June 25, 2024, 11:39:55 PM

Poll

Has Ronaldinho joined Pele and Maradona as the best player in his era?

Yes
25 (47.2%)
No
28 (52.8%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: Ronaldinho Thread  (Read 210202 times)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Re: what gone wrong with R10?
« Reply #720 on: April 02, 2008, 06:50:46 PM »
de man tryin ah KJ.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: April 02, 2008, 07:46:44 PM »
the man christen it  ah KJ oui

i am ah barca fan but if hiis going to another club means him getting back  2 his old self then i am all for it. i am a bigger fan of attractive and happy football
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: April 02, 2008, 07:51:37 PM »
to much sauce.... ;D
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: April 02, 2008, 08:02:54 PM »
Ah was askin meh self when was the last time a brazilian player big name player who was rated as tops dominated the scene for more dan one or two years? Kaka, Dinho, Adriano, to name a recent few. Could it be Cafu or Ronaldo?

Good call on Cafu ...in his Roma and early Milan days, doubt there was anyone better in his position

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: April 02, 2008, 08:47:24 PM »
the man christen it  ah KJ oui

i am ah barca fan but if hiis going to another club means him getting back  2 his old self then i am all for it. i am a bigger fan of attractive and happy football
true why cry over spilt milk. ;D

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: April 04, 2008, 07:13:41 AM »

4/4/2008 8:43 AM
Ronaldinho Misses Training AgainRonaldinho missed training again on Friday and now looks very doubtful to be considered for a place in Barcelona's squad for the visit of Getafe this weekend.
The Brazilian officilly pulled out of the behind-closed-doors session because of a recurrence of pain in his right leg, the same injury that has seen him miss the last five games.

After training as normal on Thursday with the rest of the squad, Ronaldinho advised the coaches that he would not be present and reported to the club's medical team.

There was more bad news for Frank Rijkaard as Deco is set to undergo more tests on the injury that he aggravated on Thursday in training, but is definitely not able to play on Sunday.

It was hoped that by missing the game against Schalke 04 in midweek, the Portuguese midfielder would be ready to face Getafe, but the latest setback has ruled that out.

Gaby Milito also did not participate in the session on Friday as he still has a groin strain, even though that did not stop him playing in the Champions League game in Gelsenkirchen.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: April 04, 2008, 08:17:00 AM »
Ah was askin meh self when was the last time a brazilian player big name player who was rated as tops dominated the scene for more dan one or two years? Kaka, Dinho, Adriano, to name a recent few. Could it be Cafu or Ronaldo?

Good call on Cafu ...in his Roma and early Milan days, doubt there was anyone better in his position

It's an extremely rare player who can dominate the scene for more than two or three years. They may maintain a very high level over many years and even fade a little then recover so that they have more than one spell at the top of their game, but year in year out it is hard to call a player who was consistently the best for years on end. In terms of the more recent Brazilians (post WC1994), I would call players like RCarlos, Rivaldo, Cafu and Ronaldo as the ones who hovered amongst the best of their trade for many years. They didn't always dominate, but they were consistently in the highest bracket for their positions. Too early to make that call on Kaka..he's had 2 stellar seasons followed by this one in which he hasn't played much due to injury. But its not like he peaked and starting to fade..he actually now reaching his peak years (in theory). He also is loosely part of a generation that includes Messi and C. Ronaldo..with exceptional talents like Bojan and Pato coming up. It's unlikely he will look dominant throughout his career, but he probably has a few years left to be considered amongst the best. Being too harsh on Dinho..he has been playing at a very high level since WC2002 and we forget that it is the first 3 seasons at Barca that R10 destroy all comers. And in his 4th season when he was apparently poor he still scored somethng like 20 goals in the league..so even though we know he could play far better than he playing now..in terms of dominating the scene..R10 do it as long as you could really expect.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: April 04, 2008, 08:47:51 AM »
Unnecessary fight down is what gone wrong...The man is a boss...without him and Messi Barca doesnt have seem to have inspiration...I believe the man will have another one or two great seasons but the media and Barca have to come off his back for a while and let him do what he does best

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: April 04, 2008, 09:38:06 AM »
Unnecessary fight down is what gone wrong...The man is a boss...without him and Messi Barca doesnt have seem to have inspiration...I believe the man will have another one or two great seasons but the media and Barca have to come off his back for a while and let him do what he does best

Agreed....

Not saying his performances didn't flatten out a bit (afterall yuh can't expect a man to be producing magic day in day out with every touch of the ball)...but the criticism and the media hype around his struggles kinda help to put him in a sour light and I think it ultimately played a part on his confidence....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: April 04, 2008, 10:21:54 AM »

Media yes, Barca??? From what I have read Rjkaard & the players have been very supportive of Ronaldinho. With both parties pleading with the media to cut him some slack.
Now the Barca supporters may be another story, because Ronaldinho has been caught living up from all accounts. He needs to go on the down low if this is true. Remember people use to say the same about Diego & everyone made excuses for him & look what happened. I eh saying Ronaldinho doing anything unethical, I just saying he needs to be more responsible.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ronaldinho out 6 weeks
« Reply #730 on: April 04, 2008, 10:47:12 AM »
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ronaldinho out 6 weeks
« Reply #731 on: April 04, 2008, 11:02:34 AM »
seems like the man wasn't faking after all. Barca docs couldn't find what was wrong with him. and I doh think it is a cover up otherwise dey woulda just say out for the rest of the season..i think :-\

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: April 04, 2008, 11:32:10 AM »
seems like the man wasn't faking after all. Barca docs couldn't find what was wrong with him. and I doh think it is a cover up otherwise dey woulda just say out for the rest of the season..i think :-\

Same thing i wondering.....but...how come barca doctors couldnt pick it up?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: April 04, 2008, 11:32:31 AM »
The whole situation is bizarre
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: April 04, 2008, 01:05:48 PM »
 Observer I mean Barca admin and so on...His teammates on all accounts have stood behind him...He probably like to party a lil too much but the life of a footballer hard...They really should stop speculating about his future and all this junk and just let him work his way back to full fitness...Because with all that pressure on the man he liable to just do what he pleases instead of tryin to realize his full potential again...I int go lie Ronaldinho is the most creative player I see...in terms of creativity that is effective I don't think anybody would disagree that he is the man...Is guys like this does make the game Enjoyable....I mean when I could watch a UEFA champions league game and see intercol beat boooy...I sure to miss Ronaldinho while he out...mind you Barca is NOT my team in spain

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: April 04, 2008, 04:52:38 PM »
I hope for quick recovery. Phycal and Psychological.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: April 04, 2008, 05:23:44 PM »
He need to stop pressing de coach daughter.  Is ah ill omen to press de coach daughter. ;D

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: April 04, 2008, 05:56:16 PM »

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: April 04, 2008, 08:42:37 PM »
They said that he picked up the injury today (yesterday) so it wasn't the same "injury" he was claiming he had, but the doctors said he didn't. He now get injured.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: Chelsea Planning Ronaldinho Rejuvenation?
« Reply #739 on: April 05, 2008, 12:35:09 PM »
Berlusconi: We Are Waiting On Ronaldinho

AC Milan president Silvio Berlusconi has suggested that are club are just waiting to hear a response from Ronaldinho as to whether or not he will join up with the Rossoneri for next season.

Berlusconi has been a long time admirer of the Brazilian, having made numerous attempts to take him to the San Siro in recent years, and it looks like he could finally get his man if his comments in an interview on Italian television on Friday are to be taken seriously.

While the Spanish press was breaking news of the injury that will possibly rule Ronaldinho out for the rest of the season, Berlusconi was in front of the 'Mediasat' cameras, suggesting that Milan were close to completing a deal for the twenty-eight year old.

"We are waiting on Ronaldinho," he affirmed. We are hoping..."

Although Berlusconi refused to elaborate, Catalan daily Sport has taken the hand gesture that followed his words as indication that a deal is imminent.

Earlier in the week, the Spanish press stated that the player could invoke Article 17 of the game's laws that would mean that he could buy himself out of his own contract.

The interview comes just days after Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani met with Ronaldinho's brother and agent Robert de Assis for dinner, and although both parties suggested that the meal was simply a social affair, it seems that the wheels are in motion for Ronaldinho to play in the red and black of Milan next season.

goal.com

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Re: Chelsea Planning Ronaldinho Rejuvenation?
« Reply #740 on: April 06, 2008, 08:59:19 AM »
Angry Drogba’s Moves Closer To Chelsea ExitDidier Drogba has apparently fallen out with a number of team mates at Chelsea, which has moved him another step closer to a Stamford Bridge exit.

It has already been reported earlier in the season that Drogba was keen to leave the club following the dismissal of Jose Mourinho and that reality looks to be a step closer with news of further dressing room unrest in West London.

According to the News of the World, Drogba and Ballack clashed before Chelsea’s recent victory over Arsenal and the paper also claims the striker has rowed with both Claude Makelele and goalkeeper Peter Cech before the Carling Cup defeat to Spurs in February.

The striker has become increasingly frustrated at Chelsea this season and has often made his feelings very clear on the subject in various interviews. It is understood that he was very close to former manager Jose Mourinho and upset by the Portuguese’s departure from the club.

This has led to patchy performances all year by the striker as he has seen his season disrupted by firstly injury and then the African Cup of Nations. Chelsea have also bought in Nicolas Anelka, in what is seen as a clear sign that Drogba will not be at the club next season.

Certainly his body language at times hasn’t looked the best and in yesterday’s victory over Manchester City he was to be seen sitting darkly on the bench, his features hidden by a hat and his ipod firmly plugged into his ears.

The news will no doubt alert many of the top clubs to his services once again. Drogba has already been reported as being a target for both Milan clubs, Real Madrid and Barcelona and it is thought much might depend on both the asking price that Chelsea slap on their striker and also the summer destination of a certain Jose Mourinho. What does seem certain is that Drogba’s Chelsea career is nearing its end.

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ronaldinho To Milan For €30Million
« Reply #741 on: April 11, 2008, 05:30:30 AM »
According to both major Catalan sports papers Ronaldinho’s transfer to AC Milan is as good as done. Txiki Begiristain met Ernesto Bronzetti, acting for Milan, yesterday to discuss a transfer fee which is supposedly in the region of thirty million euros. Later Bronzetti met Ronaldinho’s brother, Roberto de Assis, to discuss personal terms, and in the evening De Assis was flown in Silvio Berlosconi’s personal jet to have dinner with Milan administrator Adriano Galliano.

Thirty million is more than was first expected in Barcelona but it seems that Berlosconi is desperate to make the move official as quickly as possible because on Sunday he is standing in the Italian presidential elections. For Barcelona it has been a love affair that had to come to an end, three very happy years followed by a slow decline. It’s a great shame but in the end I feel that Barça should be happy with the divorce settlement. All that remains is for the full extent of Ronnie’s ‘partying’ to be released in the Catalan press. I hope they at least wait until he has officially left the club.
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ronaldinho To Milan For €30Million
« Reply #742 on: April 11, 2008, 05:45:06 AM »
^^^^Source

Més que un club.

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: April 11, 2008, 05:48:33 AM »
pepper sauce ;D

its not an official news site, but from experience the info does be legit

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: April 11, 2008, 09:55:43 AM »
Iz about time Ronaldinho play for a big club. :)

Ah love meh Barca but AC Milan is de real ting.

I look forward to seein Ronaldinho, Kaka, Pato and Drogba :)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: April 11, 2008, 10:25:03 AM »
Just my view.....I think AC Milan will have to adjust their style of play greatly to accomodate Ronaldinho. I don't think this is a natural fit, as I see AC Milan as a systematica nd technical team, very structured. Ronaldinho (to me) needs a more "on the fly" team.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #746 on: April 11, 2008, 11:35:12 AM »
Ronaldinho

The Barcelona playmaker seems almost certain to join the Rossoneri after Milan Vice President Adriano Galliani revealed last night that a deal for both the Brazilian and Chelsea’s Andriy Shevchenko was as good as done.

"He is great,” said Pato, when asked about Ronaldinho’s probable arrival.

“I know he is, even if some people say otherwise without knowing him well.

“A slacker? Who says? He trains in Barcelona, you should check him every day before you judge. And also this year he has been plagued by injuries.

"As a person, finally, he is exceptional - like all the Brazilians that I've met since coming to Europe."

Paloschi 

Pato also had some words of praise for fellow teenage young gun Alberto Paloschi, as well as midfield bulldog Rino Gattuso.

"Paloschi is great, we already understand eachother, even though we've never played together before,” the Brazilian stated.

"I also love playing with (Rino) Gattuso. I watched him on TV at home in Brazil and now I am playing with him. On the field he is a fighter, but in training he is full of jokes."

goal.com

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #747 on: April 11, 2008, 11:40:20 AM »
All In An Evening's Work

Over the past week or so, reports in the Italian press have been strengthening that Ronaldinho will be signing for Milan. 

Last night sources in both Italy and Spain claimed that an agreement had been reached between all parties to take the Brazilian to San Siro, seemingly after Barcelona and Milan agreed a cut-price deal.

Onda Catalana Radio had claimed that Galliani flew to Barcelona yesterday and that a meeting took place between him, Ronaldinho’s brother and agent Roberto de Assis, middleman Ernesto Bronzetti and Barcelona director Txiki Begiristain.   

De Assis has since strengthened talk of an imminent transfer. 

“We only want to talk to Milan,” he had confirmed. “He [Ronaldinho] will either go there or stay at Barcelona.”

The Prodigal Son Returns

Meanwhile Milan have also been working hard to bring back old favourite Shevchenko back to the club - with bossed Silvio Berlusconi and Adriano Galliani keen to see their former favourite back in a red and black shirt.

The Ukrainian has had a miserable time since leaving to join Chelsea in 2006, and is reported to have made an emotional phone call to Carlo Ancelotti earlier this week, in which he coaxed the coach to re-sign him.

Chelsea are happy to offload him for a lot less than they signed him for, and it seems that the San Siro gates have been opened for him as well after Carletto gave the nod.

Galliani's Rubber Stamp

Galliani has confirmed that both deals are practically done.

“Ronaldinho and Shevchenko are 180 per cent Milan players,” he told journalists last night.

Both players are expected to cost just in excess of 20 million euros each.

goal.com

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: April 11, 2008, 12:01:48 PM »
the only sad thing is millan ant going to qualify 4 the champions league

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: April 11, 2008, 02:24:00 PM »
the only sad thing is millan ant going to qualify 4 the champions league

nah..the saddes thing is the fatman brocko. A woulda love to see Dinho, Kaka, Pato and Fatman take a run for the rossonerri

1]; } ?>