TTFA First Vice President Clynt Taylor TTFA’s 1st Vice President (Members Affairs) met with Geoffrey Edwards and Nigel Roberts – President and Vice President of the FUTSAL Association of Trinidad and Tobago (FATT), respectively on Thursday, November 28th, 2019.
The meeting continued the association’s relationship building initiative with Member Associations and key stakeholders in the local football fraternity.
The following items were discussed:
1. Activity summary of FATT over the last 18 months including (but not limited to) the preparation of the Girls National Futsal Team to the 2018 Buenos Aires Youth Olympics in Argentina; hosting of the FIFA Futsal Coaching Course and Grassroots Festival; the execution of the Let’s Play! Futsal Sensitisation Caravan in primary and secondary schools throughout Trinidad and Tobago; sport administrator development; stakeholder engagements and establishment of members through community based futsal-specific academies.
2. Recruitment of a Head Coach for the Men’s National Futsal Team for CONCACF Men’s Futsal Qualifiers to be held from May 4-10, 2020. A TTFA issued vacancy advert was issued by the previous administration. The deadline for the submission of applications was Friday November 15, 2019. To date, all applicants were non-nationals of Trinidad & Tobago.
3. Recruitment of Technical Staff and Players’ Pool for the Men’s National Futsal Team
4. FATT’s Strategic 4 year plan was discussed. The 5 pillars of the Plan include grassroot development, coaching development, female inclusivity, performance development and brand building. TTFA requested FATT submits a comprehensive budget for activities related to the plan.
5. FATT requested direct involvement and guided input with the TTFA Technical Commitee for the sport of futsal.
6. FATT is in the process of revising its Constitution which is in the final stages of editing as guided by experienced legal input.