September 14, 2024, 04:39:47 PM

Author Topic: Eve names final 18 for Olympic qualifiers.  (Read 10171 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Eve names final 18 for Olympic qualifiers.
« on: July 14, 2011, 07:19:08 PM »
Eve names final 18 for olympic qualifiers.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Angus Eve today announced his final 18-man squad to contest the Caribbean Football Union first round Olympic qualifiers in Dominica next week.

"Following several weeks of preparation at the Hasely Crawford Stadium training pitch, Eve finalized his team which includes midfielder Kevin Molino as the lone overseas-based professional player with fellow US-based Cameron Roget who trained with the U-17s back in 2007."

Molino, who played for the T&T senior team last year at the Digicel Caribbean Cup and is now attached to USL Pro team Orlando City will join the team in Dominica next week prior to their opening game against Grenada on July 19th. Belgium-based midfielder Khaleem Hyland is unavailable due to club commitments.

T&T faces Netherlands Antilles on July 21st and Dominica two days later. The group winner will advance to a second group phase, from which two will qualify for the eight-team CONCACAF finals next year in the United States towards the 2012 Olympics.

Several past National Under 20 players that went to the 2009 FIFA Under 20 World Cup are in Eve’s squad including midfielder Sean De Silva, Marcus Joseph, goalkeeper Andre Marchan, defender Aubrey David and national under 20 captain Sheldon Bateau. Chike Sullivan was a part of the Under 17 team that participated at the 2007 FIFA U-17 World Cup in South Korea.

Eve said he was satisfied with the team’s progress over six weeks of preparations since he took over from Zoran Vranes as head coach with Clint Marcelle and Derek King as his assistants and Norris Ferguson – manager.

“I’ve selected a squad comprising players who can play more than one position because of the fact that we are travelling with 18 players and we need to be mindful of possible injuries or suspensions. It’s a short tournament and one injury can change the balance of the team, “Eve told TTFF Media.

“Definitely I think the team has made good progress as I’ve seen their maturity and intensity of their play grown over the six weeks. The team structural play and camaraderie has improved and I’m fairly satisfied with our readiness.”

The former national captain said the fact that his players were in preseason-mode is also a plus. The team also played some warm-ups with some of their recent results including a 1-1 with Police FC on Thursday, while they also defeated Joe Public 2-0, T&TEC 3-0 and West Stars 4-1.

“We are in preseason in the local league. Unfortunately we couldn’t get a proposed tour to Venezuela or Panama but the Pro League teams have been very good to us in that we’ve played them over a period and we’ve done the best under our circumstances.”

Eve noted that his players have been urged to avoid all forms of complacency going into the tournament.

“We will not underestimate any team as a team is as good as you allow them to play. Right now we are not the kings of the Caribbean and I have been instilling this in the players.

We need to work hard and play hard to get back to the top. We have been complacent against the Caribbean teams in the recent past and it’s something we cannot afford to do,” Eve ended.

Full squad

Goalkeepers
Andre Marchan, Zane Coker.

Defenders
Sheldon Bateau, Kareem Moses, Aquil Selby, Aubrey David, Leslie Russell, Mekeil Williams.

Midfielders
Sean De Silva, Jayson Joseph, Marcus Joseph, Kevin Molino, Chike Sullivan, Jeromie Williams.

Forwards
Trevin Caesar, Phillip Borde, Cameron Roget, Kaydion Gabriel.

Fixtures for Olympic Qualifiers

T&T vs Netherlands Antilles - July 21st
T&T vs Dominica - July 23rd
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 08:39:03 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: Eve names final 18 for Olympic qualifiers.
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 07:29:43 PM »
Eve is an asset whether he tastes success right now or not. I support you and like your warrior spirit and honesty.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 07:33:49 PM »
Ah wonder how come neither Daneil Cyrus nor Joevin Jones make de cut.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 07:52:41 PM »
Many who missing to still choose from..... and I know some have club commitments. (Hyland, Peltier and Primus).

Daneil Cyrus, Joevin Jones, Shahdon Winchester, Glenroy Samuel, Robert Primus, Jevon Morris, Leston Paul, Kyle Bethel, Jake Thomson, Jean Luc Rochford, Trent Lougheed, Juma Clarence, Micah Lewis, Akeem Adams, Uriah Bentick, Stephen Campbell, Stephen Knox, Johan Peltier, Kariym Balthazar, Krisitan Lee-Him, Greg Ranjitsingh, Isaiah Ferguson, Jerrel Britto, Daniel Carr, Curtis Gonzales, Hyaleem Hyland, Daniel Joseph, Javed Mohammed and Jamal Gay.

San Diego Boca FC's star forward Cameron Roget.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 08:02:46 PM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 08:51:12 PM »
Wow that starting almost from scratch. Good luck fellas. Doh sleep on Grenada
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 10:39:47 PM »
Many who missing to still choose from..... and I know some have club commitments. (Hyland, Peltier and Primus).

Daneil Cyrus, Joevin Jones, Shahdon Winchester, Glenroy Samuel, Robert Primus, Jevon Morris, Leston Paul, Kyle Bethel, Jake Thomson, Jean Luc Rochford, Trent Lougheed, Juma Clarence, Micah Lewis, Akeem Adams, Uriah Bentick, Stephen Campbell, Stephen Knox, Johan Peltier, Kariym Balthazar, Krisitan Lee-Him, Greg Ranjitsingh, Isaiah Ferguson, Jerrel Britto, Daniel Carr, Curtis Gonzales, Hyaleem Hyland, Daniel Joseph, Javed Mohammed and Jamal Gay.

Sam, I am always impressed with your ability to throw up players names just so just so. Its been so long and I feel yuh don't get enough props for this uncanny ability. When Flex write a good article we does applaud. When Tallman pull out some stats from out a hat we does also applaude. I would like to add Sam to dat list (E-man kinda missin these days) as he provides an undeniable service of featuring players dat people doh even know there names. Hip Hip Hooray Sam! Ah aint just tweetin yuh horn here. Ah serious as a heart-attack.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 10:56:42 PM »
Yeah dunno how to feel about this . . .I admire Eve's class on and off the pitch, but wonder about his coaching experience.  Of course I am fully behind this effort and hoping for the best.

T&T all the way
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 01:48:30 AM »
Bloody hell,why everytime we have important matches to play we are always missing some of our better players,same ole shyte.We can end up just like we did for the Digicel,both Grenada and Netherlands have called in players from Europe,look out for "cutarse" again although I dont want that to happen.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2011, 02:10:41 AM »

Sam, I am always impressed with your ability to throw up players names just so just so. Its been so long and I feel yuh don't get enough props for this uncanny ability. When Flex write a good article we does applaud. When Tallman pull out some stats from out a hat we does also applaude. I would like to add Sam to dat list (E-man kinda missin these days) as he provides an undeniable service of featuring players dat people doh even know there names. Hip Hip Hooray Sam! Ah aint just tweetin yuh horn here. Ah serious as a heart-attack.

sam knows our players well  :beermug:

we can have a 2nd team with the talent in that list

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2011, 03:20:36 AM »
Ah really wish Eve and his team all the best in dis campaign. hats off to to fact that he eh get no international friendlies, so he buss up de pro league....that is pro activeness right there! De senior team should be following suite! Goood luck! In reference to bringing in more experienced players....mabe as we advance the roster mioght change....who knows!  :beermug:
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2011, 06:00:50 AM »
T&T faces Netherlands Antilles on July 21st ...

But wait. How come dey playing de Netherlands Antilles, and de Netherlands Antilles no longer exists?
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2011, 06:01:22 AM »

But wait. How come dey playing de Netherlands Antilles, and de Netherlands Antilles no longer exists?

?? wha yuh mean ?

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2011, 06:04:39 AM »
I agree with Frico- we can never get our best players for International Tournaments. Is it a lack of money? Is it that the coaches are afraid of bringing the foreign base so as to expose their limitations. Ask Gally about Nakid? Or as Anton said they are not better than the locals. I nominate SAM as the T&T scout.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2011, 06:16:09 AM »

?? wha yuh mean ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissolution_of_the_Netherlands_Antilles
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 06:27:42 AM by Tallman »

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2011, 06:31:00 AM »
Bloody hell,why everytime we have important matches to play we are always missing some of our better players,same ole shyte.We can end up just like we did for the Digicel,both Grenada and Netherlands have called in players from Europe,look out for "cutarse" again although I dont want that to happen.
       This is something i've tried to figure out through my experiences with T&T Football,to me like everybody does have their players when they want them,it's either clubs don't want too or can't release them,it's not FIFA dates,we don't have money to get them home or they don't have money to come home,it's the middle of their season,they nursing injury etc etc and the list of excuses/reasons go on and on,i remember Roy Keane cuss Jack for Carlos and them and it had peeps here agreed with him.

I just think it's a matter of respect for a country,i don't think anyone cares about T&T and our Football but us,it reach to the point where we can't even get a friendly game,contracts are getting difficult for our players,the person we had in position to bargain for us is gone,what's next.    

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2011, 06:32:27 AM »

Lester peltier is to old
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2011, 07:16:11 AM »
Who de hell say Lester Peltier ? yuh cokey eye ah wha..

I say Johan Peltier.

PS: Thanks davidephraim.... Eve over look many decent players.

Offline kaiser

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2011, 07:16:56 AM »
Men jus throwing out names left right and centre leh meh update allyuh before allyuh blame Eve. Bentick get drop yesterday, Leston Paul not interested in coming back right now,Cyrus concentrating on a mls contract, Primus club not releasing, Jean luc get drop yesterday, Adams with the senior team, Britto,Winchester and Peltier who know know who doh know doh know leh we leave it dey. all the others either get drop or not interested.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2011, 07:21:30 AM »
Men jus throwing out names left right and centre leh meh update allyuh before allyuh blame Eve. Bentick get drop yesterday, Leston Paul not interested in coming back right now,Cyrus concentrating on a mls contract, Primus club not releasing, Jean luc get drop yesterday, Adams with the senior team, Britto,Winchester and Peltier who know know who doh know doh know leh we leave it dey. all the others either get drop or not interested.

I throw out other possiblities and not demanding they get pick.

Jones and Winchester under discipline for breaking curfew in Mexico with the under 20 team.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2011, 07:23:20 AM »
And there is no way on earth you could tell me these players not interested and I know de others have club committments.

Glenroy Samuel, Jevon Morris, Kyle Bethel, Juma Clarence, Micah Lewis, Stephen Campbell, Stephen Knox, Kariym Balthazar, Krisitan Lee-Him, Greg Ranjitsingh, Isaiah Ferguson, Jerrel Britto, Daniel Carr, Curtis Gonzales, Daniel Joseph, Javed Mohammed and Jamal Gay.

Akeem Adams on de senior team, this coach Otto Pfister like to talk shit, first he say no player clubless would be considered for selection.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 07:25:08 AM by Sam »

Offline kaiser

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2011, 07:33:53 AM »
adams playing with T&tec

Offline kaiser

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2011, 07:36:37 AM »
on earth most not interested the others get drop some is discipline

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2011, 09:48:11 AM »
This Winchester youth is so overrated and I get the impression he feel he is star boy material ... I backing Eve ... we never know the real deal behind why players not there we always assume that they all interested and keen and always presume that they are in shape and playing at their best but we've seen some of them in the national team and the u-20 team set up and alot of them playing a load of it. We always assume it's da coaches fault like he could really go in a man's ear and tell him to train get in shape run some hills , work on your shooting etc alot of these things is about attitude and I think our game in doldrums because of our attitude.....and motivation..... I'm betting that the team he picked is a hungry one even though on paper it might not be most talented team!!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2011, 11:14:38 AM »

I throw out other possiblities and not demanding they get pick.

Jones and Winchester under discipline for breaking curfew in Mexico with the under 20 team.

Guatemala you mean
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2011, 11:14:53 AM »

This Winchester youth is so overrated and I get the impression he feel he is star boy material ... I backing Eve ... we never know the real deal behind why players not there we always assume that they all interested and keen and always presume that they are in shape and playing at their best but we've seen some of them in the national team and the u-20 team set up and alot of them playing a load of it. We always assume it's da coaches fault like he could really go in a man's ear and tell him to train get in shape run some hills , work on your shooting etc alot of these things is about attitude and I think our game in doldrums because of our attitude.....and motivation..... I'm betting that the team he picked is a hungry one even though on paper it might not be most talented team!!

Sense!!!

I've long suspected that we will not see  Knox or Leston Paul in a T&T shirt again, or at least not for a long time. They in school to make sure they have options outside of football. We have some good prospects that come out of NCAA like Julius James and the like. But the fact is while they are in school they are rarely available to us.

I think/hope Eve is on the right track. Let him establish himself as a coach that can win without relying on overrated 'big name starboys'. For all we know he could be picking good performers that have been overlooked by previous coaches. Historically the greatest threat is from Grenada who beat out our last Olympic squad under McComie. If Eve can get thru CFU qualifying with a solid effort from this team then we have a coach.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 11:19:36 AM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2011, 12:33:01 PM »
Kaydion "drogba" Gabriel with the squad nice

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2011, 12:48:04 PM »

?? wha yuh mean ?
This could have given Jack even more CFU votes.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2011, 12:58:52 PM »
Coops man,I agree with all that you say and I have a funny feeling that our players abroad dont want to come an play coz ah dont think Eve wouldn't try to get the best,but you have itemised some excuses that they all make when its time to come an play for us.I remember only to well when that ignoramus Keane cuss JW on account of Carlos,they aint got no facking respect for us  it seems.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2011, 01:02:57 PM »

?? wha yuh mean ?

It may have been decided that there just wasn't enough depth of talent, or, indeed interest, to form seperate Federations. Plus, each "country" may not have been able to meet FIFA requirements. As such, perhaps Netherlands Antilles decided to remain as one unit and FIFA agreed. Of course, there are sporting precedents, the most obvious being WI cricket, UK athletics and,to a degree, British Lions rugby, although they do not compete in "official" competitions.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2011, 01:11:46 PM »
For all we know, Eve may have selected the squad he trult believed could win (except maybe some of the overseas were unavailable) The school football system is stifling development to a degree. Because the matches are well attended, the players are believing they are superstars in the making, but when they enter the professional system, they realise that they now have to fight for a place against senior players with 5 or more years professional experience and youngsters who have had 2 or 3 years in the system. Its like being the hotshot school reporter and then working for a national paper....big difference!
The Pro League youngsters will have a much higher fitness level and mental toughness.

Its been mentioned here before that our young talent has been divided between Pro League Oasis league and school football. We need a joined up system where maybe football schools can partner with Pro League clubs. Train with the pros in the morning and attend school in the afternoon. Similar to the English system where 16 & 17 year olds join clubs as apprentices on a minimum wage. Many will be released but usually 2 or 3 players per club make it through each year.

1]; } ?>