June 25, 2024, 11:23:39 PM

Author Topic: Brazillian Ronaldo suffers serious injury...again  (Read 12199 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Brazillian Ronaldo suffers serious injury...again
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2008, 01:27:18 PM »
ponnox like a typical trini yuh take things outta context or misinterpret

from the start i never said ronaldo was shite, never, who knows what his career stats migth have been had he not suffered injuries like he has.

but to be amongst the greats i will still say there is no greatest, (big fan of pele, but i doh like maradonnas on and offfield antics) maybe there is still to come a micheal jordan of football one who surpases all others before and the world awaits...the other ronaldo might just might do that, but in todays game you have to be a child star and deliver for the rest of your career.

do not cry down thierry, do not cry down bergkamp, as the pros i garantee these guys rank in their greatest list

still waiting on a manu fan to back me up on george best or are your manu backing days limited to ferguson era?

Damian why yuh doh just ease off this argument and focus on whether or not yuh boys going to deliver this evening or put down the kinda pile they did in the FA Cup.....ah feel yuh lil nervous.... ;D

Doh study it though, we get a lickin' yesterday (valuable away goal nevertheless)....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2008, 01:31:10 PM »
duane, ole time midfield lynch pin, is dat you?

i feel we in opposite world after liverpool game plan was to get materazzi eliminated from the tie.

manchini whoops, but i think the return leg wil be interesting.

quietly confident i shall remain, no one tell me a think i watching the game delayed on espn tonight

as fuh d pile tis better to pruge once or twice in  season than for an entire season

purge out the bad n bring on the ac
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 01:33:12 PM by GunnerStunner »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2008, 01:32:16 PM »
Thierry?

steups.. what did he ever do in the international game for France?

Yes he was dominant in the EPL for Arsenal, but never see him shine big time in one game for France..

And if you calling Bergkamp name.. Exactly how long is this list of greats that you say Ronaldo and Bergkamp and Henry would belong to?

Adebayor on that list too?   ;)

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2008, 01:34:31 PM »
Thierry?

Yes he was dominant in the EPL for Arsenal, but never see him shine big time in one game for France..

And if you calling Bergkamp name.. Exactly how long is this list of greats that you say Ronaldo and Bergkamp and Henry would belong to?

don't be a pretensious jackhole

um one thing thierry did?......
 score the goal on brazil that put them into the finals, thanks to one r carlos pulling up he stockings

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2008, 01:46:21 PM »
Thierry?

score the goal on brazil that put them into the finals, thanks to one r carlos pulling up he stockings

would you credit that goal to henry's genius or to a roberto carlos lapse?? just wondering..

He never dominate nothing on the international level... His international career doesn't make for any special mention..

Ronaldo on the other hand has destroyed oppositions at all levels of the game.. Just in case you not sure, go browse youtube for 'Ronaldo Brazil' and 'Henry France' then see what the search drums up..

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2008, 06:23:35 AM »
Thierry?

would you credit that goal to henry's genius or to a roberto carlos lapse?? just wondering..

He never dominate nothing on the international level... His international career doesn't make for any special mention..

Ronaldo on the other hand has destroyed oppositions at all levels of the game.. Just in case you not sure, go browse youtube for 'Ronaldo Brazil' and 'Henry France' then see what the search drums up..

are you serious? you playing a competitive match yuh opponent makes a judgemtn error, and you capitalise, and you say is more carlos error then thierry genius? bro watch thierry goals he's wait for the nano second an oppoent gives half an inch and he makes you pay. and guess what he can do it to

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2008, 08:43:48 AM »
GunnerStunner if you seriously trying to compare Thierry Henry and Ronaldo I think you should just stop right now...Thierry Henry although a great player is nothing to Ronaldo...Ronaldo will be remembered as literally unstoppable in his prime and even when he wasn't in his prime a goal scoring machine...Henry will be remembered as a great player but none of the above...I done killa

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2008, 08:48:02 AM »
I don't know what y'all talking about nah. If I recall France 98 was a coming out party for Henry and I didn't they win the World Cup – the biggest international tournament that exists – that year?

I'd take R9 over Thierry any day too but there's no need to bash Henry.
Y'all seem to think that the only way to big up one player is to bring down another.

Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2008, 09:11:53 AM »

2/21/2008 8:01 AM
Ronaldo: I Will Return Within Nine Months
Crocked star Ronaldo has confided to former Real Madrid team-mate Julio Baptista that he will return to the field within nine months.
»Comments Print This Story Send To A Friend Contact Us
 galleria zoom    El Fenomeno ruptured the tendon in his knee during last week’s match with Livorno, and was forced to undergo surgery.   

The striker has been told by doctors that he will be out of action for at least nine-to-twelve months, although many people believe he will be lucky if he ever plays again.   

Ronaldo seems very determined to make a quicksilver recovery and is reported to have told ex-Real Madrid team-mate Julio Baptista that he is hoping to take to the field within nine months.   

"I want to return to the field quickly,” said Ronaldo.   

“I can do it before the nine months predicted by the doctors."   

If this proved to be the case, then there is the possibility of seeing the 31-year-old in action before the end of the 2008 calendar year.   

However experts believe that a more realistic comeback date will be at the beginning of the 2009/10 season.   

Roberto Rossi
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2008, 09:16:19 AM »
Dat is all he need, the will to play again.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2008, 11:52:46 AM »
I don't know what y'all talking about nah. If I recall France 98 was a coming out party for Henry and I didn't they win the World Cup – the biggest international tournament that exists – that year?

I'd take R9 over Thierry any day too but there's no need to bash Henry.
Y'all seem to think that the only way to big up one player is to bring down another.

thank you

not once had i brought down ronaldo and the thread proves it was another who threw thierrys name into the ring of greats

as far as i  am concerned both are deserving to be called greats neither is "better" than the other its all relative to what you quantify and qualify the context

giggsy11

« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2008, 01:17:07 PM »
This is not a put down of any player that ever played for Arsenal, but Ronaldo in his prime was better than any Arsenal player was in their prime. Ronaldo was successful in any league he played in from a young unlike a certain Frenchman, who only became a success in the EPL but still catchin he arse to geh some kind of consistency in La Liga and failed miserably in Serie A.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2008, 11:35:00 AM »
AC Milan striker Ronaldo undecided on future after knee injury and surgery
By SAMUEL PETREQUIN, Associated Press Writer

PARIS (AP)— Three-time World Player of the Year Ronaldo is unsure whether he’ll be able to play after needing surgery to repair a ruptured tendon in his left knee.

“Physically it will be difficult and mentally it will be very difficult,” said Ronaldo, who was released from the Pitie-Salpetriere hospital on Friday after undergoing surgery a week ago.

Hospital officials said the operation went well, but the three-time FIFA player of the year said it was too early to tell if he would return to the field. Ronaldo is not expected to play again for at least eight or nine months.

“I have not decided what should be done,” said the 31-year-old Brazilian striker. “My will is to keep on playing. My heart tells me this, but my body is showing me signs that it’s tired, that it is asking for rest.”

Ronaldo was injured in AC Milan’s 1-1 draw with Livorno in the Serie A last week.

The top-scorer in World Cup history with 15 goals for Brazil, Ronaldo had a 2-hour operation at the end of last week and followed that with eight days of physical therapy.

“If, at the end, I am back in shape physically and I can play, so much the better,” Ronaldo said. “Otherwise, it will be a difficult decision to take, but that will be the decision.”

He has played only sporadically since joining Milan a little more than a year ago, but his scoring rate of nine Serie A goals in 16 starts showed that— when fit—he had lost none of his finishing skills.

Ronaldo scored twice in a 5-2 win over Naples on Jan. 13, where his play with 18-year-old Brazilian Alexandre Pato had Milan fans dreaming of things to come.

He lost his place in the Brazil team after the 2006 World Cup, but managed three goals during the competition to increase his international total to 61 in 97 games.

Ronaldo has sustained serious injuries throughout his career, and eight years ago had a career threatening right-knee injury when playing for Inter Milan. He missed the following season, but came back strong at the 2002 World Cup, guiding Brazil to its fifth title with eight goals, including two in the final against Germany.

The match against Naples was only his fifth in the Serie A this season after injuring his thigh during preseason training on July 31. He returned in November, but has been in and out of the lineup because of a series of recurring problems.

“I must first win the battle with my body,” Ronaldo said. “I regret it has happened this way with AC Milan. I want to thank all my teammates, all the people who supported me.”

Eric Rolland, the doctor who operated on the knee, said Ronaldo faces a long road back.

“The end result is 50 percent the operation, and 50 percent the therapy that will follow,” Rolland said. “Anything can happen in the next three months, as surgery is not an exact science.”

Ronaldo’s contract expires on June 30, putting Milan in a tough position.

“It is not now that I can think about my contract,” Ronaldo said. “I am not asking myself whether I can continue to play with Milan or with other teams in Europe. My mind is not on that. But my dream is to finish my career with (Brazil’s) Flamengo.”

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2008, 12:40:51 PM »
yay!

oh joy! i am so happy! i can finally sleep at night! hurry back fat boy!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2008, 12:56:30 PM »
yay!

whey pardnah. i understand a lil picong and ting, but one thing ah like about this site is anytime anybody in the football community fall down, is only blessings does pass, even if yuh never meet the individual or they have nutten to really do with you. u sound like u real glad de man mash up. say wha. to each his own

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2008, 02:54:08 PM »
yay!

whey pardnah. i understand a lil picong and ting, but one thing ah like about this site is anytime anybody in the football community fall down, is only blessings does pass, even if yuh never meet the individual or they have nutten to really do with you. u sound like u real glad de man mash up. say wha. to each his own

not glad he mash up at all but a third time aint lucky, nto like what was dealt out to eduardo

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2008, 03:24:43 PM »
yay!

not glad he mash up at all but a third time aint lucky, nto like what was dealt out to eduardo

well look ting. yuh clowning on a player who have a potentially career ending injury, but want to act like is a tragedy when it happen to ah Arsenal player  ::)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2008, 03:36:38 PM »
yay!

well look ting. yuh clowning on a player who have a potentially career ending injury, but want to act like is a tragedy when it happen to ah Arsenal player  ::)

:whistling:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2008, 05:18:19 PM »
yay!

nah that sorta thing if happened to nani ronaldo rooney drogba lampard jones carlos tinto oliver etc ANY footballer pro or not is not acceptable full stop muscle tendon failure is part of life by physical abuse on another in a professional sporting arena just aint on

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 23, 2008, 06:29:33 PM »
yay!

nah that sorta thing if happened to nani ronaldo rooney drogba lampard jones carlos tinto oliver etc ANY footballer pro or not is not acceptable full stop muscle tendon failure is part of life by physical abuse on another in a professional sporting arena just aint on

hey..even i admit that it sadder to see that happen to a young baller than one who was in the twilight of his career. but a serious injury, no matter what the cause is a sad thing. i just think there is a time and place for everything. I and all make fun of Ronaldo and his fat self, but not in this thread. Dis is a thread to vibes de man up and maybe even pay some respects to a career that get called. But like I said..to each his own  :beermug:

1]; } ?>