry Jamerson, Ross Russell, Dexter Lee, Lawrence George

Manager: Neville Chance
Coach: Everald Cummings

Offline Herc 2

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2005, 05:38:05 PM »
Allyuh fellas going way back boy 1989.  Ah lil bit again allyuh go talk bout Archibald, Cave and de rest ah fellas from de 70's. Come on guys let us move forward and doh relive the past.   

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2005, 06:13:02 PM »
How come Marcelle wasn't in de mix fuh de Strike Squad ? jusme was asking dat question on de Quizz Time & Facts board. Anybody have de scoop?

I heard the same thing as Royal from some sources close to the team at that time. It's also consistent with the picture painted by Earl Carter when he wrote his "Inside story" column in the Guardian some months after Nov 19th. Not only Marcelle& Skinner, but men like Skeene, Nakhid and Anton Corneal all get run as well. Check out the book by Marlon Morris, and you will see why I say Gally should NEVER be Senior National Coach again - his arrogance was/is his undoing (His recent utterances indicate he has ah "Strike Squad" tabanca much like BSC has his "ONLY Coach to qualify a T&T team to a WC" tabanca).

Offline davyjenny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2005, 07:38:41 PM »
where are they selling marlon morris's book?
I heard the same thing as Royal from some sources close to the team at that time. It's also consistent with the picture painted by Earl Carter when he wrote his "Inside story" column in the Guardian some months after Nov 19th. Not only Marcelle& Skinner, but men like Skeene, Nakhid and Anton Corneal all get run as well. Check out the book by Marlon Morris, and you will see why I say Gally should NEVER be Senior National Coach again - his arrogance was/is his undoing (His recent utterances indicate he has ah "Strike Squad" tabanca much like BSC has his "ONLY Coach to qualify a T&T team to a WC" tabanca).

The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2005, 12:13:12 AM »
Allyuh fellas going way back boy 1989.  Ah lil bit again allyuh go talk bout Archibald, Cave and de rest ah fellas from de 70's. Come on guys let us move forward and doh relive the past.   

My friend, the only way to get pass 1989 is to go pass it. And that could happen this year, but untill then we are not only trapped by memory but what we are seeing at the present.

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2005, 06:40:10 AM »
where are they selling marlon morris's book?

I know Metropolitan Book store (where I bought my copy) had it some years ago. You have any Trini-based friends/relatives who could check them out for you?

1]; } ?>