June 26, 2024, 08:08:43 AM

Author Topic: T&T U17s get intense beach work out  (Read 2612 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T U17s get intense beach work out
« on: July 05, 2007, 08:11:30 PM »
T&T U17s get intense beach work out.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago’s National Under 17 footballers continued their preparations ahead of next month’s FIFA Under 17 World Championship with an intense work out sea side at the Las Cuevas beach on Wednesday.
Thirty two players, under the watchful eyes of head coach Anton Corneal and team trainer Gilbert Bateau , were put through some rigorous exercises on the sand and in the water with medicine balls also being used during the session.
Not even a downpour of rain could dampen the session nor the spirits of the young “Soca Warriors” as they flexed their muscles for a good part of three hours.
“We did sessions like this very early on in the campaign in Manzanilla and this time we felt it was necessary again to have one in Las Cuevas,” Corneal told TTFF Media. “It’s all part of endurance training and we probably will do this once a week before we leave for Korea.
“It’s another part of the training that allows us to get a very intense workout away from the football field or the gym. The guys know it is going to be a tough debut for them at the Championship and so they are prepared to go through tough days like these in which their bodies are put through a thorough work out.”
Corneal is looking ahead to a tour of the United States later this month where games against teams there are being lined up before the team heads over to Holland prior to its arrival in Korea in mid August. Manager Chriso Gouveia is ensuring all documents are in place for the team's travel itinerary
T&T plays its first game at the Championship on August 20 against two-time champions Ghana and then meets Colombia on August 23 and Germany three days later. A glance at that schedule the average T&T national would undoubtedly press the panic button. But team captain Leston Paul says his team have gotten past that initial anxiety over the caliber of its opponents and are gearing up for the challenges ahead.
“I don’t think we are worried about who we have to play anymore. Right now our main focus is to work hard. That is how we are dealing with it,” Paul said after the beach session.
“We did this kind of exercise a while back but now I think it was a bit harder because our bodies are different and we are being worked harder plus the body is responding differently. We know how important it is to work hard too so it’s not a big problem.
“We are talking all the time and I think everyone is excited but we also have to prepare ourselves mentally and physically for those games. We are not scared about it,” the TTFF youth player of the year for 2006 concluded.
The team goes into camp in the south-land  at the Accent Hotel, St Joseph Village on Thursday and will train on Friday morning at the Ato Boldon Stadium.

Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T U17s get intense beach work out
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 08:21:21 PM »
yes,
I remember my intense beach workout days...
I used to follow up with a protein and carb meal (with all the fixins) and finish it up with a ice-cold barley-based energy drink...

But seriously  for all the doubters about Corneal. They seem to have a plan and making serious preparations.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 08:30:36 PM »
I like the workouts  ;) bigg up t that just hope they get quality games here....
All American

Offline Sentinel

• Full Warrior
  • Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 08:32:18 PM »
Finally....I like what ah hearing....beach work is important.

Running over the hills is important....ask Coop.

No amount of technique or tactics will endure if you aren't fit...by world standards!

If you aren't fit...your play breaks down...and yuh cyah do what yuh telling yuh mind to do.

Dem fellahs on the right track....we won't be embarrassed.

Luv U T&T

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 07:40:02 AM »
Glad to see what I'm reading, I would really like to see them against some quality opposition b4 the tournament. Maybe we can see them when they come to the US.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 08:35:49 AM »
They should have a match agaqinst the u23's who are in training right now.
Warrior For Life !!

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 08:53:27 AM »
Father like son, he daddy use tuh put dat on we at ALCONS. Large up yuh self Anton, cuz dat is ah wicked piece ah work out. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2007, 08:55:36 AM »
They should have a match agaqinst the u23's who are in training right now.

trinbago!! they better of playing Jabloteh U-19 who just beat the U-23 National Team, yeah yuh read it correct, U-19 club team beat the U-23. I say they play that U-19 Jabloteh team till the WC start they go be in shape ;)
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2007, 12:58:52 PM »
ah thought anton is ah shithong???.....allyuh good yes
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2007, 01:23:20 PM »
ah thought anton is ah shithong???.....allyuh good yes

nah they was talking about Anton Pierre!!! :devil: :devil: :beermug: but yuh right even i does fight him down when ah ready!!
All American

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2007, 03:54:02 PM »
well i am sure anton knows part of his job is to get "fight down"......

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2007, 08:24:58 PM »
Finally....I like what ah hearing....beach work is important.

Running over the hills is important....ask Coop.

No amount of technique or tactics will endure if you aren't fit...by world standards!

If you aren't fit...your play breaks down...and yuh cyah do what yuh telling yuh mind to do.

Dem fellahs on the right track....we won't be embarrassed.

Luv U T&T

Are you talking about Cooper from the Defence Force? The reason I asked is because when he used to coach us in San Jaun senior Compre is only Maracas hills and right back over you know. He is ah sicko with them kinda thing.
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2007, 12:19:13 PM »
I doh mean to be cynical but we preparing for a world championship and the best we could get  is two matches against some poor american club team and running hills on the beach and allyuh feel we on the right track?  I sympathise with Anton because of his lack of resources but a means needs to be found to step of this team preparation else we gonna have a repeat of what happen to us in the 91 youth cup and the u-17 youth cup in trinidad we gonna get hammered.....yeah they'll be fit hopefully but is not like the other teams wont be fit also....those matches we missing out on is crucial especially for young inexperienced  lil fellas
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 12:46:27 PM by Ngozi »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2007, 12:37:11 PM »
correck ngozi....they need tons of matches

1]; } ?>