June 22, 2024, 08:26:03 PM

Author Topic: Liverpool vs Chelsea  (Read 23618 times)

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
Re: Liverpool vs Chelsea
« Reply #90 on: February 01, 2009, 12:08:24 PM »
Riera shoulda never come back for that 2nd half
for once ah glad for Benayoun and the constant drifting inside
Rafa..next time please dont bring Babel on and give him the ball on the wing, let him go straight down the middle
i suprise we didnt see Lucas come on after we score lol
I will admit that Lampard card was harsh, i dont think it made much difference anyway, Bosingwa shoulda been sent off for that stamp, but maybe the ball was already out ah play(Juma check that on yuh Tivo)

a note on Fantasy Football..this man sub El Nino my captain and he on ah hattrick..steups
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2009, 12:10:03 PM »
The referee's match report for this game will be very interesting.

I waiting to see how the Refs Assoc defend this one.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #92 on: February 01, 2009, 12:11:14 PM »
Obviously that was frustration on the part of Boswinga, jed.....the more you talk, bake n shark, and cuss man and call dem all kinda chupidee, the more I am convinced that you really never got a feel of this game from within the boundaries.  Yuh clearly was a person from the sidelines right through  

So wait.... lol

Because ah man make ah nasty play out ah frustration dat make his irrational and emotional reaction understandable... he must not be criticized for it?  Dat's de biggest pile ah shit ever... surprising, even by your standards.

Yuh right doh... I never get ah feel of "this game from within the boundaries"... unlike professional ballers like you.

Who you played for again, starboy?

Like your f**kking rec league turns in goal count fuh something... lol
he mustbe use to play hopscotch lol
ent professional players should show some..ahm.. professsionalism and not let things get to them  ::)
Feliz

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #93 on: February 01, 2009, 12:12:43 PM »
Mods forgive meh but I didn't know which "forever" thread to post this in. The one for the shitty side or the one for the shittier side. Don't know which is which to bo honest.

Both sides need a win but Liverpool have Chelsea number. I predicting a Liverpool win because Rafa whole MO is to build a side to not get beat by Champions League teams.

I know Chelsea fans feel there has been a resurgence since the Old Trafford slaughter but they ent beat nobody good and they not looking good at all. Chelsea will be happy with a draw. Hopefully it is a 0-0 and I could get some Fantasy League points.
Bus driver...merge this thread  :D
stick it in the Liverpool thread since is we home game..plus we win!!  :devil:
Feliz

Offline Boodsy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 01, 2009, 12:13:09 PM »

liverpool is long overdue for the title again...ah just hope dey keep it up  :beermug:

keep up what? the race for 2nd place?

that aside....

torres real play today and deserved to score, and benayoun came in and had an immediate impact. Chelsea seemed to have lost he plot though, its like they don't have a clue anymore.

yuh realise dey only 2 point behind, right?....
(and yeah ah know manure still have a game in hand)

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 01, 2009, 12:14:14 PM »
piss poor goal keeping.

hard to stop el nino though

It hard to criticize Cech on dat one......Torres played an excellent header and he put it right where he was supposed to: down where it gives any 'keeper a world of trouble.  Chelsea did their best today and even though I can accept a certain amount of poor refereeing, I really think if mike riley had been more CONSISTENT with this game, the outcome woulda been different.....

cech tried to cheat on the cross. i know that cause i have done it b4 . doing that leaves your 1st post open, which according to the experts is where u r supposed to be. so cech was poorly positioned. hence the reason he couldnt stop the goal( the 1st 1 that is)

exactly cech's positioning was off for that goal had he been more center he would have had a better chance of saving...

As a chelsea fan..this one was hard to take...the red..wow...xabi was arguably more guilty of the 2 in a 50/50 in that he initiated the contact trying to kick the ball away from lampard...lampard's studs were up..buh it was not a straight red...

that being said chelsea weren't worth more than a point today but that decision heavily tilted the game in liverpool's favor bcuz chelsea..more llke alex..were actually doing enough to hold off liverpool...
boswinga should have been sent off in the end as well...

sigh...
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 12:15:45 PM by Arazi »

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 01, 2009, 12:18:32 PM »
I hope when Liverpool and Man U play - every man jack get send off.

giggsy11

« Reply #97 on: February 01, 2009, 12:18:43 PM »
Chelsea does be so useless sometimes.  >:(

Ah feel for yuh side today and for the season. They ruined a good thing and it appears that there is no long term or short term plan. Who runnning this ship?

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 01, 2009, 12:24:27 PM »
piss poor goal keeping.

hard to stop el nino though

It hard to criticize Cech on dat one......Torres played an excellent header and he put it right where he was supposed to: down where it gives any 'keeper a world of trouble.  Chelsea did their best today and even though I can accept a certain amount of poor refereeing, I really think if mike riley had been more CONSISTENT with this game, the outcome woulda been different.....

cech tried to cheat on the cross. i know that cause i have done it b4 . doing that leaves your 1st post open, which according to the experts is where u r supposed to be. so cech was poorly positioned. hence the reason he couldnt stop the goal( the 1st 1 that is)

Nah...look at it again...he was as first-post as he could have afforded to be....Torres make a lighning-quick move past Alex to head dat ball, jed.  Is really not much Cech coulda do dey.  

Obviously that was frustration on the part of Boswinga, jed.....the more you talk, bake n shark, and cuss man and call dem all kinda chupidee, the more I am convinced that you really never got a feel of this game from within the boundaries.  Yuh clearly was a person from the sidelines right through  

So wait.... lol

Because ah man make ah nasty play out ah frustration dat make his irrational and emotional reaction understandable... he must not be criticized for it?  Dat's de biggest pile ah shit ever... surprising, even by your standards.

Yuh right doh... I never get ah feel of "this game from within the boundaries"... unlike professional ballers like you.

Who you played for again, starboy?

Like your f**kking rec league turns in goal count fuh something... lol

No, Mr. know-it-all, it's not your criticism of Boswinga's "tackle" that makes you an out-of-touch jackass.  It's the fact that you was fighting down any and everybody that was calling Gerrard's play and riley's misjudging of it the way you was and then yuh commenting on Boswinga's bad call like is something.   You could never be humble or or wrong on aything.........as far as YOU are concerned. For starters, though, I have played for QRC, I have played amateur football in Texas, in the military, and yes,, in a number of rec leagues in and around the nyc area (and still playing well at my age).  Man doh have to be a professional to get the feel of a professional game, otherwise most of us on here should have no opinion.  However, what I see in you, is a person who couldn't even carry my rec jockstrap.....but as ah alwys tell yuh, ther's room enough in the world fuh jackass like you, too.          

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #99 on: February 01, 2009, 12:26:19 PM »
Because ah man make ah nasty play out ah frustration dat make his irrational and emotional reaction understandable...

But that is not very different from your rationalization for Gerrard "foul" being  a non-card.

He have a right to be pissed b/c he was fouled when the ball was knocked away from him in de first place... not fuh de uncalled foul he wouldn't have 'fouled' Malouda.

Anyway I just watch both incidents again Zapruder style. I wish I could grab and post video because the evidence is damning.

The Lampard Card
Lampard and Alonso was a 50-50. Both Lampard and Alonso went in full pelt from about equal distance. he ball was bouncing sideways toward the touchline while both players were were moving lengthwise across teh pitch to reach it. Lampard studs was up slide, Alonso was off the ground trying to belt the ball. Both of them could have gotten a yellow. You could even use the fact that Lampard win the 50-50 challenge as a mitigating factor in the decision. What make it look bad is that Alonso own momentum send him flying over Lampard and of course the curl up and hold his foot.

Now the Gerrard foul.

Gerrard loses the ball which rolls to Kalou. It was Kalou's ball. Gerrard runs full pelt and slides just to reach it while Kalou just stood up while it rolled to him. It was not a 50-50 ball, it was Kalou's ball. So much so that all he had to do was shift the ball to the side and side-step Gerrad who got none of the ball. Kalou was very nonchalant, didn't make a scene and barely left his feet. After Gerrad miss the ball he fly past Kalou by about 6 feet. Gerrard's studs were UP. It was what we typically call a "breakfoot tackle" not a 50-50 because the ball was all Kalou's.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #100 on: February 01, 2009, 12:29:53 PM »
yuh realise dey only 2 point behind, right?....
(and yeah ah know manure still have a game in hand)

You must be having a laugh.

This result, like Liverpool's Champion's league win, is a false dawn to make Liverpool fans believe that Rafa is the man. This is still the side that can't beat Stoke, Wigan, Everton or West Ham

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 01, 2009, 12:30:25 PM »
so i want to see if futher action would be taken against Bosinga?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 01, 2009, 12:32:38 PM »

Ah feel for yuh side today and for the season. They ruined a good thing and it appears that there is no long term or short term plan. Who runnning this ship?

I feel either Lampard, Terry or Ballack need to ride out. One of the first 2 I feel underminig the team.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 01, 2009, 12:33:59 PM »

If Boswinga gets in trouble for that ... then the authorities need to rewind the tape to the start of the match when Mascherano used a two foot, scissors, studs up tackle from the BACK on Mikel ... and then throw an elbow at Ballack in the same play when he get up.

that was a few minutes after Gerrard banged the ball into Bosingwa's stomach while Bosingwa was on the ground, AFTER the whistle had blown and the ball was dead.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #104 on: February 01, 2009, 12:35:13 PM »

I want to see when Lampard red getting rescinded like the one against West Ham last year

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 01, 2009, 12:36:44 PM »

If Boswinga gets in trouble for that ... then the authorities need to rewind the tape to the start of the match when Mascherano used a two foot, scissors, studs up tackle from the BACK on Mikel ... and then throw an elbow at Ballack in the same play when he get up.

that was a few minutes after Gerrard banged the ball into Bosingwa's stomach while Bosingwa was on the ground, AFTER the whistle had blown and the ball was dead.

unfortunately i didnt see those plays.  Nice try, trying to justify a man hitting a next man an upright stamp on he back.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 01, 2009, 12:37:06 PM »

I want to see when Lampard red getting rescinded like the one against West Ham last year

dont forget terry
(Muslim)

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 01, 2009, 12:42:09 PM »

unfortunately i didnt see those plays.  Nice try, trying to justify a man hitting a next man an upright stamp on he back.

I am not trying to justify anyone getting stamp in their back. Track back a few comments and you will see I commented that Bosingwa shouldve been sent off.

It happened in front of the linesman - who raised his flag for a foul ... and pointed in Chelsea's favour.

What I am saying is that if Bosingwa is going to get in trouble for that - which happened right under the assistant referee's nose ... then the more blatant stuff should not go unpunished.

Furthermore, the question of Lampard's red card being rescinded should rest on whether or not is was incorrectly administered.

I have not seen one valid arguement for why Lampard's actions warranted a red card today.

giggsy11

« Reply #108 on: February 01, 2009, 12:44:38 PM »
nice result...
i doh a want manure to to keep the title...
liverpool is long overdue for the title again...ah just hope dey keep it up  :beermug:

Long overdue my arse! Dey do anything to give themselves a chance tuh challenge for the title year in and year out since they last won it? I doh mind if they were in contention year in and year out but this the first time in years they actually this close tuh sniff the bamcee of the team ahead of them! And guess what they better take a nice long inhale because by the end of the season they will be to far behind tuh even know what it still smells like!

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 01, 2009, 12:48:36 PM »
Bosingwa should hav gotten sent off

Linesman blew because the Liverpool player was holding the flag (i think dat is a foul)

Lampard clearly won all ball and should not have been sent off. The ref is very respected, but sometimes you have to wonder why in alot of big games do refs have to play a big part in determining the outcome. In fairness Chelsea didnt play anything today, and Liverpool capitalised on them being a man down. Game was very physical and scrappy as expected.

On another note, Alex has shot blocking down to a science.

giggsy11

« Reply #110 on: February 01, 2009, 12:49:55 PM »

I feel either Lampard, Terry or Ballack need to ride out. One of the first 2 I feel underminig the team.

Ballack. Chelski should try playin with two mids and see what actually happens! Lampard is an overchiever as is Terry, and so they don't take anything for granted when they play. Bullocks just plays bullocks and his contribution is sparodic. He should be dropped once Essien return and you will see the difference once he regains fitness.
[/quote]

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 01, 2009, 12:50:33 PM »
On another note, Alex has shot blocking down to a science.

He had more saves than Cech in this game.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #112 on: February 01, 2009, 12:55:57 PM »

I saying it long time. Chelsea squad has poor balance. Deco, Lampard and Ballack all make their name

I don't understand this thing where your two best strikers are players that CAN't play together.

Something just has to be wrong with playing clearly inferior players like Kalou and Malouda while one of Anelka or Drogba has to be on the bench. If your players and squad that inflexible then you have problems.

Chelsea playing two "wide" players in support of a central striker but neither Malouda or Kalou would find their way into a top team as a starter. They missing Cole, missing Robben and missing Essien who is such a beast that he does hold it down in the middle and give width.

Hopefully when Essien come back they smart enough not to use him in Mikel's position.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #113 on: February 01, 2009, 01:00:55 PM »

I saying it long time. Chelsea squad has poor balance. Deco, Lampard and Ballack all make their name

I don't understand this thing where your two best strikers are players that CAN't play together.

Something just has to be wrong with playing clearly inferior players like Kalou and Malouda while one of Anelka or Drogba has to be on the bench. If your players and squad that inflexible then you have problems.

Chelsea playing two "wide" players in support of a central striker but neither Malouda or Kalou would find their way into a top team as a starter. They missing Cole, missing Robben and missing Essien who is such a beast that he does hold it down in the middle and give width.

Hopefully when Essien come back they smart enough not to use him in Mikel's position.

yeah you could clearly see that side missing Essien
the best i ever see Chelsea play was with Duff and Robben on the wings with Drogba striking, right now that side have no balance
i would say them have issues if they constantly playing Kalou and Maluda, is that the best they could buy?  ;D
Feliz

giggsy11

« Reply #114 on: February 01, 2009, 01:04:57 PM »

In terms of the two best strikers not being able to play together, apparently Anelka has not been willing to adapt his game to accomodate playing with Drogba. I read somewhere that he either did not get in a match or refused to change his position on the field to play with Drogba.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 01, 2009, 01:11:15 PM »
I don't understand Malouda starting. Beletti in front of him.

Kalou, I could understand ... a little. The man is like Stern. He will play shi!t 90% of the time. He will throw away 99% of the time - but he will score eventually. While I think he should be used exclusively as a sub, he deserved a start because he's scoring and Anelka is not scoring as freely as he was in the first half of the season.

Deco? .... wtf - I thought he wouldve taken part in this game since he had a pigeon sweat last game.

Mikel needs to be a little more aware of what is going on around him. Too many times he is trailing the play and second best to the ball. There was a quickly taken free kick situation in the first half, and he was busy remonstrating with the ref.

Carvalho in the back will move Alex to the bench, but hopefully Bosingwa could ride some pine for a while so that he could see what defending is all about, and not getting lost overlapping up the left flank.

Essien seems to be out longer than I thought. I fear for his match fitness when he gets back, but he's a beast. Wouldve loved to see him play in a physical game like today's.

At least they can still get it right in the CL .... we'll see how it goes.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 01, 2009, 01:16:13 PM »
In terms of the two best strikers not being able to play together, apparently Anelka has not been willing to adapt his game to accomodate playing with Drogba. I read somewhere that he either did not get in a match or refused to change his position on the field to play with Drogba.

No need for literature for this one. You can see clearly by the sulk and body language he displays, that he hates playing in a deeper or wider position when Drogba comes on the field.

Anelka was brought in last year to fill the void left by Drogba's long term injury. Added to the rumours that Drogba helped circulate about his impending move away from the bridge, it was understandable to get a replacement in the mold of Drogba.

I don't believe that Anelka has refused to play, but the psyche that goes with his overall demeanour when he has to shift to accomodate Drogba is not productive at all.

Drogba + SWP was a better combo than Drogba + Anelka.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #117 on: February 01, 2009, 01:18:10 PM »

Well Anelka kinda right in not wanting to play that midfield role that strikers like Kuyt and Kalou fall into. But what is wrong with playing two strikers up top.

I sure both Anelka and Drogba grow up playing football alongside somebody it can't be that alien to them. Chelsea will just have to be more positive and trust Lampard and Mikel to hold it down in the middle.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 01, 2009, 01:23:11 PM »
No, Mr. know-it-all,

I am no more "know-it-all" than you or anybody else on this board... I just happen to know a lot about plenty, no need for fake modesty where that is concerned.  Maybe yuh should check yuh li'l inferiority complex at the door next time before yuh log on.

it's not your criticism of Boswinga's "tackle" that makes you an out-of-touch jackass.  It's the fact that you was fighting down any and everybody that was calling Gerrard's play and riley's misjudging of it the way you was and then yuh commenting on Boswinga's bad call like is something.  

you have to be a Queen's Royal c**t to try and equate what Gerrard do Bosingwa's rash and deliberate disregard of sportsmanship on that play.

You could never be humble or or wrong on aything.........as far as YOU are concerned.

You starting to sound like ah real panty, with yuh personal grievances.  Yuh arms eh tired yet from toting arung all dat beef?

For starters, though, I have played for QRC, I have played amateur football in Texas, in the military, and yes,, in a number of rec leagues in and around the nyc area (and still playing well at my age).  Man doh have to be a professional to get the feel of a professional game, otherwise most of us on here should have no opinion.  However, what I see in you, is a person who couldn't even carry my rec jockstrap.....but as ah alwys tell yuh, ther's room enough in the world fuh jackass like you, too.          

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

...hilarious.  Sarah Palin once similarly claimed foreign policy expertise on account of her seeing Russia from her 'backyard'... I think we all know how much weight that argument carried.

Incidentally, I once scored a hattrick in high school... is dat enough "experience" fuh yuh, or did yuh crystal ball not allow yuh tuh 'see' dat about me?  De two touchdowns ah once scored in ah game muss mean I should be playing in de SuperBowl later today too.

:rotfl: ... allyuh men on here is de greatest yes.  But whatever allows yuh tuh relive yuh one or two moments of past glory yes dred, lol

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 01, 2009, 01:25:34 PM »
by de skin on they cock liverpool come away with victory today.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

1]; } ?>