June 23, 2024, 02:01:29 PM

Author Topic: BRAZIL V USA - under 20  (Read 18429 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: BRAZIL V USA - under 20
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2007, 07:33:57 PM »
USA looking like the better team.

Arguably...but the scorline def argues in their favour, and it's tough to argue against that....

Brazil can't buy a goal today. (a second one at least)

Nothing arguable at all...the USA are definitely the better team.  Brazil, as usual... are the better 11.

Big difference.

Sweeeet touch by Freddy to Mc Carthy...only tuh see him do some bullshit with it.

Game overr and watch de Brazilian fella rush at Freddy...like he fuhget is ah yellow shirt and not ah green Mexican shirt he wearing or what?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 07:36:50 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2007, 07:36:33 PM »
I goan sleep.  >:(
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2007, 07:38:57 PM »
Nah doh go sleep yet....yuh might only end up seeing Freddy and Altidore in yuh sleep, lol

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2007, 07:40:28 PM »
brazil need ah win today with ah poland draw or loss to secure 1st place in de group.

to secure first place? if they lose they eh qualifying for the next round
they eh losin.

come again

Brazil need other results now to go their way to qualify as one of the best 3rd place teams..or is back home.

Not a good summer for Brazilian football so far  :-\

Happy for the US tho'. Real nice team. Lemme hear the haters say that these fellas cyah play?

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2007, 07:40:37 PM »
Nah doh go sleep yet....yuh might only end up seeing Freddy and Altidore in yuh sleep, lol

That's so not funny. Brasil just got knocked out of the WC.  >:(
www.westindiantube.com

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2007, 07:51:23 PM »

Arguably...but the scorline def argues in their favour, and it's tough to argue against that....

Nothing arguable at all...the USA are definitely the better team.  Brazil, as usual... are the better 11.

Big difference.

Sweeeet touch by Freddy to Mc Carthy...only tuh see him do some bullshit with it.

Well I can't persist with this argument, because like I say the scoreline is the most difficult to argue against...

In terms of the run of play, team cohesiveness on attack and chances created,  it's tough to say that the U.S. was the better team...In terms of work rate I would say the teams were pretty even....the U.S. won out in goalkeeping (stellar performance by GK), luck- the ball bounced right for them on both goals (can't underestimate the impact of "luck") & finishing (the be all and end all).

The only reason I would say it was arguable is because after watching so much football, I seriously doubt that in a best of 5 between the 2 teams, the U.S. would win the series.....but who cares right? the game was today.......

plus without Freddie the U.S. is a significantly weaker team........................doesn't speak volumes in favor of "team" to me..

Anyways, I eh no hater, never was..... they (the U.S.) fought well and they won fair & square, and yuh hadda raise yuh drink tuh that...... :beermug:

« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 08:18:05 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2007, 07:51:44 PM »
The US won fairly, that goalkeeper is decent. Altidore strikes me a decent finisher. You could really see the difference with Bradley- he is a very intelligent player.

Brazil need to put their chances away.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2007, 07:54:51 PM »
Yuh know yuh football developing when yuh have players of the status like Adu and Altidore, household MLS name in yuh U20 squad.  Adu leave dem two Brazilians in de corner like dey was two cones.  How de hell dey lket de man come out of the corner. ???

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2007, 08:01:09 PM »
Brazil for all their attack struggling in front of goal. Jo is a handful but tends to over play and I believe is yet to get on the score board.
Their back line also looks disorganized and giving chances like crazy
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2007, 08:05:01 PM »

Big difference.

Well I can't persist with this argument, because like I say the scoreline is the most difficult to argue against...

In terms of the run of play, team cohesiveness on attack and chances created,  it's tough to say that the U.S. was the better team...In terms of work rate I would say the teams were pretty even....the U.S. won out in goalkeeping (stellar performance by GK), luck- the ball bounced right for them on both goals (can't underestimate the impact of "luck") & finishing (the be all and end all).

The only reason I would say it was arguable is because after watching so much football, I seriously doubt that in a best of 5 between the 2 teams, the U.S. would win the series.....but who cares right? the game was today....

Anyways, I eh no hater, never was..... they (the U.S.) fought well and they won fair & square, and yuh hadda raise yuh drink tuh that...... :beermug:

I can agree with most of what you're saying  except where you say that the us won out on goalkeeping......I would say the goalkeeping was even: both 'keepers made the saves they were supposed to make (but the one for the american that resulted in the lone Brazilian goal, and the Brazilian 'keeper couldn't really do anything about the goals that were scored on him) Brazil lost because of poor defending........I think.  

While the usa won the game, it is arguable that they are the better "team" as far as cohesiveness and defensive discipline is concerned and Freddy Adu made the difference for them up front, but if they would have played a little smarter up front and defended better, they would have won this game.  I think the usa overall played a better game today, but they are not the better team.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2007, 08:08:31 PM »
Brazil for all their attack struggling in front of goal. Jo is a handful but tends to over play and I believe is yet to get on the score board.

Their backline is downright scary.  You could see some of the terrible mistakes they were making as they unfolded.  As much as I hate to admit it: an Argentinian side (or any of a number of better attacking teams) would have ripped thes defence apart and made the score very ugly.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2007, 08:12:39 PM »

Their backline is downright scary.  You could see some of the terrible mistakes they were making as they unfolded.  As much as I hate to admit it: an Argentinian side (or any of a number of better attacking teams) would have ripped thes defence apart and made the score very ugly.

Yeah dreads. lol
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2007, 08:17:53 PM »

I can agree with most of what you're saying  except where you say that the us won out on goalkeeping......I would say the goalkeeping was even: both 'keepers made the saves they were supposed to make (but the one for the american that resulted in the lone Brazilian goal, and the Brazilian 'keeper couldn't really do anything about the goals that were scored on him) Brazil lost because of poor defending........I think.  

I could agree with that...but I'll still say that Seitz (the American keeper) had a stellar game, while Casillo had a good game.  Seitz got unlucky with that rebound just trickling under him, and as much as I call it a 'shit' goal...that was hustle on the part of Lima to make that happen.  Seitz had the better game in net, hope he not too hurt.

While the usa won the game, it is arguable that they are the better "team" as far as cohesiveness and defensive discipline is concerned and Freddy Adu made the difference for them up front, but if they would have played a little smarter up front and defended better, they would have won this game.  I think the usa overall played a better game today, but they are not the better team.

The US were the better team because they played better as an all-round team.  Good job taking advantage of their opportunities on goal (even though Altidore should have had a hat-trick), good job of controlling midfield by Adu early, before he became more offensively minded....good job defending and great job in goal.

Brazil were superlative in midfield with possession and their passing.  Zizzo undressed the defense in the first half, and Freddy took over in the second.  The defense got a 'hard luck' on Altidore's second goal (came off a deflection on Adu's shot), but on the first the keeper could/should have done better...the shot really wasn't that hard or difficult, just low and quick.

Up front man was trying too hard to play hero or to score spectacular african goal from outside de stadium.  Too much gallerying with de beats or too much selfishness kill them up front like dem ent realize they ent playing small goal no more.  This is one thing you have to give the Argentines...they don't play around, they are clinical when it comes to putting away goals, while the Brazilian teams on both Jr. and Sr. levels have man who like to dance too much.

This is why I say Brazil had the better 11 (individual players) while the US had the better 'team'...more cohesiveness and better overall play.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 08:19:30 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline santacruz

• Full Warrior
  • This year is the Dutch year!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2007, 08:32:52 PM »
Got to say- both teams are playing their asses off....there is a nice vibe of youthfulness to this game that you don't see at the senior pro level when the game gets more polished and money is a bigger factor.

Brazilian players are individually more "gifted" (except Adu) and you can tell that they prob have a few more battle hardy pros out there, but the USA as a team is disciplined and well coached enough to nullify that gap in player for player talent.

Adu just leave 2 men jock strap on the ground.....2-1 USA..

well is ah dutch coaching usa, so yuh have tuh respect that.
Fatima old boy graduate in '95 from Form 5, '97 from Form 6, lived in Santa Cruz.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2007, 08:37:55 PM »

I can agree with most of what you're saying  except where you say that the us won out on goalkeeping......I would say the goalkeeping was even: both 'keepers made the saves they were supposed to make (but the one for the american that resulted in the lone Brazilian goal, and the Brazilian 'keeper couldn't really do anything about the goals that were scored on him) Brazil lost because of poor defending........I think. 

I could agree with that...but I'll still say that Seitz (the American keeper) had a stellar game, while Casillo had a good game.  Seitz got unlucky with that rebound just trickling under him, and as much as I call it a 'shit' goal...that was hustle on the part of Lima to make that happen.  Seitz had the better game in net, hope he not too hurt.

While the usa won the game, it is arguable that they are the better "team" as far as cohesiveness and defensive discipline is concerned and Freddy Adu made the difference for them up front, but if they would have played a little smarter up front and defended better, they would have won this game.  I think the usa overall played a better game today, but they are not the better team.

The US were the better team because they played better as an all-round team.  Good job taking advantage of their opportunities on goal (even though Altidore should have had a hat-trick), good job of controlling midfield by Adu early, before he became more offensively minded....good job defending and great job in goal.

Brazil were superlative in midfield with possession and their passing.  Zizzo undressed the defense in the first half, and Freddy took over in the second.  The defense got a 'hard luck' on Altidore's second goal (came off a deflection on Adu's shot), but on the first the keeper could/should have done better...the shot really wasn't that hard or difficult, just low and quick.

Up front man was trying too hard to play hero or to score spectacular african goal from outside de stadium.  Too much gallerying with de beats or too much selfishness kill them up front like dem ent realize they ent playing small goal no more.  This is one thing you have to give the Argentines...they don't play around, they are clinical when it comes to putting away goals, while the Brazilian teams on both Jr. and Sr. levels have man who like to dance too much.

This is why I say Brazil had the better 11 (individual players) while the US had the better 'team'...more cohesiveness and better overall play.
The game was very balanced. I don't know what you were watching. If any team should be given the edge it was Brazil because they created more openings. The US managed to put 2 in and good for them.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2007, 08:54:55 PM »

The game was very balanced. I don't know what you were watching. If any team should be given the edge it was Brazil because they created more openings. The US managed to put 2 in and good for them.

Very balanced my ass, clearly it have something in de water in Trincity dat clouding your judgement.  Creating "openings" doh mean ah blasted thing if yuh ent do shit wid de openings...they barely had legitimate shots, save for those that Jo put on goal.  Man swinging dey foot wild wild going fuh six when four would suffice...then on the late chance when he shoulda pong de ball de Brazilian place de ball right to the keeper then they couldn't capitalize on the rebound header.

Brazil's best play came in midfield, where they usually shine because of their excellent footwork, skill and balance enabling them to hold up the ball well and distribute under pressure.  They were disorganized...at best on defense, and totally shit dong deyself on offense save fuh ah luck, albeit hustle goal by Lima.  Fuh you to sit there and even try and mouth the claim that the game was evenly played says two things:  like many Trinis you tend to get captivated by pretty dancing and dribbling when in reality man ent doing ah damn thing with the ball.  Secondly insistence on crediting Brazil where credit is undeserved is to slight the Americans for swinging above their weights in this game (although you wouldn't know by watching them play this tournament) and taking the game to the Brazilians.

But anyways enuf long talk...no matter, the better team won. Who eh like it could suck salt.  8)

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2007, 10:03:38 PM »
supa want milk.

u 2 big for dat boy.

:rotfl: :rotfl:. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2007, 10:09:35 PM »

Very balanced my ass, clearly it have something in de water in Trincity dat clouding your judgement.  Creating "openings" doh mean ah blasted thing if yuh ent do shit wid de openings...they barely had legitimate shots, save for those that Jo put on goal.  Man swinging dey foot wild wild going fuh six when four would suffice...then on the late chance when he shoulda pong de ball de Brazilian place de ball right to the keeper then they couldn't capitalize on the rebound header.

Brazil's best play came in midfield, where they usually shine because of their excellent footwork, skill and balance enabling them to hold up the ball well and distribute under pressure.  They were disorganized...at best on defense, and totally shit dong deyself on offense save fuh ah luck, albeit hustle goal by Lima.  Fuh you to sit there and even try and mouth the claim that the game was evenly played says two things:  like many Trinis you tend to get captivated by pretty dancing and dribbling when in reality man ent doing ah damn thing with the ball.  Secondly insistence on crediting Brazil where credit is undeserved is to slight the Americans for swinging above their weights in this game (although you wouldn't know by watching them play this tournament) and taking the game to the Brazilians.

But anyways enuf long talk...no matter, the better team won. Who eh like it could suck salt.  8)
You win.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2007, 10:20:44 PM »

You win.

Jah Gol, I am glad when you recognize superiority and acquiesce to it
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2007, 10:23:37 PM »
Brazil isn't dat good this time around..they come in with reputation, but i like how the other teams didnt give them much respect.
Things woulda been different if Korea (who i thought was the most exciting team i seen so far) did score some of their early chances against Brazil.

USA playing pretty decent team football but I backing Spain, Mexico, Argentina and Japan to make the semis.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2007, 11:56:36 PM »
I just N. Korea get screwed by the linesman vs Argentina.
Then they trow away all the other chances they had in the end lol.
N. Korea played like they mean business.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
US U20 vs Brazil U20
« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2007, 04:16:30 AM »
http://www.fifa.com/u20worldcup/matches/round=249401/match=58861/summary.html

Adu like he trying for the summer transfer window...Man real lighting it up

I doh know what going on with Brazil teams this summer...that go be some serious shame if they get lput out in the first round  :(

edit : sorry didn't find the original thread
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 06:06:28 AM by Midknight »
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2007, 05:53:44 AM »

You win.

Jah Gol, I am glad when you recognize superiority and acquiesce to it
I didn't acquiesce to superiority. Apparently he saw a different game. BnS claims that the US was the obvious head and shoulders better team in the match last night. I saw Brazil U20 v US U20 and couldn't come to that conclusion. Clearly I can't change his mind especially since according to him :

like many Trinis you tend to get captivated by pretty dancing and dribbling when in reality man ent doing ah damn thing with the ball.

by the way
These were the stats on the game

US                       Brazil

13        Shots          23
7          Corners        4
3       Yellow Cards    2
51 %   Possesion     49 %

My claim was and still is that the game was very balanced. I would give Brazil the edge because they created more openings.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2007, 06:30:54 AM »
Jah Gol I'm fairly sure Pecan was being flippantly sarcastic with regard to his acquiesce comment directed at BnS...because he and BnS had a lil 'scuffle' in ah nex thread

Yuh know bakes does drop it lil arrogant an ting...it does add to de flavour of the board

What I want to see is Berris v BnS..man go need better snax than mayby and popcorn for that clash

Unfortuantely since Berris come back he eh battlin everybody no more....he seem to come back for only ONE poster in particular
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2007, 06:32:28 AM »
Jah Gol I'm fairly sure Pecan was being flippantly sarcastic with regard to his acquiesce comment directed at BnS...because he and BnS had a lil 'scuffle' in ah nex thread

Yuh know bakes does drop it lil arrogant an ting...it does add to de flavour of the board

What I want to see is Berris v BnS..man go need better snax than mayby and popcorn for that clash

Unfortuantely since Berris come back he eh battlin everybody no more....he seem to come back for only ONE poster in particular
I don't know what it is does make sarcasm so hard to read.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 07, 2007, 06:52:40 AM »
we need a sarcasm emoticon...de rollin eye fellah eh wukkin
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 07, 2007, 06:55:20 AM »
USA are a good team with a balanced defense & attack, plus they have one special player in form.
Brazil are very individual and when things not going their way they abandon their game plan
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 07, 2007, 08:01:29 AM »
USA are a good team with a balanced defense & attack, plus they have one special player in form.
Brazil are very individual and when things not going their way they abandon their game plan

The USA's defence and goalie are  that much better than Brasil's.  That outweighs the fact that Brasil's 2 special players re better than USA's own.

It didn't help Brasil that they didn't take their chances.  At this level, the main difference between teams is finishing.  It's why Argentina beat People's Republic of Korea etc.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 07, 2007, 08:29:20 AM »

I don't know what it is does make sarcasm so hard to read.

yeah .. scarcasm is a virtual reality had to make out .. but Dutty right ...  I was trying to be sarcastic and  i thought your response "You win" was perfect.

Dutty . de Berrs vs ONE battle boil dong like baghie after de mods delete de ONE venomous post ..
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 07, 2007, 01:24:04 PM »
well yes, i read all this commentary about the game and tv 6 now showing over the game.

To the men who say that the US were the better team, allyuh hadda be smoking KND bush weed.
I am amazed that someone could actually make a statement like that.

Stats say one thing, and results, which are the important thing, says something too.

but this argument is not about winning, its about the scary fact that people could watch a game like that and say the US play better then Brazil.

This game was almst like T&T vs Honduras a few years ago in Honduras when we beat them 1-0.

Total one way traffic.

Is was like men vs Boys in this game.

9 out of 10 times, Brazil will win this game.

They just couldnt get the ball in the net in this game.

Jo is pure poison. Lord, that man have touches.

Altidore is aight.

Adu is a boss.

Allyuh men on this site good oui.

All USA do was score their couple chances, and play on the break.

Brazil control the game right thru.

Remember we not discussing who actually win the game, and how winning is the objective, we discussing who are the better team.

Being a better team means u attack and defend impressively as a unit. The US are very good defending as a team, maybe better than Brazil, but like T&T, they cannot attack as a unit.

In midfield, they were made to look almost non existant vs Brazil.

Better team my ass!

The US played good defense, were lucky, and played to their limitations. Just like T&T last year in the WC.

For years I have seen T&T run all over Jamaica, home and away, and still end up getting edged out at the final whistle.

As our messiah Beenhakker said: The better team doesnt always win in football.

1]; } ?>