The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) wishes to extend congratulations and best wishes to Anton Corneal on his appointment as FIFA Regional Technical Consultant for the Caribbean Region.
Corneal will take up the position on a full-time basis from September 1st, 2022 and will assist Trinidad and Tobago among other nations in the Caribbean.
The TTFA is now in search of a new Technical Director and the position will be advertised in due course. Corneal had been appointed as TTFA Technical Director on February 1st, 2022
Corneal will be responsible for overseeing FIFA projects in over ten countries among them being United States, Canada, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Curacao, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Suriname, Dominica and Trinidad and Tobago.
Among Corneal’s main responsibilities will be:
- To oversee technical leadership programs in the respective countries.
- To assist with the technical leadership programs in the respective countries.
- To assist with the organization of webinars, courses and workshops on site and online.
- To assist with the mentorship programs in the respective Member Associations.
- To assist the high performance team with the implementation of the high-performance programmes
- To assist with the analysis and verification of on-demand courses that may be requested by Member Associations in the region
- To be in regular contact with the Technical Directors of the Member Association.
In a response to the appointment, Corneal told TTFA Media, “This is another opportunity to serve and assist countries in the region and the development of the game throughout. It remains a passion of mine to continue assisting with the development of our region and I am looking forward to working with each of the Member Associations on this path onwards.”
Corneal will continue to work with and advise the TTFA on technical matters and coach education initiatives under his new role.