September 07, 2024, 07:24:37 PM

Poll

Honestly, how safe is T&T for the upcoming Football game?

Same as say 15 years ago, don't study the media hype.
3 (6.4%)
You have to be very careful, especially after dark.
6 (12.8%)
Crime only in Lavantille and Morvant, just avoid them two place.
1 (2.1%)
Just like any where else in the world, practice common sense anfd you should be fine.
31 (66%)
Stay far away, the gov't and the police are hopless, the place like d wild west.
6 (12.8%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Voting closed: November 03, 2005, 01:12:29 PM

Author Topic: I thinking bout returning for the game, but the reports from home not inviting.  (Read 9297 times)

MickeyRat

well well well when the grass is cut the snakes is shown. now we see that you are a humble and rather nice fellow. nice to know your true colours and that being said.
1. avoid clothes that trinis dont usaully wear, it may cause you to stand out too much
2.a dinner special at kfc is no longer $20 so when the cashier asks for like 5$ more fuh your chicken dont cuss them i get in trouble for that.
3. avoid late nights on nelson street. and yes i know the punch man on the top does make nice punch but its not worth your life.
4. take bwee at own risk.
5. the drag mall is no longer there go to new city mall for ah pair ah clarks now

go and enjoy the game breds

:rotfl: # 3

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
I called travel span this morning and they don't have any flight going for de game. She said they have ah flight leaving JFK on de 11th but not returning till de 15th or de 16th..She said they been getting calls from people asking about charted flights just for de game ....but they would have to get at least 200 people to send a charted flight!!!!! Bwee flight really expensive!!!!!

I was hoping to get a flight that was going to be charted just for the game. I just want to go for the game because i have school. I check bwee already too. They charging to much...

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
start a thread and lets see if we could get 200 people nah
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline ScorpIAN

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Boy, come home for d game (d only people who go be unsafe in trini is dem battyrainians!) as ah matter ah fact come hm for xmas , carnival, hosay anything) serious though, after the Mexico game everyone was out Celebrating on the streets!!!!!!!!!

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
boss

if yuh think so negative yuh go never even come out yuh house.

Cause everywhere have crime.

My suggestion to you is to be very carefull when yuh go to the game cause it have pick pocketers like rain. I know at least 4 or 5 people who get take.

So put yuh money in yuh fobes leave yuh cell home and hold yuh ticket in yuh hand. Don't go with yuh wallet cause then yuh go be asking for trouble.
Them fellas real train. They does put a wet pants on a line and try to take out the money without it shaking. So with traning like that yuh go get take.

Més que un club.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I eh go discourage yuh from goin home but contrary to what all a dese men syaing home is not very safe.
Especially at night keep lookin in your rearview mirror and make sure noone is following you.
I feel much safer in manhattan than I do at home.
In fact I felt much safer in college, and I was supposed to be goin to school in the middle of a ghetto.
Trinidad really isn't safe. If it were businessmen wouldn't be freaking out, and we wouldn't have the FBI visiting.
Anybody who says otherwise is just  fortunate not to have any  family member, friend etc.. experience the crime first-hand
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
It would be a sad day in my life when I have to poll men on a forum to decide if it's safe to go home to the land of my birth or not!!!!?!?!

Madness. Crime is everywhere in the world, just be sensible in how you move as you would anywwhere!?!?

But if u decide u don't want to go, send me the money for the ticket nah!?!?

I go go home and send yuh pictures, dat go be real safe  ;)
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

TrinInfinite

man only talkin dey scared, go home and lime and watch football

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
i hav immediatly RECOGNIZED that corbeaux is a little girl afraid of she own nanny :devil: :devil:

TRINIDAD HAV NUTTIN TO FEAR SISSY CUM D GAME DOH LOOK RETARDED (MIGHT BE HARD SEEING DAT U A COBO AN ALL) AN WATCH A STERN JOHN HATTRICK NAH

eat a ded drink a juice shark sumtin an bre@k easy nah

PS brian chatagonn who?????

PRESIDENT OF THE STERN FOR GOALS COMITEE
« Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 06:51:58 PM by SHOTTA »
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Madness. Crime is everywhere in the world, just be sensible in how you move as you would anywwhere!?!?

I go go home and send yuh pictures, dat go be real safe  ;)

Yea true, but the chances of being a victim of crime in T&T is much higher than anywhere most of us foreign posters live.
I still say stay home cobo man, send me the $$ and I will take the risk for u.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
since we so close to the game i might as well start

VICE PRESIDENT OF STERN FOR GOALS COMMITTEE

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Coubeaux doh worry yuhself pardnah just move cool man . When I gp home is some ole clothes I moving in and ah liming by alldem corner wey ah use to lime . Me eh worrying meyself atall . Ah see morvantman fraid to hang on nelson street . Me....I go lime dey cause is nuff time me and meh boys use to hang dey .

Morvanman dem punch boys an dem stil infront the royal castle branch on de promenade ?

Just doh go flashing ah setah nice ting to bun man eye dong dey. ;D

Holld it dong .
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Corbeaux , I does go home every two months and do everything ah accustom doing.
1. Drink ten carib before ah leave de airport
2. Drink 10 carib in St James before ah reach home
3. Drink 10 carib when ah reach home.
4. Drink 10 carib everyday for two weeks in any bar ah reach in Trinidad.
5. Drink 10 bot black label in Salami Maracas.
6. Drink 10 bot black label in Valencia river.

The only ting ah doh do again is go tuh striptease because police eh have time fuh bandit but only raiding dem place now.

So go home brudder, bandit doh rob 10 drunk men.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
Coubeaux doh worry yuhself pardnah just move cool man . When I gp home is some ole clothes I moving in and ah liming by alldem corner wey ah use to lime . Me eh worrying meyself atall . Ah see morvantman fraid to hang on nelson street . Me....I go lime dey cause is nuff time me and meh boys use to hang dey .

Morvanman dem punch boys an dem stil infront the royal castle branch on de promenade ?

Holld it dong .

no meh boy i does still go on the nelson's for my punch but the punch man in front ah royal castle aint good again.some ah de best in town in front ah new city mall. ;D

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Yeah breds.............how u go be fraid to go home.Trini lil bad but it not that bad, unless the place u intend to stay have nuff bandit..........

1) Jewels nice in forigen but when I home ....a lil silver is the most I brandsing
2) You have to know where u going, cause men will imps you one time.
3) Trinis could pick up the scent a foriegners from far ( included return residents)..........so pull out you bust up slippers and them ol jersey. You go look like u never leave
4)Just use u head breds and you go be cool
5) As other men say.....u doh want to bring too much attention to yuhself

Go home and enjoy the game and drink nuff Black label, u go be cool

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
saddis' me ent know if you is trinidadian or not, I was jus commenting ont he crime since yo u wanted to know.  But if you is a real trini, then it only have 1 place in the world you could ever call home...but I jus tellin you is a different scene at night.  I was driving thru morvant a couple months ago, and as soon as I turn a corner the man in front of me stop and a next man out of he car in the other lane stop too but forward enough so that you have to pull up right by him...nowhere to move, he done scopes out if you have gold, if yuh car worth tiefin...and is not to single out anywhere, but if you get accustomed to babylon where police have everything under control...not trinidad pardener...but carib does still taste good, and bake and shark is the sweett.and trinidad is still trinidad..if you ever think about moving home, then you might want to go to tobago ;)

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Holld it dong .

no meh boy i does still go on the nelson's for my punch but the punch man in front ah royal castle aint good again.some ah de best in town in front ah new city mall. ;D

all yuh eh know bout punch then

the best punch is Brown's in St James

go by him and tell him yuh want ah Bomb

Més que un club.

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
All i can tell you is if you going home watch where you liming. Crime in trinidad is a major problem but like any trini i love my country. They thief the car my father give me in trinidad in april and the police tell my father in his face that don't bother to go to them, they will call if anything pop up. The car even had car search and it disappear of from the face of the earth. My civic dissappear but what the hell, what you could do. This is once in lifetime opportuntiy to witness trinidad go to the world cup. Don't let crime in the country deprive you off witnessing the game.

Offline Silver-Corbeaux

• Jr. Warrior
  • RF is really ah Trini hornchile!
    • View Profile
Just imagine, roughly 10% of the voters on the poll think that I should stay far away from home, and that it like the wild west. My former employer in T&T also spoke to me by telephone and said the same thing in more convincing terms. (He in the process of selling he business and moving to Miami).
Still the 90% majority think that I should go but observe caution and let common sense be my guide (for me - the latter might be hard).
Regardless, I have decided not to go home at this time, I know that some may call me coward or whatever they can come up with but the reality is I want to be comfortable when I go home and the atmosphere does not seem conducive to that (at this time).
The other thing is, most of my family have either died or migrated, and the same goes for most of my friends.I hope I could visit home in the future when hopefully things will be a little bit more under control. If I was young and single with no young children depending on me I would not hesitate, but for me 10% is too much for my little T&T.
You know I might have a big bark on the forum when putting across a point or correcting a distractor (Shotta- Bryan Chattagoon...distractor), but in reality, I prefer to avoid comnfrontation.
peace

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
my sentiments exactly...it have another place you call your home, but for many people where mother, sister, brother...never swear allegiance to no other flag - trinidad is home.

Offline Trini Simply Better

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Im scared to come

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Doh cum
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
Im scared to come

And so is the rest of your countrymen. Especially your team.
Trust me on dat.
Toujour Pret!

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

you cuss me tell me about my mother. tell me about how fathers day in morvant and now you fraid to go home.

when i go home i does wear a $2000(us) chain in de midle ah town i does rent expensive cars liming all trough lavantille in the wee hours ah de night goin to evry party dah matter where it is

FRAID TO GO HOME :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I TAUGHT COBO DOES LIVE ON THE BEETHAM

AH SET AH INTERNET BADMAN

GO HOME AND STOP PLAYING COWARD NAH BOY
LOL

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Just imagine, roughly 10% of the voters on the poll think that I should stay far away from home, and that it like the wild west. My former employer in T&T also spoke to me by telephone and said the same thing in more convincing terms. (He in the process of selling he business and moving to Miami).
Still the 90% majority think that I should go but observe caution and let common sense be my guide (for me - the latter might be hard).
Regardless, I have decided not to go home at this time, I know that some may call me coward or whatever they can come up with but the reality is I want to be comfortable when I go home and the atmosphere does not seem conducive to that (at this time).
The other thing is, most of my family have either died or migrated, and the same goes for most of my friends.I hope I could visit home in the future when hopefully things will be a little bit more under control. If I was young and single with no young children depending on me I would not hesitate, but for me 10% is too much for my little T&T.
You know I might have a big bark on the forum when putting across a point or correcting a distractor (Shotta- Bryan Chattagoon...distractor), but in reality, I prefer to avoid comnfrontation.
peace

Look you could go home boss. Just move with common sense (leave home yuh gold). Home have serious problems but it no different than visiting most big cities. Lard is home! yuh know which road to go down, which one to stay away from. Watch how yuh moving at night, plus I sure most of the peeps yuh go be moving with know the runnings.
Boss this is your people and your country. Go and enjoy the game.

PS Ah 45 would make yuh feel a likkle more comfortable hahahahaah  :rotfl: Just on kick bro
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Socaman

• Live Yuh Life Like Yuh Playin Mas!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Yo i say go home and enjoy yourself for ah few days just don't go flashing yuh brands.........But hear this story....Meh cousin just send me ah e-mail he say ah co-worker of his got killded last night for his car...But hear de story...De man had a good job back home and in 2001 resigned and went to England for 4 yrs to study. He went back home 4 months ago and started back at de same job 2 months ago....Buy a car last week Thursday and some assholes buss 6 shots in him last night for de car...He don't even have de car for ah week......That shit sad man!!

314 Murders in 10 Months!!!!! Crazinesssssssss

1]; } ?>