Sat, Apr
26 New Articles


St. Ann’s Rangers boasting Dean Pacheco as head coach following the sacking of Anthony Streete this week, pulled off a 2-2 comeback draw against fourth positioned Adam’s Construction San Juan Jabloteh moving one spot up into sixth on the Digicel Pro League standings on Friday night at the Larry Gomes Stadium.

And down at the Mannie Ramjohn Stadium T&TEC FC pulled off a 2-1 comeback win over bottom of the table Police FC to return to the top of the standings with 29 points, tied with second positioned Caledonia AIA but in front by a better goals difference.

T&TEC avoided humiliation against the same side that hammered them 4-1 earlier this year in Round Two by getting second half goals from Marcus Joseph (57th minute) and Brenton De Leon (59th minute) after Dexter Alleyne had the lawmen in front by the 39th minute in the Round Three Match Day Three contest.

At the Malabar venue, Rangers striker Cameron Roget pulled his side back in the 59th minute reducing a deficit to 1-2 when he guided a shot past goalkeeper Cleon John after a neat exchange of passes by the St. Ann’s club.

Rangers then won a penalty in the 61st minute after defender Karlon Murray tripped Hector Sam inside the area and Devon Modeste made no mistake converting past the fingertips of goalkeeper John to tie the scores at 2-2 in the 63rd minute.

Rangers were close to adding a third in the 81st minute, but striker Roget failed to make full contact on Modeste’s low cross while goalkeeper John got enough glove before the ball was cleared to safety.

All this after Jabloteh had a dominating first half and led with a 3rd minute Jason Marcano goal and Willis Plaza in the 17th minute.

Marcano guided Jabloteh ahead hooking back a shot into the net after goalkeeper Shane Mattis only managed fingertips to Kennedy Hinkson’s cross from the right for a 1-0 Jabloteh lead.

The Earl Carter coached side then made it 2-0 fifteen minutes later when Plaza headed perfectly on a cross from Marvin Oliver beating Mattis after an exchange of passes between Oliver and Hinkson on the right.

Rangers had a good opening in the 36th minute but instead of firing early on an exposed goal, Modeste allowed himself to be closed-in by goalkeeper Cleon John who made an excellent shutout.

Jabloteh’s best efforts of the second period were a couple wide efforts by defender Sheldon Bateau and one from goalscorer Marcano.

The drawn result left Jabloteh stuck in fourth with 24 points after 16 games after failing to hold on to a good first half cushion.


San Juan Jabloteh 2—2 St. Ann’s Rangers
Jason Marcano 3’, Willis Plaza 17’  ;  Cameron Roget 59’, Devon Modeste 63’


San Juan Jabloteh—Cleon John (capt.), Sheldon Bateau, Jamal Jack, Elton John, Karlon Murray (Christon Thomas 67th), Devon Jamerson (Keon Trim 80th), Willis Plaza (Andrew Smith 85th), Jason Marcano, Marvin Oliver, Elijah Manners, Kennedy Hinkson.

Coach—Earl Carter.

St. Ann’s Rangers—Shane Mattis, Akil Clarke (capt.), Kareem Moses, Javon Wilson, Clevon Mc Fee, Hector Sam, Theon James (Marcus Chandool 85th), Nicholas Valentine (Keron Alexander), Devon Modeste, Mikhail Awai, Cameron Roget.

Coach—Dean Pacheco.