September 20, 2024, 11:37:57 PM

Author Topic: TTFF Press Release (06/12/08)  (Read 9739 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TTFF Press Release (06/12/08)
« on: June 12, 2008, 03:38:29 PM »
Press Release.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

June 12, 2008: Honourable Gary Hunt, Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs, in his post-Cabinet announcement today offered the use of the Hasely Crawford Stadium free of charge to the T&TFF for its World Cup Qualifying matches on the condition that there be no charge to the public. This “generosity” has once again displayed the Minister’s complete ignorance of the importance of the gate to sport in general and football in particular. In making the statement, the Honourable Minister must have felt that he was doing the T&TFF a huge favour by what may be perceived as a magnanimous gesture.

This from a Minister who, since his tenure, has not put one cent into the sport, whether this be for payment to coaches or to facilitate the participation of any of our national teams in qualifying or regional and international tournaments of which there have been over 10 to date or the organization of training camps or for airfare of any kind or for accommodation of any kind or general administration or even insurance, just to cite a few of the expenses that are borne by the T&TFF.

In case the Minister is not aware, gate receipts represent just one source of income for the T&TFF. In many cases, what the T&TFF charges for tickets at the gates does not even remotely cover the expenses associated with a match, far more to manage the affairs of the Federation and general development of football. Even if one were to take the Minister’s offer of free use of the Hasely Crawford Stadium seriously, will he pay for the security for the match? the two teams’ accommodation? the expenses related to match officials? the away travel for Trinidad and Tobago when they play the return game? and a host of other expenses? What manner of foolishness is this!!! For cheap publicity!!

Thank you, Honourable Minister, but no thanks. The Federation will continue to manage as best as it could without the “concession” from your Ministry. Until you demonstrate that you truly understand what sport is all about, or are willing to sit down and listen and negotiate in good faith with the Federation, the Federation will not be prepared to accept your offer, especially via the media.

What you have done, Honourable Minister, as far as the Federation is concerned, is to join the ranks of people like Jay Leno, Dave Letterman, Conan O’Brien and our own Tommy Joseph and Learie Joseph and the Federation and I will say more about this matter at a Press Conference specially called for this purpose at 2:00 pm on Monday June 16, 2008 at the Queen’s Park Oval, to which Press Conference you are specially invited to join us. At that Press Conference the public will also be informed of what monies you have given the Federation and its local coaches since you assumed office. See you there.

Signed
Jack Warner
Special Advisor
T&TFF
Cc: Trinidad & Tobago Football Federation
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 06:29:56 PM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF Press Release (06/12/08)
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 03:44:48 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Official TTFF Press release..

can an organization be any more unprofessional?  Fuentes, in all honesty, you doh feel shame to post this fish market tirade?

if yuh eh laugh yuh cry yes..

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 03:51:23 PM »
Boom shot.....handle that JW see how you manage.   :rotfl: :rotfl:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 05:32:25 PM »
Check it.....is a TTFF press release but the Special Adviser sign it and cc it to de TTFF....oh lord....ah love it!!! (copyright Andre Samuel)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 05:33:51 PM »
 :devil: why camps in sign it  :devil:
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 05:35:51 PM by Die.Hard.Warrior »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 05:37:41 PM »
Steups. Dis ugly vampiresque drama queen again.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 06:11:44 PM »
More politricks by the great JW.

Why de arse he ent tick-it or leave it

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 06:29:16 PM »
An Ode to Gary Hunt.....

Gary, indeed I am impressed with the tactical move made on your part on behalf off the ministry. Jack Warner does go off in such tyraids that he often contradicts himself to de point of retardedness.  Jack Warner has in the past expressed so emphatically that the gate receipts dont even cover the price of the ice in we cups at such an event but now it seems it covers a whole lot more. In addition I dont know how long the TTFF can continue to use their favorite disclaimer " The government hasn't put a dollar into sport" when clearly we have seen other press realeses suggesting otherwise. It seems that you do in fact care about the sport and the fans who attend and or simple sticking it to Jack/TTFF. In any case. Well done sir. Jack Warner may have mentioned his "other" costs but he negates the fact that the Stadium and to run it for such an event also isnt free so in effect you are extending a courtesy to the public via the TTFF.

I salute you and keep up the good work...

P.S. Obvioulsy when yuh piss off grandpa yuh have to be ready to take up de slack at a moments notice which i suspect that you are ready and willing providing that Jack and the other non-trinis are not involved. De Fans might not be ready to take back their football as was evident with you being booed and Jack applauded in de England game but sometimes yuh have to protect people even from themselves.

Bless.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008, 06:58:33 PM »

I wish Gary Hunt would come on the field at every game.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2008, 07:08:58 PM »

the only thing is that.........
the More-Ons would boo him
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2008, 07:15:29 PM »
If gates receipts are only one form of revenue for the TTFF what then are the other streams? Maybe Mr. Warner will care to elucidate so that then, the citizens of TnT, the stakeholders of TnT's football, may have an idea of the how the TTFF is run and whether or not their tax dollars should be invested in the TTFF.

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2008, 07:17:56 PM »
Hunt's suggestion was ridiculous in the first place. Putting aside the immaturity of JW's press release, the man has several points. Almost every FA in the world uses gate receipts to fund team expenses, not just the stadium fees. The notion of no rental fee = free games is absolutely stupid.

Hunt is a poor politician. Both him and JW do not have the interest of us in mind, they're just trying to score political points on each other.

The Ministry needs to remember that it administrates the Stadium with TAX PAYER'S money. It is not the Minister's stadium, this is our stadium. This is our national team and they have every damn right to get use of the stadium, and we have every right to see games at the stadium. Both parties need to drop their egos and stop mishandling this crap.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2008, 07:21:53 PM »
Hunt's suggestion was ridiculous in the first place. Putting aside the immaturity of JW's press release, the man has several points. Almost every FA in the world uses gate receipts to fund team expenses, not just the stadium fees. The notion of no rental fee = free games is absolutely stupid.

Hunt is a poor politician. Both him and JW do not have the interest of us in mind, they're just trying to score political points on each other.

The Ministry needs to remember that it administrates the Stadium with TAX PAYER'S money. It is not the Minister's stadium, this is our stadium. This is our national team and they have every damn right to get use of the stadium, and we have every right to see games at the stadium. Both parties need to drop their egos and stop mishandling this crap.

Hunt isn't a poor politician....the man is playing all fours and looking to heng a jack....

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2008, 07:23:45 PM »
Hunt isn't a poor politician....the man is playing all fours and looking to heng a jack....
That would be the sweetest thing for TnT Football
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2008, 07:29:47 PM »

I find allyuh getting lil swell headed calling the T&T public morons like we somehow know better than them or our opinion means more.  The man was rightly booed.  Let him come every game and get a dose.  Look at this last pappyshow offer....get serious nah man.  Even the journalists roasting the man for his foolish games.  What exactly is his goal...to bring transparency to sport...I THINK NOT.  It have a way to go about things and he is playing games.  When u tangling with JW u need to come good and Hunt is coming across as childish and disingenuous and all this is despite all the mistrust people already have of JW.  The public would side with Hunt if they thought he were serious but clearly he is on games.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2008, 07:38:43 PM »

I find allyuh getting lil swell headed calling the T&T public morons like we somehow know better than them or our opinion means more.  The man was rightly booed.  Let him come every game and get a dose.  Look at this last pappyshow offer....get serious nah man.  Even the journalists roasting the man for his foolish games.  What exactly is his goal...to bring transparency to sport...I THINK NOT.  It have a way to go about things and he is playing games.  When u tangling with JW u need to come good and Hunt is coming across as childish and disingenuous and all this is despite all the mistrust people already have of JW.  The public would side with Hunt if they thought he were serious but clearly he is on games.
well this "freething" ent sounding right....unless he has some sort of plan...but cant see it right now.
Everything Hunt had done before this was exactly what was needed to be done.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 07:40:14 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2008, 07:43:00 PM »
well this "freething" ent sounding right....unless he has some sort of plan...but cant see it right now.

Bringing a new contract days before a match?  Not at all.  He could have easily said after the England game new contract agreements would be put in place for all sports.  Instead he turned it into a fiasco.  Nothing positive came out of that for anyone invloved.  It was a big joke at the nation's expense.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2008, 07:45:22 PM »

Bringing a new contract days before a match?  Not at all.  He could have easily said after the England game new contract agreements would be put in place for all sports.  Instead he turned it into a fiasco.  Nothing positive came out of that for anyone invloved.  It was a big joke at the nation's expense.
what New contract??
Hunt was ensuring that the spirit of the original contract would be followed and that he was not goin to receive the $3,000 that the TTFF was accustomed to paying
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 07:47:08 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2008, 07:52:41 PM »

Yeh what new contract. It sounded to me that the use of the stadium was offered free for this game. Thats not a contract. Should he offer it for free for every game? Also show me the expense injustice to the nation as a result of them being able to get in for free? 300 x 26000 = 7.8 mill savings it looks like to me.

Unless de D stands for Daryn im a little confused by your response.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2008, 08:03:23 PM »

While I agree with this point, TTFF means Trinidad and Tobago first... The blasted TTFF has an obligation to the TAXPAYERS also dont they? If your correct we paying double for we own stadium. We paying for it (is we own) then we must pay to get into it...  I not dissin the program but enough is enough with this crappy FA or FF as it is in our case. I will now rename it "the JWFF". who doh like it can go jump off Lacano bridge.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2008, 08:04:30 PM »

Since you explain how Hunt on games, care to explain what JW did or said to show he not on games?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2008, 08:12:13 PM »
Both of them on Games. Jack start it and Hunt get tie up stupid.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2008, 08:38:10 PM »
Since you explain how Hunt on games, care to explain what JW did or said to show he not on games?

That is the justification for playing the fool?  A government Minister's handling of the people's business is to share a pappyshow stage with JW?
Look let him come on the field again so the people can tell him what they think about all this theatre.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2008, 08:42:21 PM »
Both of them on Games. Jack start it and Hunt get tie up stupid.

Good point , Hunt getting drawn into Jack trap.
 The big games will beplayed in the OVAL and if we get in trouble with the qualifiers it simple enough to pass the blame onto Hunt the .unt
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2008, 08:43:12 PM »
lemmeh ask allyuh dis..how many of those people who boo Hunt will be at the Bermuda game????

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2008, 08:43:32 PM »

That is the justification for playing the fool?  A government Minister's handling of the people's business is to share a pappyshow stage with JW?
Look let him come on the field again so the people can tell him what they think about all this theatre.

Completely agree. Age old saying, two wrong don't make a right. Stooping to someone's level doesn't make you look any better. This is entirely unprofessional, contrary to everything Mr Hunt has been insisting he's being doing. I don't think it will be very effective either.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2008, 09:04:40 PM »
All yuh 4 get kicksin in Parliament dem fellas is, was and would neva b serious dat is y we in d state we in.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2008, 10:38:29 PM »
:devil: why camps in sign it  :devil:

Camps can't write. He's a dog...

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

anyway this letter real chupid.  I gonna buff Shaun "Fido" Fuentes for following them garbage.  He parents teach him better than that

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2008, 11:40:19 PM »
I cannot believe the amount of fuckery I reading in this thread.

I will address the nonsense one dotish piece at a time

This from a Minister who, since his tenure, has not put one cent into the sport, whether this be for payment to coaches or to facilitate the participation of any of our national teams in qualifying or regional and international tournaments of which there have been over 10 to date or the organization of training camps or for airfare of any kind or for accommodation of any kind or general administration or even insurance, just to cite a few of the expenses that are borne by the T&TFF.

This is addressed to Mr. Warner...or he can let his lapdog issue another "Press Release" in his own name:  How much money has Berlusconi given the FIGC??  How much money has Gordon Brown given the English FA??  How much money has George Bush given the USSF????  Wait...how much is that you say..ZERO??  Right you are.  Why?? Because any assistance the government lends to a PRIVATE entity is a privilege not a right.  This is what these fools who want to boo Hunt are forgetting.  This is what the fools in this thread...who support the fools who want to boo Hunt are forgetting.  You complain that Hunt hasn't given one cent (in the 3-4 months) since he's been Minister of Sport...yet the monies already given to you by the previous Minister of Sport, you continually fail to account for?  Is the government of Trinidad and Tobago your personal money tree that the Min. of Sport should continuously hand over money that belongs to the citizens of this country to your corrupt, inefficient, cabalistic black hole of an organization... and then we cannot inquire of you how OUR money was spent?  Get the fuck out of here.

In case the Minister is not aware, gate receipts represent just one source of income for the T&TFF. In many cases, what the T&TFF charges for tickets at the gates does not even remotely cover the expenses associated with a match, far more to manage the affairs of the Federation and general development of football. Even if one were to take the Minister’s offer of free use of the Hasely Crawford Stadium seriously, will he pay for the security for the match? the two teams’ accommodation? the expenses related to match officials? the away travel for Trinidad and Tobago when they play the return game? and a host of other expenses? What manner of foolishness is this!!! For cheap publicity!!

Righto. 

So... since gate receipts by your own admission is negligible then you're not losing much by forfeiting said receipts right?  If what the Ministry of Sport is calling for in rent is too much for you to pay without carping about it, then it should be a nice even exchange... free rent, and in exchange you give up the peanuts you'd otherwise charge at the gates...sounds like a bargain, no?  Even if you charge the gate receipts, you'd still have to turn around and find money to pay the stipulated rent, find money to pay for security, the two teams' accommodation, expenses related to match officials, away travel....

So a simple line item exchange in the ledger... one negligible revenue stream, for one onerous (as you make it seem) expense item...should be a favorable trade off.  What's the issue??

Oh..wait, I get it.  You take the public fuh some ass (and clearly, judging from some of the responses in this thread...some fit the bill) and we not suppose tuh aks dem kinah educated question ent?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 12:24:00 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2008, 11:42:15 PM »
This is de heights (or is it depths) of unprofessional gutter snipe nonsense. A press release is meant to announce something to the general public via the press.

If you are addressing a letter to someone, address it to that person. Give a press release about what you are doing and the situation, and inlcude a copy of the letter sent as a matter of full public exposure. The letter itself cannot be the press release, you ass!

I am so fed up of this embarassment. The country is a laughing stock internationally. And no matter how well our footballers do, we will always be perceived as only there because of this unscrupulous character, not because we're talented. Ah fed up oui.

And Mr. Fuentes, I feel sorry for you. You are not a journalist, but little more than an admin assistant designated the duty of running press and propaganda interference. I am sure you once had dreams of being a great journalist, writing articles, covering great events, etc. But you cannot in all honesty say that you are enjoying what you're doing now.

Now allyuh see why I can't take this mutt seriously?  He should be shame to append his name to this tripe.

1]; } ?>