The National Senior Men’s team will resume training on Thursday morning as preparations continue towards the 2012 Caribbean Cup Finals next month in Antigua/Barbuda.
The team, under Co-head coaches Hutson Charles and Jamaal Shabazz will assemble at the Larry Gomes Stadium from 9am.
The majority of the squad remains the same from the one that topped the semi-final round qualifying group in Tobago earlier this month. The list includes mostly home-based players with the likes of US-based duo Keon Daniel and Carlyle Mitchell also included as they are currently back home on their off season break.
There were invitations sent out to Stoke City forward Kenwyne Jones, Ipswich Town captain Carlos Edwards and Notts County midfielder Andre Boucaud but requests for those players were turned down by their respective clubs due to the fact that the tournament is being placed outside of the FIFA international window.
Columbus Crew midfielder Chris Birchall was also invited but is nursing a hamstring injury and will be sidelined for at least two weeks.
Slovakia-based winger Lester Peltier is expected to join the squad ahead of the tournament while Seattle Sounders’ Cordell Cato has also been invited and is expected in the country this week. Columbus Crew midfielder Kevan George has also earned a call up and has accepted the invitation.
Turkish-based forward Darryl Roberts has also been invited along with Vietnam-based duo Willis Plaza and Daneil Cyrus.
“Obviously we are trying to get our best possible squad for the tournament because this is crunch time in relation to of our ambitions to qualify for the Gold Cup,” Charles told TTFF Media.
“But at the same time no player is guaranteed a spot in the team that actually takes the pitch. We have core of players that got us to this stage and of course they remain in the squad and we will assess the readiness of all the players in the squad before we actually travel to Antigua,” he added.
The final squad leaves for Antigua on December 5th and will go into action on December 7th against Haiti in their opening match at the Antigua Recreation Ground. T&T will also face Dominican Republic and hosts Antigua in the opening group phase. The top two teams in the group will advance to the semi-finals and the CONCACAF Gold Cup in 2013.
Squad invited for training on Thursday
1. Jan Michael Williams (W-Connection)
2. Marvin Phillip (Central FC)
3. Glenroy Samuel (Caledonia AIA)
1. Seon Power (North East Stars)
2. Kareem Moses (North East Stars)
3. Curtis Gonzales (Defence Force)
4. Aubrey David (Caledonia AIA)
5. Joevin Jones (W-Connection)
6. Kern Cupid (W-Connection)
7. Carlyle Mitchell (Vancouver Whitecaps)
8. Robert Primus (FK Aktobe)
1. Densill Theobald (Caledonia AIA)
2. Clyde Leon (W-Connection)
3. Kevon Carter (Defence Force)
4. Sylvester Teesdale (T&TEC FC)
5. Ataullah Guerra (Caledonia)
6. Hashim Arcia (W-Connection)
7. Keon Edwards (Caledonia AIA)
8. Hughtun Hector (W-Connection)
9. Keon Daniel (Philadelphia Union)
1. Devon Jorsling (Defence Force)
2. Jamal Gay (Caledonia AIA)
3. Richard Roy (Defence Force)