June 23, 2024, 01:25:45 PM

Author Topic: Glen, Avery included in Warriors team, Stern John injured out.  (Read 9879 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Glen, Avery included in Warriors team, Stern John injured out.
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2009, 10:52:15 AM »
Me eh trying to cause no confusion but why everybody selecting dog when Keyeno Thomas has done nothing to lose his spot?  In fact, he performed very well against the US.  Nobody eh see dog play in forever but still we ready to anoint him as a starter. 

Come on lads....the man eh play international ball in like 3 years....at least let Keyeno "lose" his spot instead of "giving" dog a spot...Just now we go bring everybody from 2006 and put them on the field... steups...... 

I myself was wondering if there was something I miss, because i was there in Nashville and Thomas had a good game.

Really don't know what just cool talking about. Against the US it was Wolfe, Hislop and Akile Edwards who were the chief culprits. I feel he mixing up Thomas with Hislop.

Ah man should have to regain his spot and he can only do so when the man who replace him not playing up to par.  If dog start against CR, not only will I be surprised, then I will truly be concerned about Latas and this partner thing.  There is absolutely no way (unless dog is far superior in practice) that dog should play in front of Keyeno Thomas.  We keep bringing back ah bunch ah old men thinking that is the way to go.  What we really need is wing backs and from what I see Cyd and Avery are still our best options, however, I still feel in trini we have somebody else who could do the job.  We doh need a bunch ah 30 something year olds running against a set of early 20 year olds and expect to win....steups....
Breds, hold yuh peace! dog played more matches than kenyo thomas this yr and that's ah fact! plus kenyo was playing with a sore calf for months now, that's why he was subbed off in the U.S. game in the HSC, and el salvador, so to me he's more unfit and injury prone than andrews.

dog had surgery and was in rehab , then light training, and i'm sure he had to serve some reserve time before he saw 1st team action, so far the man had eleven 90 mins performances on ah higher level than kenyo.

and to top it off, dog is only 1 yrs older than kenyo thomas! kenyo is 32 and dog is 33, so that old man argument's in the toilet.

breds , dog knows the game better than thomas , plus he tango with costa rica and mexico many more times than him too, he knows those players well and has played against them time and time again, where as kenyo don't know them, and the most compelling argument, marvin reads the game better than kenyo and is ah much better aerial player than kenyo would ever be.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2009, 10:53:57 AM »
Whey sah no Stern.... Great.... leave Scotty, Glen and KJ to do the wuk...!

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2009, 10:54:58 AM »
Me eh trying to cause no confusion but why everybody selecting dog when Keyeno Thomas has done nothing to lose his spot?  In fact, he performed very well against the US.  Nobody eh see dog play in forever but still we ready to anoint him as a starter. 

Come on lads....the man eh play international ball in like 3 years....at least let Keyeno "lose" his spot instead of "giving" dog a spot...Just now we go bring everybody from 2006 and put them on the field... steups...... 

I myself was wondering if there was something I miss, because i was there in Nashville and Thomas had a good game.

Really don't know what just cool talking about. Against the US it was Wolfe, Hislop and Akile Edwards who were the chief culprits. I feel he mixing up Thomas with Hislop.
The 2nd and 3rd goals, thomas has tuh share blame in that, he allow altidor the space tuh come down the middle then the boy blow pass ah midfielder and lawrence had to over commit himself and got sexed big time.

the 3rd goal, bradley beat the offside trap, alkie hislop and lawrence gave chase, kenyo and  leon was making altidor who was standing still at the time of the break away, kenyo and leon allow altidor to join the attack when he was level with them, they just low him while they was crawling back, bradley had time pass the ball to donovan, donovan got a coupple of touches and square it back to the trailing altidore who had time get 2/3 touches and hit the shot and kenyo still didn't join the play, he totally spaced! and boom goal. caught out of position twice.

How you could blame Thomas for the 2nd and 3rd goals is beyond me but you are entitled to your own opinion.  We could argue that yes he should have ran back on the offsides goal but the second goal was all Makan Hislop my friend...absolutely poor positioning and technique.  Again, we could blame everybody but I disagree with your opinion.

Keyeno played well in that game partner....but calling for dog who I would guess most of us having seen play in 3 years is not a good sign.  Then again, maybe he'll prove me wrong.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2009, 10:58:50 AM »

Ah man should have to regain his spot and he can only do so when the man who replace him not playing up to par.  If dog start against CR, not only will I be surprised, then I will truly be concerned about Latas and this partner thing.  There is absolutely no way (unless dog is far superior in practice) that dog should play in front of Keyeno Thomas.  We keep bringing back ah bunch ah old men thinking that is the way to go.  What we really need is wing backs and from what I see Cyd and Avery are still our best options, however, I still feel in trini we have somebody else who could do the job.  We doh need a bunch ah 30 something year olds running against a set of early 20 year olds and expect to win....steups....
Breds, hold yuh peace! dog played more matches than kenyo thomas this yr and that's ah fact! plus kenyo was playing with a sore calf for months now, that's why he was subbed off in the U.S. game in the HSC, and el salvador, so to me he's more unfit and injury prone than andrews.

dog had surgery and was in rehab , then light training, and i'm sure he had to serve some reserve time before he saw 1st team action, so far the man had eleven 90 mins performances on ah higher level than kenyo.

and to top it off, dog is only 1 yrs older than kenyo thomas! kenyo is 32 and dog is 33, so that old man argument's in the toilet.

breds , dog knows the game better than thomas , plus he tango with costa rica and mexico many more times than him too, he knows those players well and has played against them time and time again, where as kenyo don't know them, and the most compelling argument, marvin reads the game better than kenyo and is ah much better aerial player than kenyo would ever be.

Point well taken...but having a knee injury and a calf injury is totally different.  What is the higher level of football, 2nd division or thereabouts in Scotland?  Just like men would say Spann playing a higher level of football...yeah right, higher level than Aranguez football league maybe?  I saw the video of dog and his lateral movement eh looking too good ,so I not really buying that.. But I will say this..Latas was based in Scotland and I'm sure to got good reports on dog, so I will give him the benefit of the doubt. 
Arimian to meh heart

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2009, 10:59:17 AM »

But have you seen Dog play any games since coming back from injury, and have you seen the level of opposition he was up against?? Or are you just going on some match reports and the plaudits of some partisan fans in the Scottish 2nd division?

Have you seen the practice sessions in Tobago where for all intents and purposes he's being evaluated from scratch? I dont know about you, but all i saw so far is a 3 minute clip where Dog was mis-trapping the ball and holding his knee. Hardly enough to base any kind of judgement on.

It really doh make no sense hotting up yuh head over players you read about in print, or haven't seen in years and clamoring for their inclusion. Ah see you bawling for Aguillera and Nigel Daniel as the flavor of the day.. Yuh ever see dem play?

From where I sitting, I think a fully fit Dog would be a blessing for our defence, but the truth is that NOBODY ON THIS SITE has yet given a trustworthy, realistic analysis of his present condition and form.

Our problem is not in central defence anyway, and Keyeno Thomas has been doing a good job and has a good partnership with Lawrence there. Best thing is to just let Latas make his choice and run with that.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2009, 11:05:32 AM »

Have you seen the practice sessions in Tobago where for all intents and purposes he's being evaluated from scratch? I dont know about you, but all i saw so far is a 3 minute clip where Dog was mis-trapping the ball and holding his knee. Hardly enough to base any kind of judgement on.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Arimian to meh heart

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2009, 11:06:52 AM »
The whole team full ah men who not sweating, spann, birchall, stern, yorke , daniel, latas. ah bet allyuh that andrews played more competative ball than those guys for the yr. while roberts and jaggy cyar dun sweat for their club but cyar get ah bligh!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 29, 2009, 11:15:31 AM »
2 things... I agree KJ has not shown anything for us in any of his games but the man is big ,strong and he has had  good games for his club in the past couple weeks...so if he can bring that into this game it would be great.and I really like Glen.. but I would say with Stern gone he is the starting forward...as far as Thomas I don't see how he not starting.. as man say before the man has  to lose he spot and if everybody thinks that because of the US game he should sit out...then the whole frickin team should be benched too...cause they all play sh!t!!!...ain't Lawrence get Dragged in the area like a school girl???...so he should be benched too??...be serious one game  doh mean anyone should automatically lose they spot...IMO

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 29, 2009, 11:16:28 AM »

But have you seen Dog play any games since coming back from injury, and have you seen the level of opposition he was up against?? Or are you just going on some match reports and the plaudits of some partisan fans in the Scottish 2nd division?

It really doh make no sense hotting up yuh head over players you read about in print, or haven't seen in years and clamoring for their inclusion. Ah see you bawling for Aguillera and Nigel Daniel as the flavor of the day.. Yuh ever see dem play?From where I sitting, I think a fully fit Dog would be a blessing for our defence, but the truth is that NOBODY ON THIS SITE has yet given a trustworthy, realistic analysis of his present condition and form.

Our problem is not in central defence anyway, and Keyeno Thomas has been doing a good job and has a good partnership with Lawrence there. Best thing is to just let Latas make his choice and run with that.
Breds the man said he played eleven 90 mins games from febuary to now, so what more the want!

and FYI i've seen darryl roberts , play for T&T and college ball, i've seen nigel daniel , agullerra and pacheco played in T&T and in the U.S.

yuh think i just talking out meh a$$ or what bredder. BC i doh talk meh business and run up meh mouth about what i know yuh think i out of it!

as for andrews miss trapping and holding his knees , you just ask me what i've seen live, and in the same breath yuh could anul andrews BC of some clip or still photo you saw on line. allyuh eh betting allyuh contrary and bold face nah!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2009, 11:20:23 AM »

You real easy to impress? i failed to see the humor in that nonsensical statement. :loser:

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2009, 11:25:53 AM »

You real easy to impress? i failed to see the humor in that nonsensical statement. :loser:

Different strokes for different folks partner....

You win...I hope dog play for your sake partner....
Arimian to meh heart

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2009, 11:29:03 AM »

The 2nd and 3rd goals, thomas has tuh share blame in that, he allow altidor the space tuh come down the middle then the boy blow pass ah midfielder and lawrence had to over commit himself and got sexed big time.

the 3rd goal, bradley beat the offside trap, alkie hislop and lawrence gave chase, kenyo and  leon was making altidor who was standing still at the time of the break away, kenyo and leon allow altidor to join the attack when he was level with them, they just low him while they was crawling back, bradley had time pass the ball to donovan, donovan got a coupple of touches and square it back to the trailing altidore who had time get 2/3 touches and hit the shot and kenyo still didn't join the play, he totally spaced! and boom goal. caught out of position twice.

How you could blame Thomas for the 2nd and 3rd goals is beyond me but you are entitled to your own opinion.  We could argue that yes he should have ran back on the offsides goal but the second goal was all Makan Hislop my friend...absolutely poor positioning and technique.  Again, we could blame everybody but I disagree with your opinion.

Keyeno played well in that game partner....but calling for dog who I would guess most of us having seen play in 3 years is not a good sign.  Then again, maybe he'll prove me wrong.
Breds go back and watch the game, donovan out run hislop and cut in, kenyo failed tuh close down the space on altidor, it was like ah tunnel for him to run straight down the pike , leave out ah midfielder and that's when lawrence over commit on the play and boom goal.

BTW that run that bradly made was magnifique! off side meh a$$, it was timed to perfection. allyuh keep underesteemating them yankees!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2009, 11:41:08 AM »

oh gawd, you could misinterpret ah ting eh!

what i meant to say is that the only clip available that we have to go on provides no proof of Dog's condition. I said its not enough to base any kind of judgement on. Yuh think i look like one of them men who could tell yuh de world about a player from a youtube clip?

my point is that regardless of the man playing eleven 90 mins since february, i still want to know is against who and what level.. Look how much minutes Scotland play and goals he score in the Championship, yet you still not convinced and questioning the man level.. So try and understand that in the same way you have questions, i have questions for the level Dog playing at, only because I haven't seen with my own two eyes.

I saw Sancho play a few times on FSC and he looking good but the level of competition questionable. I doh even have that to go on with Dog.

at the end of the day I just want the best XI to take the pitch, and I hoping Latas provide that. After all, he have more than enough time to find that out with them players every day, than us who sitting behind a monitor with a keyboard and eh see nutten to talk about yet.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 11:43:03 AM by omarldinho »

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2009, 11:42:10 AM »

Breds go back and watch the game, donovan out run hislop and cut in, kenyo failed tuh close down the space on altidor, it was like ah tunnel for him to run straight down the pike , leave out ah midfielder and that's when lawrence over commit on the play and boom goal.

BTW that run that bradly made was magnifique! off side meh a$$, it was timed to perfection. allyuh keep underesteemating them yankees!

I took your advice and watched over goals 2 and 3 again and in my opinion, goal #3 is still offside...and I am a qualified R8 referee..the ref missed it...I was in the stadium in line with the play and said it then and saying it now.  The 2nd goal, Keyeno had to go to provide coverage for Makan's mishap.  If you played any defense in your life, you would realize once the wing backs get beat, it is the responsibility of the stopper to provide coverage.  The beaten defender should head back to the middle which Makan did not do and everyone else suppose to slide over.  How is that Keyeno's fault again?  He slid over to provide coverage for Makan....Ah...I don't get your reasoning....Which game were you looking at?
Arimian to meh heart

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2009, 11:49:13 AM »
The whole team full ah men who not sweating, spann, birchall, stern, yorke , daniel, latas. ah bet allyuh that andrews played more competative ball than those guys for the yr. while roberts and jaggy cyar dun sweat for their club but cyar get ah bligh!

this, i could agree with you on...

i also find de side lil too dependent on some old horse and think it need to balance off with some youth..

Personally, I want to see Hyland start, maybe even Guerra.. but i think there also should be place in the side for Darryl Roberts, Jagdeosingh and Julius James.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2009, 11:54:04 AM »

this, i could agree with you on...

i also find de side lil too dependent on some old horse and think it need to balance off with some youth..

Personally, I want to see Hyland start, maybe even Guerra.. but i think there also should be place in the side for Darryl Roberts, Jagdeosingh and Julius James.

Those guys are not old or legendary enough to play for TnT....!

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2009, 12:01:10 PM »
Why men insist on calling fuh Kenwyne Jones to start.  Of the three forwards we have available for the next match Kenwyne deserve to start de game on de bench.  De man has done absolutely nothing in any of the hex games so far to deserve ah starting spot.  His ball control has been horrible and he has not looked anything remotely close to threathening so far.  Let Glen and Scotland start up front.

As for defence Thomas and Lawrence are not our problem.  Thomas has been solid so far in qualifying.  I see no reason for him to be benched in favour of Marvin Andrews.  Our problem has been the wingback positions.  

I am more worried about Yorke's lack of match fitness.  He has not played a match in months.  Ah doh know if anybody remember but in de El Salvador match Yorke was bun early in de second half.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2009, 12:25:49 PM »
Why men insist on calling fuh Kenwyne Jones to start.  Of the three forwards we have available for the next match Kenwyne deserve to start de game on de bench.  De man has done absolutely nothing in any of the hex games so far to deserve ah starting spot.  His ball control has been horrible and he has not looked anything remotely close to threathening so far.  Let Glen and Scotland start up front.

As for defence Thomas and Lawrence are not our problem.  Thomas has been solid so far in qualifying.  I see no reason for him to be benched in favour of Marvin Andrews.  Our problem has been the wingback positions.  

I am more worried about Yorke's lack of match fitness.  He has not played a match in months.  Ah doh know if anybody remember but in de El Salvador match Yorke was bun early in de second half.

I would play glen too but slightly behind scotland with enough room to run, is he a good passer ???....strangely ah nevva notice dat side of he game, but ah see him opening up space for scotland "ah lil bate n switch" and better yet havin him closer to d mids might reducing d need for dem aimless long ball dat does nevva work.
I pity the fool....

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2009, 04:09:32 PM »
hi name is Marvin "Dog" Andrews

WE BEATING COSTA RICA
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2009, 06:47:42 PM »
hi name is Marvin "Dog" Andrews

WE BEATING COSTA RICA

Ah really feel so eh. Is licks fuh dem. Read meh signature dey ;D
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2009, 07:01:35 PM »

INCE

Andrews
                                          Lawrence                      A John

C Edwards                           Birchall          Yorke                      C Samuel

A Guerra

Jones      Scotland

WE BEATING COSTA RICA

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2009, 07:04:16 PM »

INCE

Andrews

C Edwards                           Birchall          Yorke                      C Samuel

A Guerra

Jones      Scotland

WE BEATING COSTA RICA

best side i see for the day.  :beermug:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2009, 09:06:09 PM »

INCE

Andrews

A Guerra

Jones      Scotland

WE BEATING COSTA RICA

??? Dog included in dat side and is a best side.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 30, 2009, 08:01:39 AM »

INCE

Andrews

A Guerra

Jones      Scotland

WE BEATING COSTA RICA

dat side conceding at least 2 maybe 3.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 30, 2009, 06:01:38 PM »

INCE

Andrews

A Guerra

Jones      Scotland

WE BEATING COSTA RICA

How much we scorin?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 30, 2009, 06:07:10 PM »

INCE

Andrews

A Guerra

Jones      Scotland

WE BEATING COSTA RICA

How much we scorin?

If dey score 3 goal...we go score 4. If dey score 4 goal...we go score more!  8)
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 30, 2009, 07:08:39 PM »

INCE

Andrews

A Guerra

Jones      Scotland

WE BEATING COSTA RICA

How much we scorin?

If dey score 3 goal...we go score 4. If dey score 4 goal...we go score more!  8)

Cosignnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 30, 2009, 07:10:46 PM »
WE BEATING COSTA RICA

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 31, 2009, 08:37:52 PM »

If they score more.. we go score one goal that go make them wine like denise belfon!!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 01, 2009, 01:50:24 AM »

If they score more.. we go score one goal that go make them wine like denise belfon!!

;D
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

1]; } ?>