Suriname set a new record for the most amount of goals scored in a Caribbean Futsal qualifier when they hammered Turks and Caicos Islands 15-1 in the second set of matches in the Hindu Credit Union Caribbean Futsal qualifying tournament at the University of the West Indies, Trinidad on Tuesday evening.

The hosts were also victorious, scoring a 4-3 win over the Natherland Antilles.

The previous mark was held by Guyana who got past the same Turks and Caicos 11-2 on Monday.

But it was Suriname who turned on the heat when they kept converting chance after chance to jump to the top of Group B with six points, ahead of Guyana on goal difference. Both teams have scored same 22 goals but Suriname have conceded only one compared to Guyana's four.

Suriname opened their account in the eighth minute through R.Derby, and A Doesburg soon made it 2-0 a minute later, also getting a second item in the 39th minute, setting the pace for a flurry of goals against the Turks. Shiec Tsinliep (13th), Berensteins (8th), W.Tellter (10th and 25th), R.Jomena (26th), Elam (27th, 33rd), C.Sama-an (35th) and Brandon (14th, 20th and 23rd) were the other scorers. Neil Gannon pulled back a consolation item for the Turks in the final minute.

Grenada got a hard-fought 6-1 win over Puerto Rico in the second affair of the evening.

Guyana, fresh from double digit scoring performance against the Turks on the opening night, found the 11-goal target yet again, this time finishing 11-2 winners over St Vincent and the Grenadines.

The final match of the evening between the hosts T&T and Netherlands Antilles turned out to be the most keenly contested one of the tournament so far. The home team fell behind when Sairon Martina put the Netherlands ahead in the second minute. But it didn't take T&T long to hit back as a right side cross by Cordell Greenidge was turned into the net by Netherlands player Clifford Pauletta.

The match continued at a fast pace with a good display of skill and build-ups to goal. T&T were the ones going ahead in the 18th minute when Jerwyn Balthazar shot into the roof of the net to send the home fans wild.

The Dutchmen equalised in the 28th minute through Ricknaldo Gdeloe to set up an exciting closing minutes. T&T didn't take long before regaining the lead when Kevin Peters found the target in the 29th minute. But the match was far from over as Riangelo Rodriguez tapped home from close range to make it 3-3 in the 36th minute. Ako James turned out to be T&T's hero on the evening when he struck the winner three minutes from the end with a firm low shot into the goal.

Last night, T&T were scheduled to face Grenada to determine the Group winners. The final and third place play off is set for tomorrow night at the same venue.