June 26, 2024, 08:53:09 AM

Author Topic: Why do Trinis Stand in the Stadium ?  (Read 7666 times)

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Why do Trinis Stand in the Stadium ?
« on: November 26, 2008, 12:35:53 PM »
Even when the stadium is half empty there are those who stand in the fire lane (aisle) . Why is this so ?
Why cant we obey the safety rules and do what is right ? When we went to Germany did we stand in the aisle and refused to move ?

Just wondering ?

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
Re: Why do Trinis Stand in the Stadium ?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 12:38:59 PM »
how else yuh go meet people

maybe 50% of people actually go to take eeennn the game

the others either come with the die-hard or company get tickets or just liming
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 12:40:20 PM »
everything is a lime in Trinidad.
Do we ever take anything 100% serious.

even elections is a fete.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 12:42:23 PM »
everything is a lime in Trinidad.
Do we ever take anything 100% serious.

even elections is a fete.

planning ah lime. yuh ever see how much detail does go into planning ah excursion? it even have ah backup palau

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 12:43:45 PM »
lol

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 12:48:12 PM »
y the idiots have to throw up their drinks and what ever in they hand whenever something happen? Real ppl does get hit on their head and possibly injured, not to mention that not everyone like to have alcohol on them! I does seriously consider to stop going stadium cause of this. If they want to drink thats fine, but dont throw your stuff on me. Even if is not alcohol, u still getting stink mouth people thing on your head, face and clothes etc.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 12:49:26 PM »
u still getting stink mouth people thing on your head, face and clothes etc.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

what if is a sweet red ting that eyeing yuh whole game?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 12:49:49 PM »
y the idiots have to throw up their drinks and what ever in they hand whenever something happen? Real ppl does get hit on their head and possibly injured, not to mention that not everyone like to have alcohol on them! I does seriously consider to stop going stadium cause of this. If they want to drink thats fine, but dont throw your stuff on me. Even if is not alcohol, u still getting stink mouth people thing on your head, face and clothes etc.

With all due respect, I don't believe public venues are the place for you.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 12:54:57 PM »
Even when the stadium is half empty there are those who stand in the fire lane (aisle) . Why is this so ?
Why cant we obey the safety rules and do what is right ? When we went to Germany did we stand in the aisle and refused to move ?

Just wondering ?

obey you say, like yuh forget eric say "massa day dun" and patos say man can pick n choose wuk!

whey d fire and police officers to engforce the code? the stewards? like you want jack to charge we 500 for uncovered to pay for all that

its wrong but what yuh expect guntas and baddis are warriors too

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2008, 01:16:43 PM »
This gets me real pissed everytime... 

I sit in covered so i have the best view of how stupid it really looks....  they line up on the railing and not like 1x1 lining up eh...its like 5 ppl in front eachother all the way around...

Trini's too harden...The PA insists they must find a seat or else the game will not play and maybe 10 of the thousands listen....  if it was me i was sending 50 fully armed swat police to just go up there and wield their guns and cuss and watch how fast they will sit...

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2008, 01:19:13 PM »

I sit in covered so i have the best view of how stupid it really looks....  they line up on the railing and not like 1x1 lining up eh...its like 5 ppl in front eachother all the way around...

Trini's too harden...The PA insists they must find a seat or else the game will not play and maybe 10 of the thousands listen....  if it was me i was sending 50 fully armed swat police to just go up there and wield their guns and cuss and watch how fast they will sit...

easy smalls...........army for a man to sit down ?

i think da is overdoing it :rotfl:
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2008, 01:22:39 PM »

lol well everything else not working... so time to get rough son

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2008, 01:36:51 PM »

lol well everything else not working... so time to get rough son

for real, once yuh shoot one or two, d rest will fall in line, lol

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2008, 01:42:59 PM »
Well I will heed the advice and plan for an excursion.

So, tell everybody it have a piece of paper stuck underneath dey seat.
At halftime, the number will be called and winner will be announced.
Have some sort of contest.
I sure you could get Toyota to give away a prize/ car if the person who number gets called can kick a ball in a small goal from halfline.
Kinda like the halfcourt shot in CB/ NBA.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2008, 01:54:36 PM »
Well I will heed the advice and plan for an excursion.

So, tell everybody it have a piece of paper stuck underneath dey seat.
At halftime, the number will be called and winner will be announced.
Have some sort of contest.
I sure you could get Toyota to give away a prize/ car if the person who number gets called can kick a ball in a small goal from halfline.
Kinda like the halfcourt shot in CB/ NBA.

well since the TTFF accounts for these people and sells tickets accordingly. nice idea but wont happen

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2008, 02:04:31 PM »
In Germany, I went and stand up in de aisle and jump up and wave meh flag until I get on the big screen... because I is ah never see come see!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2008, 02:06:45 PM »
In Germany, I went and stand up in de aisle and jump up and wave meh flag until I get on the big screen... because I is ah never see come see!

lol....long time i eh hear that

"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2008, 02:14:39 PM »

well is not like yuh couldve act like you've been there before.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2008, 02:20:05 PM »
Why we need to sit down? We pay we money so we could do what we want. If you want to sit and watch a game, go to the movies or somewhere. When you in the stands you have to stand and support all through the game.

I was going and say the same thing. Like them people who does go ah big bram and then don't want no one to touch them.

STAY HOME
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2008, 02:23:33 PM »
Why we need to sit down? We pay we money so we could do what we want. If you want to sit and watch a game, go to the movies or somewhere. When you in the stands you have to stand and support all through the game.

People stop sitting in the aisle to see sold out movies in TT?
since when?

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2008, 02:24:28 PM »
to get on tv
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2008, 02:31:55 PM »
they just show how all dem people in Bordeaux standing up in the aisles.
One man standing up on the fence.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2008, 02:35:34 PM »

I was going and say the same thing. Like them people who does go ah big bram and then don't want no one to touch them.

STAY HOME

no need to get on so brother.  I have my reasons for not wanting no alcohol on me. show a lil understanding nah b4 u open up u mouth about "big bram" etc
(Muslim)

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2008, 03:25:11 PM »
They dont!  At the game here in Chicago I was standing (just out of my seat) and I was asked to sit down even when it was still 0-0.   >:(

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2008, 03:29:21 PM »

STAY HOME

no need to get on so brother.  I have my reasons for not wanting no alcohol on me. show a lil understanding nah b4 u open up u mouth about "big bram" etc

Is not just about you brother is about all who saying sit down. You say what you have to, I say what I say.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2008, 03:34:47 PM »

Look how you get on here no one tell you to cool it. stueps

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2008, 04:07:20 PM »
Freedom of Choice- Happy Thanksgiving.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2008, 04:22:16 PM »
i actually like wen everything is thrown around wen a goal scores...shows the euphoria of the crowd...and well if yuh near me yuh probably will get soaked...all that jumping etc there is no way my drink eh spilling.
But i do hate the idiots who standing at the top whole game and making it hard at halftime to walk around. I always walk at the bottom until i reach where i want to go then go straight up the aisle from there..I doh even try walking around at the top
Back in Trini...

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2008, 04:25:33 PM »

STAY HOME

or sit in de covered section with Wazza. No drinks spill over there... right SM.
personally I dont care. I clean my Jeep so i can go play in the mud with it... so I can clean it again. ;D ;D
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2008, 04:26:41 PM »
remember when Stern score in a WCQ in 05 ... he score on the scoreboard side ... couldn't remember who we were playing, but it was a bullet.

He run towards the covered stands crowd to tell them to hush, since almost every man jack was boo-ing him for throwing away.

A man run towards him on the cycle track to give him a high-five ... stag in one hand, and hold the drink FAR from Stern to make sure he didn't knock down he drink.

Maybe we need to have more people like him in the uncovered stands. People who have respect for football and drinks at the same time.

1]; } ?>